PDA

View Full Version : Stringer in St. Louis, MO area?

Fetedawg
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Hello all,

I was hoping someone on these boards who strings lives in the Greater St. Louis, MO area. Don't particularly want to go somewhere like Dick's or Sports Authority. A recommendation to a pro shop would be appreciated as well, as long as labor fees weren't too high. I found one that is charging $25 per racket ( not including strings). Thanks in advance.

Toad
04-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I am in the area and string. I live right on the U City Loop (a stones throw away from Blueberry Hill). I charge $10 labor (a bit more if you are using gut) plus string cost. I use an Alpha Pioneer DC + machine, and can almost always have rackets done by the next day. If you are interested, send me an email using the link in my profile. I regularly play at places all over the St. Louis area, so may be able to meet you somewhere to get your rackets/return them.

If that is to far of a drive for you, I used to get my rackets strung at the Creve Couer Racket Club. They do a decent job and charge $15 if you bring your own string.

Fetedawg
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Toad,

Thanks for the reply. I am interested but cannot seem to find an email link in your profile. Please let me know the best way to get a hold of you. Thanks again.

zpilot
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I've heard that Racket Man do a good job at stringing. Juts not quite sure how much he charges for labor...

Toad
04-24-2010, 01:58 PM
I've heard that Racket Man do a good job at stringing. Juts not quite sure how much he charges for labor...

They do, but I think they charge quite a bit...back when I was a junior that was where I got my rackets strung...can't remember what they charged though (and it has probably changed anyways).

I thought there was something in my profile that says something to the extent of send message via email...may not be though. My email is h20polo2004 (at) hotmail (dot) com.