PDA

View Full Version : Rpm Blast Question

Donny0627
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
The first day RPM Blast came out, that morning the price was listed as $10. I am assuming that at that point you could actually buy it. Then, later that day, it changed to $17 pre-order shipping on 5/6. Does that mean that when the string is in stock the price will go down to $10 again?

dhustla15
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I surely hope so. It's kind of hard to purchase a string that you know absolutely nothing about for almost 20 dollars plus shipping.

Fedace
05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
The first day RPM Blast came out, that morning the price was listed as $10. I am assuming that at that point you could actually buy it. Then, later that day, it changed to $17 pre-order shipping on 5/6. Does that mean that when the string is in stock the price will go down to $10 again?

LOL,,,,RPM blast is a PREMIUM string made by Babolat. Original $10 price was a Mistake. It is retailing around $17. and that is about right since this is supposedly the BEST poly string that Babolat has to offer. If you want something of Value, you have to be willing to pay for it. Just work some extra hours in the weekend at the local PaPa john's pizza.:)

Kenny022593
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
LOL,,,,RPM blast is a PREMIUM string made by Babolat. Original $10 price was a Mistake. It is retailing around $17. and that is about right since this is supposedly the BEST poly string that Babolat has to offer. If you want something of Value, you have to be willing to pay for it. Just work some extra hours in the weekend at the local PaPa john's pizza.:)

Hey Fedace give me a serious answer here. Why do you want to pay almost $20 for a string? I know that you seem really consumer based but couldn't you find a string that is better for cheaper? RPM Blast seems to be really hyped like revenge and adrenaline were.

Pwned
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Pffft. Genesis > Babolat.

Chezbeeno
05-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I've talked to people who have used sample packets of it and some of them like it, some of them prefer their regular strings, I actually had a sample pack but I sold it. Considering the fact that that Luxilon BB ALU Power (Rough) is cheaper, I think I might stick with it, it has good feel so unless RPM Blast is somehow magical and is made of like unicorn tail hairs I'm not going to bother with it.

Jonny S&V
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM

In the words of your username, Fedace has been PWNED!

genius24
05-03-2010, 09:42 PM

hahahahha...lol@working at papa johns to buy expensive strings

schenkelini
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Well it works for Fedace

scotus
05-03-2010, 10:22 PM

No, it won't go back down to $10 since it was a mistake.

A few months ago TW had Wilson Hollow Core Reels priced at something like $30 each. So I promptly placed an order for 5 reels.

Later I received an email explaining that it was an error and that they could not honor the price.

rj.laroza
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
hmm interested posts. when the adidas rackets got discontinued.. not to long ago i ordered 4 sticks @ 30 dollars each. a day later when i got it in the mail and play tested the rackets i loved it and wanted to order a couple more for the future... but they raised the prices...

JoelDali
05-04-2010, 01:59 PM
This string will change your life.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey Fedace give me a serious answer here. Why do you want to pay almost $20 for a string? I know that you seem really consumer based but couldn't you find a string that is better for cheaper? RPM Blast seems to be really hyped like revenge and adrenaline were.

if it plays superior to anything in the market, yes i will pay the money.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 04:27 PM

OK, if Genesis is so much better than Babolat then why is it that i never heard of Genesis ??

TennisKid1
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Hmm....my life is pretty good right now.....

OKUSA
05-04-2010, 04:32 PM
if you have 1 girl now, you will have 2 after buying this string

Fedace
05-04-2010, 04:34 PM
if you have 1 girl now, you will have 2 after buying this string

Realloy,,,does this string have Phermones or something ??

PROTENNIS63
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Fedace: You are ********.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Fedace: You are ********.

If i get 2 girls, i will give one to you as charity.....lol

Standupnfall
05-04-2010, 05:15 PM

I agree, just 8 hours and my arm almost fell off

Fedace
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM

they say this is the softest and easiest Poly ever made in history so what you talking about ????:confused:

Pwned
05-04-2010, 06:43 PM
OK, if Genesis is so much better than Babolat then why is it that i never heard of Genesis ??

Genesis doesn't have the money to pay people like Nadal, Roddick, and Tsonga to use their strings. And you might be illiterate if you haven't seen the threads about Genesis and their strings on here.

TennisandMusic
05-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Really? In what racquet? Tension? Your age? RPMB was really comfortable for me.

Ambivalent
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Tried it. Nothing special. If anything i like Blue Gear better.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Tried it. Nothing special. If anything i like Blue Gear better.

WHAT ????????? Blue gear sucks.....it feels like hitting the ball with Paper....:-?

Fedace
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Genesis doesn't have the money to pay people like Nadal, Roddick, and Tsonga to use their strings. And you might be illiterate if you haven't seen the threads about Genesis and their strings on here.

OK then what is BEST string that Genesis makes. ???:confused:

Pwned
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
OK then what is BEST string that Genesis makes. ???:confused:

Typhoon is their new premier string. There have been several threads on it. And a bunch of threads on SpinX and Black Magic as well.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Typhoon is their new premier string. There have been several threads on it. And a bunch of threads on SpinX and Black Magic as well.

Ok so if i like Pro hurr tour and Proline 2 then which one do you think i will like in Genesis line ??? WOW me. :)

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Aren't PHT and Proline 2 quite different from each other? Proline 2 is supposed to be soft isn't it? Black Magic I think is supposed to be softer than SpinX and Typhoon. SpinX and Typhoon both have great spin and ball pocketing if you're into that.

Standupnfall
05-04-2010, 07:03 PM
they say this is the softest and easiest Poly ever made in history so what you talking about ????:confused:

Have you tried it, or are you just making 20 posts defending something you don't actually know anything about? (again)

nCode747
I hope Fedace is being sarcastic.

Fedace
Aren't PHT and Proline 2 quite different from each other? Proline 2 is supposed to be soft isn't it? Black Magic I think is supposed to be softer than SpinX and Typhoon. SpinX and Typhoon both have great spin and ball pocketing if you're into that.

Yes i like Spin and More power from my string. soft isn't that much of a issue since i hybrid it with multi string X-1 biphase so most the harshness of Poly is taken out.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Have you tried it, or are you just making 20 posts defending something you don't actually know anything about? (again)

Haven't tried it yet. but even TW guys tell me this is one of the Softest poly in the market today.........

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I hope Fedace is being sarcastic.

NO NO,,,i actually want to try the Genesis string if it is that good...

Standupnfall
05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Really? In what racquet? Tension? Your age? RPMB was really comfortable for me.

Pro Kennex Ki5 at 52 or 54, cant remember at this moment Im a few glasses of wine in to the night and dont fee like looking it up. I wouldnt say its the worst poly, but it is another poly. I wouldnt rate it more arm friendly than black code, or black magic but in the same ballpark.
Im sure the stiffness rating is still well above 230

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes i like Spin and More power from my string. soft isn't that much of a issue since i hybrid it with multi string X-1 biphase so most the harshness of Poly is taken out.

Typhoon is fairly powerful and gives great spin. Ball pocketing is awesome. Give it a shot. Reels are a deal too.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Typhoon is fairly powerful and gives great spin. Ball pocketing is awesome. Give it a shot. Reels are a deal too.

If this company is so Good then why does TW not carry it ??? i tried to order from TW just now and it does NOT exist.............:-?

TennisandMusic
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
If this company is so Good then why does TW not carry it ??? i tried to order from TW just now and it does NOT exist.............:-?

FedAce I could hook you up with a set at Balboa sometime.

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM

No idea. TW doesn't carry quite a few items even from companies they have things from. Tennis depot carries them and ships quick.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
No idea. TW doesn't carry quite a few items even from companies they have things from. Tennis depot carries them and ships quick.

OK just for you i try this. If it sucks then oh well.......only worry i have is that i tried Blackcode cause someone from here recommended it and that string totally sucked. Hopefully this will be a better experience.....

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
FedAce I could hook you up with a set at Balboa sometime.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,i still have many stalkers that worships me and wants a piece of me here so i like to remain with the secret identity for now. You never know, ,,,,,maybe we already met and you just don't know it yet...........lol:):)

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
OK just for you i try this. If it sucks then oh well.......only worry i have is that i tried Blackcode cause someone from here recommended it and that string totally sucked. Hopefully this will be a better experience.....

:grin: I think you'll like them.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
:grin: I think you'll like them.

I also tried Bluegear cause someone from here recommended it and that String REALLY sucked..........:(

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I also tried Bluegear cause someone from here recommended it and that String REALLY sucked..........:(

This string has much more playability and feel than Bluegear. Bluegear has spin as its only defining characteristic. Typhoon has pocketing, spin, and a little bit of power.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:22 PM
This string has much more playability and feel than Bluegear. Bluegear has spin as its only defining characteristic. Typhoon has pocketing, spin, and a little bit of power.

Spin X is the only that comes in 17 G and Typhoon doesn't . I really like 17 G poly or Thinner. Is spin X just as good as Typhoon ???

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Spin X is the only that comes in 17 G and Typhoon doesn't . I really like 17 G poly or Thinner. Is spin X just as good as Typhoon ???
I like Typhoon a bit more but I still loved SpinX. I used the 17 in SpinX too. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I like Typhoon a bit more but I still loved SpinX. I used the 17 in SpinX too. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

why do you like the Typhoon better ?? and which one has more power and more spin ??

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
why do you like the Typhoon better ?? and which one has more power and more spin ??

Spin is a bit debatable, very close between the two. I'm still trying to iron out a tension and cross for Typhoon so its hard to directly compare. Typhoon definitely has a bit more power though. Both hold tension great, my Typhoon in both racquets doesn't feel any different after a few times out.

Fedace
05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Spin is a bit debatable, very close between the two. I'm still trying to iron out a tension and cross for Typhoon so its hard to directly compare. Typhoon definitely has a bit more power though. Both hold tension great, my Typhoon in both racquets doesn't feel any different after a few times out.

Maybe i will cross the Typhoon 16 G with 18 G X-1 biphase. and maybe that will make up the difference. more power and more spin. which is what i am aiming for. trying to get a Kick serve that will bounce over the fence like Robert Farah from USC can do.

Pwned
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Maybe i will cross the Typhoon 16 G with 18 G X-1 biphase. and maybe that will make up the difference. more power and more spin. which is what i am aiming for. trying to get a Kick serve that will bounce over the fence like Robert Farah from USC can do.

lol, Well good luck with that. I think you'll be quite happy with either string.

JoelDali
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM

BlackMagic blows in an 88.

Almost worse than Adrenaline.

Just my .02.

JoelDali
05-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Pro Kennex Ki5 at 52 or 54, cant remember at this moment Im a few glasses of wine in to the night and dont fee like looking it up. I wouldnt say its the worst poly, but it is another poly. I wouldnt rate it more arm friendly than black code, or black magic but in the same ballpark.
Im sure the stiffness rating is still well above 230

I love a drunk girl on wine talking tension and overgrips...too bad you're a guy though.

:(

Pwned
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
BlackMagic blows in an 88.

Almost worse than Adrenaline.

Just my .02.

Haven't tried BM. Just Spinx and Typhoon.