PDA

View Full Version : Best Tension for Babolat Aeropro Drive GT

botticelli
04-22-2010, 10:40 AM
I have been using Luxilon Ace 18g and Kirschbaum Pro Line II 18g with my Babolat Aeropro Drive GT and I was wondering what is a good setup for this racquet.

I tried the Pro Line II 18g at 53 pounds and I was spraying all over the place. Luxilon Ace 18g was strung at 58 pounds and had better control.

I was thinking of stringing the racquet at 62 with poly so basically I was wondering if any of you use this racquet and what tension do you string it at. Looking for best performance with good spin regarding tension.

Consigliere73
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
62 with BlackCode was stiff as a board and unplayable.

57 with Hex was good.

55 with PL2 was good.

The problem with the APDGT is that its really a control racquet in the sense of directional control. I always found trying to hit the lines or close was a matter of simply sitting and hoping....

nickarnold2000
04-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I have been using Luxilon Ace 18g and Kirschbaum Pro Line II 18g with my Babolat Aeropro Drive GT and I was wondering what is a good setup for this racquet.

I tried the Pro Line II 18g at 53 pounds and I was spraying all over the place. Luxilon Ace 18g was strung at 58 pounds and had better control.

I was thinking of stringing the racquet at 62 with poly so basically I was wondering if any of you use this racquet and what tension do you string it at. Looking for best performance with good spin regarding tension.
It's whatever you think it is. Go check out the low tension thread and experiment yourself. :) I use a tweener and have had no problems with control in the mid 30s.

Tennisisthebest
08-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I am having the same problem:
I do not know which tension to string my aeropro cortex at.. I want to know the recommended tension for the pro hurricane 16 with the Aeropro Cortex..
Thanks!

Tennis_Crazed
08-09-2010, 11:32 PM
I string a few of these for my clients and it's usually in the mid 50's +/- 3-4 lbs