PDA

View Full Version : Will Verdasco continue to use Major rackets?

racquetdynamics
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Given that Verdasco is playing the best tennis of his career so far, is there any likelihood whatsoever that he will change to a Dunlop frame when Dunlop eventually come up with a frame that might suit him?

Also, given that Dunlop can't even design a website for themselves, is there any likelihood that they will be able to design a frame that would be acceptable to Verdasco?

Especially as Verdasco has played with Major rackets for his entire career?

mary fierce
04-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Entire career? Didn't he win a tournament recently using a Yonex frame, then ditch it? (Perhaps the buttcap was the only green they came up with.)

baseline_monster
04-26-2010, 06:48 AM
it had the headshape of a yonex

phishua
04-26-2010, 08:17 AM
He won San Josť playtesting a Yonex. Then went to Dunlop. And is playing with his old Tecnifibre (Major) frame, blacked-out.

WTF is going on with this dude's racquet choices???

Travis Fong
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure he just doesn't care. 3 Racquet changes in under a year. Thats ludicrous, why doesn't he just play with a childrens racquet.

OliverSimon
04-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Hopefully he won't have another blacked-out racquet. Dunlop is losing some serious cash now, with Verdasco going on this hot-streak. Get that man a paintjob!

racquetdynamics
04-27-2010, 12:21 AM
The only time he played with anything other than a Major racquet was for about 1 month early this year when he won San Jose. Soon after that it was back to the old Major frames. As for signing with Dunlop, so far he's holding nothing other than a Dunlop bag, the frames are clearly still Major.
Does anyone know if Dunlop will come up with even a paintjob for him by the time Roland Garros starts?

rockcholfo
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
the pj is too rare because why he's not using a dunlop pj or a complete black pj, it's rare very rare

Mig1NC
04-29-2010, 03:08 AM
If the AG4D300T is built from the same mold as the Major, why don't they just paint the thing as the 300T and say he is testing a new 16x19 version? In fact, then freaking sell us a 16x19 version. I'm sure there is demand for it.

matchpoint71
04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
The only time he played with anything other than a Major racquet was for about 1 month early this year when he won San Jose. Soon after that it was back to the old Major frames. As for signing with Dunlop, so far he's holding nothing other than a Dunlop bag, the frames are clearly still Major.
Does anyone know if Dunlop will come up with even a paintjob for him by the time Roland Garros starts?

They can't. It is not legal otherwise Dunlop will be in trouble. They are not allowed to use the technology of his competitor without any agreement....that's not good for Dunlop...

Kemitak
04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he just doesn't care. 3 Racquet changes in under a year. Thats ludicrous, why doesn't he just play with a childrens racquet.

Yeah! That makes a lot of sense!

cork_screw
05-02-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't think anyone knows what you mean by reading your header. And even your thread description doesn't really make much sense. What is your question?

vsbabolat
05-02-2010, 06:09 AM
If the AG4D300T is built from the same mold as the Major, why don't they just paint the thing as the 300T and say he is testing a new 16x19 version? In fact, then freaking sell us a 16x19 version. I'm sure there is demand for it.

Dunlop Did have a 16x19 with that mold. You can still get one while supplies last..........
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Dunlop_M-Fil_16x19.jpg
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_M-Fil_200_16x19/descpageRCDUNLOP-200P06.html

mctennis
05-02-2010, 08:38 AM
So what racquet is Verdasco REALLY using? I know you said a Major racquet but which model is he using? He's been on a terror as of late.
OK, I looked at a few more threads and it looks like he is using a Major Bullet Elite. Is this correct?

matchpoint71
05-02-2010, 12:09 PM
So what racquet is Verdasco REALLY using? I know you said a Major racquet but which model is he using? He's been on a terror as of late.
OK, I looked at a few more threads and it looks like he is using a Major Bullet Elite. Is this correct?

Fernando is using a MAJOR Bullit which is Tecnifibre (previous brand). The racquet has 16 mains with a very particular lay-up. Apparently he signed a deal with Dunlop without testing the racquet and he is still wating for the prototype to decide.

rovex
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Does anyone really believe he will switch? Dunlop have been pretty slow to get him a paintjob of his TF especially since they would a lot of recognition when you consider how well he's at the moment.

JStar7
05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Dunlop Did have a 16x19 with that mold. You can still get one while supplies last..........
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Dunlop_M-Fil_16x19.jpg
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_M-Fil_200_16x19/descpageRCDUNLOP-200P06.html

vsbabolat, is the racket above similar to the one I have in my signature? If it is, i'm going to buy a bunch of them because while I love the TF's, its going to be like throwing a Nuke in my wallet to get more of them.

johnnymacfan
06-01-2010, 02:55 AM
The agreement with FV was reached after the season had started, which makes it tough to switch at that point. My bet is that you'll see Verdasco switch by Wimbledon if not before, as grass is his weakest surface...I've heard that it's a fully new frame from Dunlop, separate from the current line...

At the rate that FV is getting hammered by Dunlop players this year (Melzer twice, and Almagro yesterday), I'd say he's getting to the point that if you cannot beat them, join them!

"Dunlop = everybody else's best frame + feel!"