PDA

View Full Version : Finally found "my" strings.

Ambivalent
04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Ever since I got my stringer early this year, I've been messing around with setups trying to find the perfect one. Luxilon wasn't for me, and up til this point, my favorite setup has been a full k gut. However, k gut is extremely expensive and not durable enough for me.
Today, I did topspin cyber blue in the mains and pro supex synthetic gut titan in the crosses, both 17g at 56 pounds. Plays nice and soft. I think i've finally found my "grail".

David123
04-30-2010, 09:15 AM
haha congrats. I am still looking :( i hate looking as you try strings you don't like and i hate cutting them out so i end up playing badly wqhich i hate.

mctennis
05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
You say you like this better than a full gut string job? Why?

autumn_leaf
05-02-2010, 09:55 AM
You say you like this better than a full gut string job? Why?

Not sure if it matters, but it's not real gut, it's KGut from wilson. I played with it before and it just got mushy after a while like I feel multis do.

Racer41c
05-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Ever since I got my stringer early this year, I've been messing around with setups trying to find the perfect one. Luxilon wasn't for me, and up til this point, my favorite setup has been a full k gut. However, k gut is extremely expensive and not durable enough for me.
Today, I did topspin cyber blue in the mains and pro supex synthetic gut titan in the crosses, both 17g at 56 pounds. Plays nice and soft. I think i've finally found my "grail".

Cool! this is exactly WHY I bought a stringer. I've re-strung my racquets 5 times in the past 3 weeks. Each time trying something different to improve upon my "go to" setup. My current goal is to find the best Poly Mains with any crosses setup. Once I've accomplished that, I'll do the same with GUT combos to reach the ultimate goal, the perfect setup. Of couse I'm not delusional, it all starts over again next year!

pvaudio
05-05-2010, 12:16 AM
You say you like this better than a full gut string job? Why?K-Gut doesn't feel anything like gut. It's a synthetic.

pvaudio
05-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Today, I did topspin cyber blue in the mains and pro supex synthetic gut titan in the crosses, both 17g at 56 pounds. Plays nice and soft. I think i've finally found my "grail".I'm wanting to try cyber blue, care to liken it to anything? I've got a set or two of it in here from a couple string trades, but I've been sticking with my Spiky Shark, so I haven't really wanted to use anything else.

bad_call
05-05-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm wanting to try cyber blue, care to liken it to anything? I've got a set or two of it in here from a couple string trades, but I've been sticking with my Spiky Shark, so I haven't really wanted to use anything else.

recall another poster stating CB is similar to Kirschbaum PL2. having tried both, PL2 is more comfortable and shot consistent. PL2 much better string IMO.