PDA

View Full Version : Similar Strings

A_Chong
04-28-2010, 05:58 AM
I was just wondering what types of strings that are similiar to Babolat Addiction and Luxilon ALU Power. I mainly use these two strings and I was wondering if there were any similar strings. Thanks to all that post! :D

Nuke
04-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Unique Big Hitter (silver, not blue) is close to Lux ALU

DavidGarcia
04-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Babolat Addiction = Wilson Sensation, IMO.

Ash_Smith
04-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Lux Alu - Mantis Power Poly

Bab Addiction - RAB Sensorfibre (perhaps more similar to xcel)

dekko1
04-28-2010, 06:17 AM
The closest thing to Alu Power that I have played with is Toalson Cyberblade Tour Thermaxe 123.

PROTENNIS63
04-28-2010, 06:34 AM
I currently use Spin X which is pretty darn close. Several members here are raving over Genesis Typhoon. I should have a set on the way so will be trying that one soon.

LPShanet
04-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I was just wondering what types of strings that are similiar to Babolat Addiction and Luxilon ALU Power. I mainly use these two strings and I was wondering if there were any similar strings. Thanks to all that post! :D

I find Tecnifibre Black Code pretty similar to ALU. Not a dead match, but it shares some qualities.

A_Chong
04-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Out of all the posts, what strings has the greatest durability and gives a lot of power or spin?

Autodidactic player
04-29-2010, 05:39 AM
Out of all the posts, what strings has the greatest durability and gives a lot of power or spin?

Since you said power or spin, the answer would be a 19 gauge Kevlar. Excellent bite on the ball for great spin and tough as nails but, and this is important, no power - zero, zip, nada! What I think you really might be looking for is a hybrid of shaped/textured poly mains (Technifibre Black Code 18g is an example as is Luxilon ALU power), for great durability, and a power oriented non-poly cross (Head FXP Power 17g or Weiss Cannon Explosiv! for example) to give you some additional power. Of course, if you are willing to spend the money, VS natural gut provides you with excellent power, good spin and adequate durability in the mains and, if you hybrid, very good durability in the crosses.

A_Chong
05-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Thanks for all the help! :D