PDA

View Full Version : need stringing advice

ituleb
04-26-2010, 01:08 PM
This may be a dumb question, if so forgive me, but I need some advice.

I really want to upgrade my racket to a Babolat Pure Storm GT...I love the racket, it feels very solid, very comfortable. My only complaint about it is it's a little low powered. I'm a 4.0 area player, and while I can generate my own power somewhat, having some assistance from the racket is nice.

I like this racket a lot, so I was wondering what I could do on the stringing part of things to help increase power. I honestly don't know that much about strings, but I've always wanted to use natural gut. Would using a good natural gut in the lower end of the recommended tension range help with the power situation. Obviously it's not going to change the entire racket, but I just need a little added 'boost' if you will.

Any/all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

sstchur
04-26-2010, 01:17 PM

I really want to upgrade my racket to a Babolat Pure Storm GT...I love the racket, it feels very solid, very comfortable. My only complaint about it is it's a little low powered. I'm a 4.0 area player, and while I can generate my own power somewhat, having some assistance from the racket is nice.

I like this racket a lot, so I was wondering what I could do on the stringing part of things to help increase power. I honestly don't know that much about strings, but I've always wanted to use natural gut. Would using a good natural gut in the lower end of the recommended tension range help with the power situation. Obviously it's not going to change the entire racket, but I just need a little added 'boost' if you will.

Conventional wisdom says to try stringing at a slightly lower tension and use thinner strings.

You might consider a 17g multifilament.

Donny0627
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM

A low tensioned gut will give you more than enough of a power boost.

ituleb
04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
any recommendation on a particular string/brand? i was looking at babolat vs natural thermogut 16, but am also open to others, don't really know where to start.