PDA

View Full Version : Question to the mods.

mandy01
05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
I just reported the posts I wanted to be deleted from a thread I had started ( not all of them were rude.But I felt they could lead to yet another flamewar or were just unnecessary.).Is that ok or do I have to specifically send an email?

diredesire
05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Short answer:

This is fine, reporting is preferred, since it's easy to locate the posts which were reported.

Slightly longer answer (not specific to you, but an FYI to all): just because you are the OP of a thread, doesn't mean you can dictate what happens in a thread. This is an open board for discussion, and you don't gain "ownership" of a thread just from starting it. I've been seeing a lot of (what seems to me to be) relatively harmless posts being reported just because the opinions therein don't agree with other posters. It's a message board, and if we all thought the same thing, there wouldn't really be very much to talk about!

DD

Serendipitous
05-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Short answer:

This is fine, reporting is preferred, since it's easy to locate the posts which were reported.

Slightly longer answer (not specific to you, but an FYI to all): just because you are the OP of a thread, doesn't mean you can dictate what happens in a thread. This is an open board for discussion, and you don't gain "ownership" of a thread just from starting it. I've been seeing a lot of (what seems to me to be) relatively harmless posts being reported just because the opinions therein don't agree with other posters. It's a message board, and if we all thought the same thing, there wouldn't really be very much to talk about!

DD

I agree! 8)8)8)

jimbo333
05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I agree! 8)8)

I completely disagree, and can this post please be removed LOL:)

(I do actually agree as well:))