PDA

View Full Version : Recovering string from strung racquet - worth it?

el sergento
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi all, I've got a strange question. I have a spare racquet strung with BB original. Since being strung, the racquet has not been used a single time.

I want to recover the string since I don't use that racquet anymore. It's strung one piece so at the very least I want to cut it out so that I can get a hybrid job out of it.

So is this worth my trouble or not?? Will an already pulled poly (BB original) be completely unusable if strung again even if it was never played with?

Thanks

jim e
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi all, I've got a strange question. I have a spare racquet strung with BB original. Since being strung, the racquet has not been used a single time.

I want to recover the string since I don't use that racquet anymore. It's strung one piece so at the very least I want to cut it out so that I can get a hybrid job out of it.

So is this worth my trouble or not?? Will an already pulled poly (BB original) be completely unusable if strung again even if it was never played with?

Thanks

That is a strange question!
Don't waist your time. the string has been under tension for some time, that alone is enough. All you will do is ruin another 1/2 set that you would be hybriding it with. Just go for all new strings.BB orig. only lasts so long anyways, after being strung even if no hit is not worth it.It will not be completely unusable but will not be what you expect it to hit like. Also after being tensioned for a while the playability will not be there.

struggle
04-23-2010, 08:50 AM
it will play like old, pre-stretched string.
i'd say you risk breaking it when re-stringing or prematurely when playing
with it due to old turns/kinks/grommet spots being in different places.
on the other hand it may work just fine.

it's a fun experiment nonetheless.

David123
04-23-2010, 12:24 PM
i say just cut them off and use a new string.