PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids last longer than full poly bed???

tsongaali
04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
I have a full bed of polystar energy, and it seems to notch really fast. Would putting something like gosen og sheep in the crosses make it last longer? Also would not having a full bed of poly reduce spin?

marosmith
04-23-2010, 11:13 PM
I have a full bed of polystar energy, and it seems to notch really fast. Would putting something like gosen og sheep in the crosses make it last longer? Also would not having a full bed of poly reduce spin?

Prob not cuz gosen snaps like mad.

bad_call
04-24-2010, 12:22 PM

yup...lasts longer and no great spin loss since the mains do the brunt of the work there.

David123
04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
yeah i am wondering this question too.

Jonny S&V
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
yup...lasts longer and no great spin loss since the mains do the brunt of the work there.

But if you think about it, with the mains moving and all, it's going to create a lot of friction on the crosses. Having Gosen on the crosses isn't going to help your problem, as (if you are notching Polystar Energy) the Gosen will snap way before the Polystar will.

bad_call
04-24-2010, 07:09 PM
But if you think about it, with the mains moving and all, it's going to create a lot of friction on the crosses. Having Gosen on the crosses isn't going to help your problem, as (if you are notching Polystar Energy) the Gosen will snap way before the Polystar will.

have found that some full polys don't last as long as poly/syn gut. others have experienced the same. dependent on tension, gauge and strings.

possibly poly mains notch faster on poly crosses than syn gut crosses.

Jonny S&V
04-24-2010, 10:07 PM
have found that some full polys don't last as long as poly/syn gut. others have experienced the same. dependent on tension, gauge and strings.

possibly poly mains notch faster on poly crosses than syn gut crosses.

I've always snapped mains first, even in hybrids, so I can't comment personally, but for the sheer number of people that I string for, almost all the players with hybrids break the crosses first (myself and another guy being the exception). What you say makes some sense, but Gosen OG Micro will snap for sure (which was the original question), as will most syn guts that aren't PSGD.

bad_call
04-25-2010, 07:05 AM
I've always snapped mains first, even in hybrids, so I can't comment personally, but for the sheer number of people that I string for, almost all the players with hybrids break the crosses first (myself and another guy being the exception). What you say makes some sense, but Gosen OG Micro will snap for sure (which was the original question), as will most syn guts that aren't PSGD.

i didn't read that in the original question. it states "I have a full bed of polystar energy, and it seems to notch really fast. Would putting something like gosen og sheep in the crosses make it last longer? "

don't know how PSGD won't snap...unless fraying then snapping is not the same as simply snapping.

Jonny S&V
04-25-2010, 01:51 PM
i didn't read that in the original question. it states "I have a full bed of polystar energy, and it seems to notch really fast. Would putting something like gosen og sheep in the crosses make it last longer? "

don't know how PSGD won't snap...unless fraying then snapping is not the same as simply snapping.

Idk if you are agreeing with me or not on the first point, but anyway...

Fraying, then snapping, is different for me than just breaking. I like the term popping for a string that doesn't fray before it breaks, because you don't typically know when it's going to happen.