PDA

View Full Version : Tensioning question relating to drawback

[d]ragon
04-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Normal practice to reduce drawback is to push the clamp towards the tension head before clamping down. I noticed when I do this, the tension bar (dropweight) drops down further.
Is this normal? Should I re-tension the string or increase the tension by leaving the tension bar slightly above horizontal?
Thanks

[d]ragon
04-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Yulitle, can you explain why you don't suggest doing this?
Thanks

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=193680&highlight=drawback

Irvin
04-24-2010, 04:39 AM
ragon;4588669']Normal practice to reduce drawback is to push the clamp towards the tension head before clamping down. I noticed when I do this, the tension bar (dropweight) drops down further.
Is this normal? Should I re-tension the string or increase the tension by leaving the tension bar slightly above horizontal?
Thanks

I would not do that. All the drawback should be pulled on when tension is pulling on the next string anyway.

When you push the string toward the tension head you are in effect helping the tensioner and the weight will fall more, that is normal. When you quit helping the tensioner the string will not pull the tension head back up. So what you have done is put more tension on the string that you have set on the tensioner. How much you will never know.

Irvin

[d]ragon
04-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks Irvin. I'll try without it but my clamps tend to have alot of drawback despite being recently cleaned

David123
04-24-2010, 11:59 AM
hmm interesting thanks irvin.