PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about hybrids

Badger
05-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I read somewhere, most probably here, that a syn/multi in a hybrid with a poly is actually less durable than a full bed of syn gut or multi as the poly cuts into the other string. Is this true? Thanks...

Donny0627
05-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I read somewhere, most probably here, that a syn/multi in a hybrid with a poly is actually less durable than a full bed of syn gut or multi as the poly cuts into the other string. Is this true? Thanks...

If the poly id textured, twisted, or shaped(hexagon, square, or triangle only because octagons don't have sharp enough angles to cut)

Chezbeeno
05-02-2010, 04:26 PM
a hybrid is definitely less durable when you use a poly and something else, I used to use a full bed of Luxilon BB ALU PR and it would take me several weeks to break strings (at 3 hours a day 5 days a week) but when I started mixing the Lux with Synthetic Gut I would break strings 1-2 weeks, now I have Lux with NXT 16g so we'll see how long that lasts

pheonix6579
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
If the poly id textured, twisted, or shaped(hexagon, square, or triangle only because octagons don't have sharp enough angles to cut)

If you poly is textured, the movement will cause the textured poly to "saw" through the softer synthetic or multi.