PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas Machine experience

5.0 TopDog
04-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone. My eagnas flex 840 is on the way and I would love to know your personal experience with the machine if any or similar product with Eagnas. :roll:

FaSteStSeRvE1613
04-15-2004, 11:49 AM
from what i remember, the 840 and 940 are the only ones that havent gotten bad reviews. every other eagnas product is hated on this site

bendover
04-15-2004, 01:38 PM
agreed.

drop shot
04-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Eagnas has a great customer service department!

Gaines Hillix
04-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Yea, if you live in stringing machine hell! :-)

passerofgasses
04-17-2004, 04:59 AM
I bought an Eagnas 740 flex and I think it's the perfect machine for what I bought it for, which was a starter. I keep thinking something on it is gonna go, like the tensioner bearing, because of the stories I hear. I notice one of the fixed clamps flexes just a touch more than the other. Besides that, it seems everything else works great. The 6 point mount works perfectly.

I bought a few tools from Eagnas and they were out of tension calibrators, so on my invoice it says "out of stock", but my credict card states the full amount charged. Wish me luck and call me hellboy, cause I gots me some work to do... They respond well to threats of claiming fraud, no?

Progressive10s
04-17-2004, 06:32 AM
I have heard enough Eagnas horror stories to last a lifetime and I don't need bad customer service. I will pay more money to get a quality machine and get the support from people who want to back up their product. If the USRSA won't endorse a machine, I want no part of it.

10usstring
04-17-2004, 10:50 AM
I've used a 940 Flex for the past 8 months and have concluded it's not a bad machine for the money. When you considder all the other costs associated with start up stringing, the $500.00 price tag of these machines isn't bad. I learned to string on the thing, and am now a MRT.

drop shot
04-18-2004, 12:00 AM
I have a friend who is a Mr. Fix It type. He has an older Sagnas stand up model. He has reworked, refurbished and remodeled almost every conceivable part on that machine so it now works great for him!

5.0 TopDog
04-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies...fortunately my flex 840 didn't come since they screwed up on my order. I waited like a week and found out my credit card was never charge and they never send it out.....thanks god...now I'm just waiting for my laserfibre MS200TT....

topspin
04-18-2004, 01:29 PM
good choice 5.0

Ben42
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Well done Topdog. I think everyone knows my stand on the thieves at Maxline/Eagnas.

You were lucky. Mine was backordered, but they charged my credit card the day I placed my order.

passerofgasses
04-21-2004, 02:23 AM
I bought a few tools from Eagnas and they were out of tension calibrators, so on my invoice it says "out of stock", but my credict card states the full amount charged. Wish me luck and call me hellboy, cause I gots me some work to do... They respond well to threats of claiming fraud, no?

I got my credit card statement today and lo and behold, a credit for my missing calibrator! In fact, it only took them 4 days to give me the credit, but I didn't know until I got my statement. Well done, Eagnas. You rule!

Ok, so they don't rule, but at least I personally can't call them thieves. My opinion is that without them, the market for stringing machines would be overrun by monopolists, growing fat and complacent with bundles of cash, living off the sweat and tears of frantic stringers trying to keep up with the loan payments on their machines... Ok, a bit extreme, but you get the idea. They serve a niche, and if you're too elitist to accept their role, you're not in that niche.

brtennis
04-21-2004, 06:45 AM
There is a mail-order store in NY city called Uncle Sam's that specializes everything related to home theater. They sell name-brand speakers and receivers at up to 30% discound, while our local stores would not even bulge at 10%. When you call, the sale person would hang up on you if you ask too many questions.

I agree that Eagnas has its niche in the market place. They contribute to the tennis community in their own way/style.

Ben42
04-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Ok. I'd like a product that actually functions, and if it doesn't then I'd like the company that sold it to me to honor their warranty.

If they don't I have a problem.

Guess I'm an "elitist"

Gaines Hillix
04-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Hard to believe anyone is supporting an outfit like Eagnas. If you want to aquiess to the lowest common denominator, price, you'll find all of the products we buy made in China, India, etc., and you won't have any money to buy the goods because your job will be outsourced too! Think about it.

passerofgasses
04-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Ok. I'd like a product that actually functions, and if it doesn't then I'd like the company that sold it to me to honor their warranty.

Is it a secret they sell borderline crap? I don't think so. So you buy 3 items that cost the same as 2 items of another brand. One doesn't work. You've come out even. If 3 work, you come out ahead. If one works, you lose. It's called risk, it's called life, it's called capitalism.

We live in countries filled with industries that embrace terms such as "engineered to fail". If you knock Eagnas, feel free, but don't forget to do McDonalds and Microsoft and Merril Lynch, etc.

About what you said about warranty: http://www.eagnas.com/order.html "We reserve the right to inspect for misuse and to determine whether repair, replacement or adjustment is necessary." What warranty?

About calling anyone elitist to the Eagnas level of function, I didn't mean it in a bad way. What's a better word? Demanding? Expectant? Perfectionistic? I sincerely don't know which one is or isn't offensive, because there's good and bad points in everything.

passerofgasses
04-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Hard to believe anyone is supporting an outfit like Eagnas. If you want to aquiess to the lowest common denominator, price, you'll find all of the products we buy made in China, India, etc., and you won't have any money to buy the goods because your job will be outsourced too! Think about it.

Like it's unavoidable?

Ok, call me a cynic. I don't mind. I just see stringers as mostly very good machines and eagnas doing it just a lot cheaper and just a bit crappier (I'll never make spokesman at this rate...). Sure, a company like Harley Davidson almost went under years ago, but there was just enough demand to keep it going. The market (as well as a few determined individuals) determined it. There are countless other examples of top quality companies fighting for survival amid a sea of inadequacy. The best as the small niche is common. Here it seems the worst is the small niche.

The point I'm trying to make is if ALL machines started at a minimum of $400US, which is sorta what I figure a few of you would like to see, it would effectively cut off huge portions of the public to even think about venturing into the realm of self-stringing. I know it would have for me.

So I offer this motto to the marketing gods tonight,
Surely my next machine won't be Eagnas.
I hope they last through the bitter competitive fight,
but rip me off and they can kiss my ***.

EAGNAS: We do crap good, mostly.

bsandy
04-30-2004, 10:36 AM
I like the Harley Davidson comparison . . .

"Leaking Oil ? I don't see no oil. Leave it here and I'll see if one of our boys can look at it."

"Our service department is pretty booked up. How 'bout three weeks from next Tuesday?"

You get what you pay for, or do you ?

. . . Bud

katarddx
05-04-2004, 07:07 PM
READ THIS
i have sent an e-mail to Eagnas, asking about a lot of complaints about customer support and quality of their machines, which i find on tennis forums like this one...And here is their response:

Dear Sir:
It looks like that you are the complaint center. Please provide us your
mailing address. We have at least 5 complaints need to be filed. We would
like to file the formal complaints to your complaint center.

Sincerely,

Victor
Maxline
So you go ahead and but it from Eagnas!

bsandy
05-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Actually . . . a pretty witty comeback . . . Bud

cdoug
07-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I bought a MAXLINE/EAGNAS electronic stringer in 2004. It worked fine and I got about 15 string jobs done on it. I got away from tennis for awhile and just recently tried to power the stringer on. It was dead. Called up MAXLINE in CA and had they said I had to send it back to them for repair. The Chinese accent was so thick I could hardly understand. I also got the impression that they were doing me a favor for just talking to me on the phone. With all the criticism of MAXLIN/EAGNAS and the bad feeling I am getting I think I will research this problem on my own. It could be just a bad power supply or switch. I either fix it myself or I am stuck with an $800very heavy paper weight.

I wouldn't ever do business with MAXLINE again until the EAGNAS company in Taiwan wake up and get a better distributor in the USA.

DADYO
07-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I bought a MAXLINE/EAGNAS electronic stringer in 2004. It worked fine and I got about 15 string jobs done on it. I got away from tennis for awhile and just recently tried to power the stringer on. It was dead. Called up MAXLINE in CA and had they said I had to send it back to them for repair. The Chinese accent was so thick I could hardly understand. I also got the impression that they were doing me a favor for just talking to me on the phone. With all the criticism of MAXLIN/EAGNAS and the bad feeling I am getting I think I will research this problem on my own. It could be just a bad power supply or switch. I either fix it myself or I am stuck with an $800very heavy paper weight.

I wouldn't ever do business with MAXLINE again until the EAGNAS company in Taiwan wake up and get a better distributor in the USA.

Eagnas company is in mainland China, not Taiwan.

cdoug
07-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the correction.

Ben42
07-20-2006, 08:21 AM
http://www.eagnas.com/lilylee/company.html

Eagnas machines are made by Lily-Lee. In Taiwan.

STRman
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
I have the Eagnas Flex840 and couldn't be happier with it. It makes stringing a breeze and hasn't let me down yet. By the time I had strung this many racquets with my Toy Klippermate, I'd gone through 4 clamps plus downtime. Not to mention all the strings I'd ruined with that idiotic jaw design.