PDA

View Full Version : Strings for Youtek Pretige Mid?

BagelMe
04-25-2010, 08:10 PM
I demoed it a while back and decided on purchasing one. I just need some string setups for this sick racket.

I was thinking about giving these strings a try:
TF X-1 biphase 17
Solinco Revolution 17
Lux Adrenaline 17
Wilson NXT tour 17
Genesis Spin X
Prince recoil(although these strings break so so fast..so maybe not)

......I wish I could get Babolat VS gut, but I really can't afford it at the rate that I am breaking strings. :cry:

Maybe you guys can give some feedback?

Zhou
04-25-2010, 08:34 PM
I find the Solinco Tour Bite and Vanquish hybrid to be nice at 54 lbs. I recommend putting Natural Gut at a minimum of 57 lbs. It flies at 54 lbs.

Jaewonnie
04-26-2010, 04:23 AM
I'm using full X-1 currently. Plays soft, nice spin, and power. I think it takes some control out of the stick though..next time im trying some head string in there. Or just string at 60+.

BagelMe
04-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I would use X-1 biphase, but they have horrible durability...

Jaewonnie
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Lol still using them after a month of no breaks. Signs of wear though.

PED
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Head FXP is quite nice in there. In 99.9% of my sticks, I prefer full poly but for me, the Mid plays best with a hybrid or full multi (or gut of course :)

BagelMe
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh! my coach uses that I think...so maybe I should ask him if it is good for me.

Ross K
04-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Head FXP is quite nice in there. In 99.9% of my sticks, I prefer full poly but for me, the Mid plays best with a hybrid or full multi (or gut of course :)

Which multis (full job) did you happen to really like in the MGPm - or think would really suit it?

Thanks mate,

R.

PED
04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Ross, X1, NRG, Klip Xcellerator and Head FXP were all excellent choices. Nice pocketing, control and spin.

Head FXP is really nice and it's also the cheapest of the lot as well.

BagelMe
04-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Have you ever tried FXP and Kirshbaum PL2 in a hybrid?

PED
04-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Which multis (full job) did you happen to really like in the MGPm - or think would really suit it?

Thanks mate,

R.

Ross, the other benefit to owning any of the YT Prestiges is that the dark claret paint matches the color of the Gunners kit of their last year at Highbury ;)

PED
04-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Bagel me, the pl2 and FXP hybrid is a really nice one. An even better one is X1 mains and cyberflash crosses or you can flip them around depending on whether you like your poly in the mains or the crosses.

The downside with the multi main is low durability but the power and feel are $$

tennis005
04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I've got a YTPP and have gone back to good ole synthetic. I tried a whole bunch of polys and multis but nothing like synthetic gut.

Ross K
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Ross, X1, NRG, Klip Xcellerator and Head FXP were all excellent choices. Nice pocketing, control and spin.

Head FXP is really nice and it's also the cheapest of the lot as well.

You're the second person in the last 24 hours to recommend Head FXP to me in the MG Pres mid - another poster and long-time Pres mid user absolutely swears by it... hmmm, me thinks I'll have to look into this...

btw... re your other post... please do not sully this thread with any references to that football team (I can't even bring myself to mention the name)... LOL!:)

R.