PDA

View Full Version : Polystar Energy, Strike

dekko1
04-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi guys, I had been looking for reviews of Polystar Strike and I only found 1 review. So I went ahead and bought every Polystar string to give them a try.

The first string I tried was the Energy. I heard some good things about it and also read that some pros are playing with it. To tell you all the truth, I was disappointed with Energy. The first time I played with it, I played for only 1 hour, it felt ok, crisp, quite powerfull, decent feel, easy on the arm. The 2nd time I played with it on the next day, it had lost quite a lot of tension, a bit more then what I am used to in a poly. But I stuck with it and played with it for another whole hour; so as you can probably imagine, it had quite a lot of power, not much feel, I didn't really enjoy it.

So I then decided to try Strike. It wasn't the best string to string with. It is not a smooth string, it is textured, so I had to be more carefull while pulling the crosses. After being a bit disapointed with Energy, I did not expect much from Strike. I went for a long hit yesterday, and BOY what a good surprise I had! It is not as powerfull or soft as Energy, but it felt crisp, great control, good amount of power and great spin as well. It was just such a good combination of everything.
I recently tried Pacific Polyforce, and they seem quite similar, but the Polystar would be a much beter version of it, better in spin, feel and control.
So, for 59 for 200m, it is also a great value, there are lots of strings out there costing at least twice as much that aren't near as good.
As for holding the tension, I played for almost 2 hours and the strings hadn't lost much tension. I am playing again today and I will update on how it felt again today.

Ross K
04-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Re poly energy - how many hours total before it dies would you say?

dekko1
04-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Re poly energy - how many hours total before it dies would you say?

Well, it was ok for the first hour; the next day when I started playing again I was surprised about the tension loss. I do want to try it again, maybe string a bit tighter, or even pre stretch it to see if there is any difference.

I just got back from playing with Strike, and it still feels really good, quite lively and it is holding the tension up pretty well.

I also have Polystar Classic and Turbo to try.

Standupnfall
04-26-2010, 04:48 AM
How tight did you string it ?

I strung it at 50 on a constant pull and got 8+ hours of great playing out of it

dekko1
04-26-2010, 05:03 AM
How tight did you string it ?

I strung it at 50 on a constant pull and got 8+ hours of great playing out of it

60/58 lbs
I'll be lucky if a string lasts 4hrs.

Standupnfall
04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
60/58 lbs
I'll be lucky if a string lasts 4hrs.

Agreed. The tighter you string a poly the shorter its life span and IMO worse perfomance.

David123
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
no i like stringing it at like 57lbs.

ManuGinobili
04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Try Energy at 35lbs ? That's how Davy rollll