PDA

View Full Version : Getting string data from a string machine and racquetTune

stoneage
04-24-2010, 11:11 AM
There has been a lot of discussion around racquetTune, and one of the topics has been how get correct string data. I therefore want to propose an alternative method for those who has access to a string machine:

Take a piece of string and apply tension to it in the string machine (without a racquet). Measure the tension with racquetTune and use the result to calculate the linear density of the string. I have set up a page with a calculator and a short description at:
racquetTune.com/singlestring.php (http://racquetTune.com/singlestring.php)

In this way you are getting the real dynamic data of the string and calibration it to you string machine. I have made a few test and they seems give reasonable results. But I am very interested in getting your feeback on this. If it works out well it could be included in the app.

/Sten

Desro
04-25-2010, 05:46 AM
I string my racquet at 25 kg with my star 5. Then adjust the string linear density at 1.55. on my Racquet tune. Bull's eye 25 kg.

duffman
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I just tried this method. The generic poly density I was using was 1.7 for Unique BHB. With your new test I used a calculated density of 1.58, much better results now.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Drop weight DC+ Calculated density of 1.66
set at 54lbs
racquet tune picked it up at 53.8

cujays
04-26-2010, 01:07 PM
does this method work with flying clamps such as the ones on a Gamma X2?

duffman
04-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Just strung up a set of Genesis Typhoon at 53/51 on my stringway ml100. I did your RT calculation and got a density of 1.56 g/m, which then measured the stringbed at 52 lbs. Perfect!

ManuGinobili
04-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Haha cool so this is more like a way to calibrate racquetTune to your own stringing machine.

I have a question that I don't think was answered in the other thread... Head measure their racket head size in a different way from other manufacturers, which could lead to a 4,5 in square variation. Do you think this will matter much in the racquetTune measurement?

xeropwnage
06-06-2013, 01:08 PM
does this method work with flying clamps such as the ones on a Gamma X2?

Bumping, since I haven't seen an answer to this yet.