PDA

View Full Version : Mint Prestige Classic 600 (Star Trek)

Tennis Man
04-21-2010, 06:25 AM
I've been looking for a while to get one of these in good used condition to play replace the cracked one I had. Finally I got it but ... mint?

Now I have the old dilemma: just use it, keep it and look for another or sell it?

I know you guys like the pictures. So here it is:

http://i40.tinypic.com/fxs19c.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/29qoc9j.jpg

tandayu
04-21-2010, 07:16 AM
not the original bag

The leather grip is unusual dark maroon color, I only saw those on PP600, I prefer this maroon grip

Tennis Man
04-21-2010, 07:42 AM
not the original bag

The leather grip is unusual dark maroon color, I only saw those on PP600, I prefer this maroon grip

Thanks for your comment, tandayu. I had the maroon grip on my Austrian PP 600. This may be the later PC 600 Star Trek because I've seen the same grip on other PC600 made and designed in Austria.

What was the original bag like? I have tons of different Head bags and would love to know which one came with the original PP and PC600.

Is this the original Prestige Pro bag?

http://i44.tinypic.com/6z1t7q.jpg

MichaelChang
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Now I have the old dilemma: just use it, keep it and look for another or sell it?

I say just use it.

zapvor
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
yea whats wrong with it. looks good to me

Tennis Man
04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I say just use it.

The thing is I usually get a few racquets to experiement with the strings. I keep the better ones in reserve and play with the used ones.

Once I take the only mint racquet to the court it will be eventually scuffed and scratched. I can do this to the rare frames. Someone out there value them more as a clean specimen and I respect that. I'd rather trade it for a used one to play. :)

Maybe I will get the cracked one off the big site and see what it's made of.

mad dog1
04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
life's too short...i say use it. :)

MichaelChang
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
yeah life is short, to be more precise, as we age up our tennis ability goes down. have to sit in the office 10hours per day I feeling my age every day. man, just enjoy the stick, have the most fun while you can. rackets are made to be played. Unless this one is sealed in plastic handle and brand new, otherwise just use it. Plus, the star trek ones are not really much superior compared to Classic mids or the later TW version PC 600s (just my opinion).

pshulam
04-21-2010, 03:31 PM
.. the star trek ones are not really much superior compared to Classic mids or the later TW version PC 600s (just my opinion).
Are all classic Prestiges (i.e, Pro (1st & 2nd generations), 600 (green ones), classic 600 (star trek font, made in Austria, designed in Austria, TW vesion, classic mids) pretty much the same in playability? How good is the racket is totally dependent on personal preference. For some funny reasons, the demand for the first generation of Prestige Pro and the Star Trek font rackets is so much higher. People are willing to pay big $$$ for them.

khw72004
04-21-2010, 03:48 PM
All of these rackets are great frames. Most of my rackets are stung with different strings so it hard to compare side by side. I do prefer the TXP over many of my other rackets based on feel. Currently I am playing with the PT630 is is an amazing racket. It has everything that I can ask for. The feel is great and with the added power its hard to switch back to my graphite pro and TXP.

Tennis Man I feel the same way with Mint Frames. I would keep it. I love Head rackets and preserving history is something that I have done with some of my frames. I have used frames of the same model that I take out to the courts that I don't mind scuffing to a degree.

MichaelChang
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Are all classic Prestiges (i.e, Pro (1st & 2nd generations), 600 (green ones), classic 600 (star trek font, made in Austria, designed in Austria, TW vesion, classic mids) pretty much the same in playability? How good is the racket is totally dependent on personal preference. For some funny reasons, the demand for the first generation of Prestige Pro and the Star Trek font rackets is so much higher. People are willing to pay big $$$ for them.

All these are made in Austria, some print designed in Austria but they are really made in Austria and later finished in Czech republic (eg the TW version).

People paying big bucks for the Prestige Pro and Star Trek because they are rare. I think the original Prestige Pro probably stands out in the Prestige line due to its unqiue history on the pro's tour at that time, all the other ones are more or less on the same page.

MichaelChang
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I do prefer the TXP over many of my other rackets based on feel.

Just in case you didn't know, TXP is the exact same racket as the first generation Prestige Pro, just with a different paint job. I can understand why you like it. :)

tandayu
04-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks for your comment, tandayu. I had the maroon grip on my Austrian PP 600. This may be the later PC 600 Star Trek because I've seen the same grip on other PC600 made and designed in Austria.

What was the original bag like? I have tons of different Head bags and would love to know which one came with the original PP and PC600.

Is this the original Prestige Pro bag?

http://i44.tinypic.com/6z1t7q.jpg

- not really sure which is the actual bag for pp600, i know I have one in dark brown color
- the bag for pc600 trek font has "prestige" printedon it, and the material same as the bag of pt630. Vsbabolat need your help here
- your pc600 has low bar code number, could be early production and heavier version. if u do not mind pls weight it strung, is it 350 gram or more?
- is your pc600 mint? if it mint and you willing to take off the cap grommet and show the upper hoop is mint, iam willing to give u offer
- I prefer the prestige prior to 1995 production date, it is just my subjective preference

pshulam
04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
All of these rackets are great frames. Most of my rackets are stung with different strings so it hard to compare side by side. I do prefer the TXP over many of my other rackets based on feel. Currently I am playing with the PT630 is is an amazing racket. It has everything that I can ask for. The feel is great and with the added power its hard to switch back to my graphite pro and TXP.
Do you equate the TXP and the Garphite Pro the same in feel or comfort? The difference in market value between these two racquets is quite significant.

Tennis Man
04-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Thank again, tandayu.

I have seen so many different Head bags and some of them don't exactly match the racquets:

- the cases for TXP (white/red) and TXE (carbon black) are beautiful pearl white with TX series printed on them
- the case for my emerald green Elite Pro is cream-colored canvas with green letters
- the rest are all mismatched (mostly green and brown with Prestige, Pro Tour, etc printed on them)

The weight of PC 600 Star Trek is 12.2oz, pretty close to 350g but they do vary in weight a bit. Prestiges Pro are heavier for sure and I really like that. What are you looking for under the grommet? If there are any scuffs or paint chips, I would let you know. I have 2 earlier production in near mint condition and I would consider selling the cleanest one b/c I'd hate to ruin it. :)

Tennis Man
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Do you equate the TXP and the Garphite Pro the same in feel or comfort? The difference in market value between these two racquets is quite significant.

TXP/Prestiges are like top sports cars because of their high quality workmanship/materials (PJ, Twaron) and thin-beamed construction.

Graphite Pro are just solid box-beamed graphite frames. I find them very solid but less maneuverable and aerodynamic.