PDA

View Full Version : Are all Wilson H22 frames the same weight?

ivo
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
I mean base frame before any customization? Similar like all Head Pro Stock frames are ?

Same and light ( 305g unstr. like biciomac said) or same and heavy (330-340g unstr. without any lead like dr325i and jsomrak are saying) ?

Or maybe they are 305g and then customized with silicone in the head to 330-340g?

Or are they totally custom frames and every one is different and custom made for some pro, with different layup and weight from the factory?

dr325i
04-22-2010, 12:51 AM
I mean base frame before any customization? Similar like all Head Pro Stock frames are ?

Same and light ( 305g unstr. like biciomac said) or same and heavy (330-340g unstr. without any lead like dr325i and jsomrak are saying) ?

Or maybe they are 305g and then customized with silicone in the head to 330-340g?

Or are they totally custom frames and every one is different and custom made for some pro, with different layup and weight from the factory?

So far, what I have seen, they are NOT all the same wight.
The ones I have are 330g unstrung, there is no lead anywhere, and all I could see in the handle is a regular Wilson foam.
I was also offered a light version (made for Ana Ivanovic before she switched to Yonex) that weighted around 300g.
I have also seen the KBT PJ ones that were at 340g

All of my PT57A/E frames were customized with lead and silicone, therefore, the weight could (easily) be reduced. However, I have come across different Head Pro stock frames that were weighted at the factory and were considerably heavier than the ones I had with no lead on them.

vsbabolat
04-22-2010, 03:54 AM
I was also offered a light version (made for Ana Ivanovic before she switched to Yonex) that weighted around 300g.

That makes sense since her Wilson had quite a bit visible lead on them after customization in the throat and at 3 and 9 0'clock in the head.

biciomac
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
The ones I have are 330g unstrung, there is no lead anywhere, and all I could see in the handle is a regular Wilson foam.

can you please post some pictures of yours heavy h22 version?

balance unstrung?

jsomrak
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Mine came with lead at 12 o'clock at 338gm. Before lead I was told they weighed 328! I tried to look and see if there was silicone in frame and can't tell for sure but I doubt it. The foam in in handle at first felt/looked cheaper than silicone that you see in the head frames. But, after playing, I find it may be better! I can't emphasize enough the comfort of these frames.

dr325i
04-22-2010, 01:22 PM
can you please post some pictures of yours heavy h22 version?

balance unstrung?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=4546112&postcount=78

31.5cm balance unstrung (if I remember correct) -- it is 32.5 cm strung.