PDA

View Full Version : Any Feedback on the "NEW" Max Touch?

Pages : 1 [2]

mikeler
08-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Not at all. Like I said, stringing was the same for this set, and an older set I strung up. Maxim touch has always been a very soft string, so has it's problems when going thru shared and/or blocked grommets.

It just seemed like I could not get a nice sharp tip and keep it for long with the set I had last night. Could have been the beers...

drakulie
08-18-2010, 05:43 AM
^^^LOL. Yeah, I understand what you mean. Even when creating the sharp tip, the string at times seems to much up/collapse, and doesn't want to get thru the grommet.

Patience, patience, patience, :)

JackB1
08-18-2010, 05:51 AM
^^^LOL. Yeah, I understand what you mean. Even when creating the sharp tip, the string at times seems to much up/collapse, and doesn't want to get thru the grommet.

Patience, patience, patience, :)

a little chapstick on the string tip helps it slide thru better, but it IS a pain on blocked holes.

The Dampener
08-18-2010, 04:14 PM
That was the problem I had with stringing the new stuff (not the old stuff). If fact, Drak had to come to my rescue because the string was collapsing when I tried to feed it through covered holes.

I still use your tip on other strings, by the way, so thanks again.

mikeler
08-19-2010, 04:32 AM
Played with the Classic 17g last night. I alternated my two rackets with the Old 17g stuff and the Classic in the warmup and every changeover in the first set. If one of my rackets did not have some leather bleed through on the overgrip, I would have had no idea which string was which.

Bottom line: This is the same string.

drakulie
08-19-2010, 05:42 AM
The Dampener, you're welcome. Glad the tip helped you out.

mikeler, thanks for the update. Were you relieved when hitting?? I know I was. I have a bunch of customers who use this string, and I am nearly out. I think I'm down to my last two sets on the reel, and today, received two more racquets to string up.

mikeler
08-19-2010, 05:47 AM
The Dampener, you're welcome. Glad the tip helped you out.

mikeler, thanks for the update. Were you relieved when hitting?? I know I was. I have a bunch of customers who use this string, and I am nearly out. I think I'm down to my last two sets on the reel, and today, received two more racquets to string up.

I was in a battle with a top 4.5 in the state so I was just focused on holding serve the whole time! Now that you bring it up, I am relieved. I worked hard over the summer to grab as much MT 17 as I could so I still probably have enough left for 6 or 7 string jobs. Once I get down to 1 or 2 string jobs left I'll buy a reel of the 17g.

I should have mentioned that I stayed with my tension of 59 pounds for the Classic so it was an apples to apples comparison.

The Dampener
08-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Bottom line: This is the same string.

At long last. Thanks for objective, diligent work keeping us all informed, Mike.

Is the 17 available in reels? If so, I'll have to hunt around for someone who doesn't realize I'm a blackballed buyer.

mikeler
08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
At long last. Thanks for objective, diligent work keeping us all informed, Mike.

Is the 17 available in reels? If so, I'll have to hunt around for someone who doesn't realize I'm a blackballed buyer.

The 17 will be available in reels. I think the distributor is waiting for all the playtest results. Something tells me they won't refuse your money if you try to buy.

mikeler
08-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Credits to Kcraig for this one but the distributor is now selling the 17g on their website. They probably did not trust Drakulie and were wating for my review :)