PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Synthetic Gut

Ambivalent
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
This has got to be the worst string ever. I picked up a couple sets for 3 dollars off the Bay because I thought it would be worth trying. I think i'm just going to throw out the second set. String moves like crazy, feels like a board, and almost hurts to play with.

tennisINmyBLOOD
04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
This has got to be the worst string ever. I picked up a couple sets for 3 dollars off the Bay because I thought it would be worth trying. I think i'm just going to throw out the second set. String moves like crazy, feels like a board, and almost hurts to play with.

Amen to that. Probably the worst synthetic gut I've every played with. I think I like tournament nylon better.

David123
04-27-2010, 08:50 AM
haha wow thanks for input :P

David123
04-27-2010, 08:51 AM
funny cuz they make best NG lol

The_Question
04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
They're basically identical to the Super Fine Play it replaced. SFP had high remarks from users here, myself included. It is a basic syn gut and cost less than $4...can't expect to play like a pack of $43 VS gut, no??

Donny0627
04-27-2010, 04:04 PM
And did it ever cross your mind that there might be a reason that it is under $4 a pack?

THESEXPISTOL
04-27-2010, 04:09 PM
And did it ever cross your mind that there might be a reason that it is under $4 a pack?

Yeah, keep using your top notch, expensive polys that go dead after 5 hours and screw all your arm joints and then you will praise synthetic gut like everyone else.

Ambivalent
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
They're basically identical to the Super Fine Play it replaced. SFP had high remarks from users here, myself included. It is a basic syn gut and cost less than $4...can't expect to play like a pack of $43 VS gut, no??

It's worse than basic synthetic. I've used gosen and psgd, which are around the same price. This stuff is tenfold worse. There's just nothing good I can say about this string.

The_Question
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
It's worse than basic synthetic. I've used gosen and psgd, which are around the same price. This stuff is tenfold worse. There's just nothing good I can say about this string.

To you perhaps...I personally rank basic syn gut as Gosen Super JC > Babolat SFP > Wilson syn gut extreme > Prince OSG > Prince SGD...

As for stiffness, PSGD is stiffer than SFP...