PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Revenge or RPM Blast?

BagelMe
04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
First off I'd like to say that Babolat polys are SOOO overpriced. However, I do have a little extra cash laying around so I'm going to use Revenge on mains and some cheap multi on the cross (perhaps N.VY...idn...maybe you can recommend one) on a YT prestige mid, since I liked using it on my friend's racket.

I'm not really sure though if i should get this though since RPM blast is coming out soon.

What do you guys think?

ace high
04-30-2010, 08:38 AM
You should try out some cheaper brands, e.g. Weiss Cannon, Pro's Pro, MSV, they are all good polys.

duffman
04-30-2010, 08:40 AM
You should try out some cheaper brands, e.g. Weiss Cannon, Pro's Pro, MSV, they are all good polys.

Great suggestion. Why pay that much when there are better strings for almost half the price? Also try Genesis and Topspin

hondas2k
04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Revenge works quite well for me. i know it is pricey but it does a job though. at least for me

ace high
04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Only difference between the main brands and lower brands are that main ones hold tension a tiny bit longer, and have a bit more feel, but with polys it pretty much unnoticeable.

Vyse
04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
i think it is fun to use new strings and with the hype of RPM Blast, why not just pay a few dollars more to try em out. That's what I am going to do.

downs_chris
04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
revenge didn't do much for me...it didn't feel that special...

to rpm blast was pretty nice -- at least for the first 5 hours or so...then it goes downhill from there...but it's definitely more comfortable than a lot of the luxilon polys...

Vyse
04-30-2010, 04:15 PM
revenge didn't do much for me...it didn't feel that special...

to rpm blast was pretty nice -- at least for the first 5 hours or so...then it goes downhill from there...but it's definitely more comfortable than a lot of the luxilon polys...

Could you feel the "dwell" of the ball like what Tsonga and Roddick were saying even with their antifeel rackets?

Tennis_Crazed
04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
i think it is fun to use new strings and with the hype of RPM Blast, why not just pay a few dollars more to try em out. That's what I am going to do.

Same here. Just out of curiosity i'm going to string this up.