PDA

View Full Version : help picking out a new string pattern (read for details)

indianbryant
04-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I was using a hybrid with lux bb alu power rough (m)/psgd (c) 59/56lbs. I hated this combination, I felt it lacked feel and I needed more power. The spin was decent, but not at the level it should have been. Plus, it died pretty quickly, which I understand is usual for a poly. It lasted me about a month, considering I was only playing inside about 4 hours a week due to weather it makes sense. I have the kblade 98. Based on my experience with this hybrid setup, can you reccomend me a setup that would satisfy me? the main drawback for me is that I do not want to pay for shipping so I would like to get my strings from g o l f s m i t h . c o m. I was thinking about these combinations, which would be best for me?
lux bb alu power rough/ wilson nxt (16/16)
lux bb alu power rough/wilson sensation (16/16)
full nxt
full lux bb alu power rough
full pht
pht w/wilson nxt
pht w/ sensation
Yes, I have heard about rpm and i want them but I can't wait. So pick one from above.

indianbryant
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
sorry i meant stringjob.

bastorm0720
04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
RPM is already out...
lux dies really really really fast and once it dies it kills your arm and play. PHT dies pretty fast too (2 weeks at most) and it's pretty stiff.
I'm not a big hybrid fan at all, but I used to use PHT and Xcel premium and it was alrite but not enough spin for me.

I really like Pro Supex Blue Gear and Genesis Spin X and you could hybrid with Gosen OG Sheep Micro which according to this forum is a staple for a good hybrid.

Tennis Depot sells Pro Supex stuff and same with tennis express

I would avoid PHT and lux though

indianbryant
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I thought rpm was getting in stock may 1st almost everywhere, is it available in the U.S. right now? I might try those strings you mentioned next time but for now, which of the above lsited would u pick if u had to pick one?

Donny0627
04-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Definitely PHT and NXT.

I use PHT and Addiction and it feels great. I would assume that the NXT would make it play even better.

Donny0627
04-23-2010, 03:29 AM
I would avoid PHT and lux though

I can understand staying away from lux, but why all the hate for PHT. I have been playing it in a hybrid for almost 2 months(2 rackets so rotating). I play 4-5 times a week and they still feel fine.