PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Question When using packs

JackB1
05-04-2010, 12:01 PM
If your mains require 21', how do you use a package of strings more than once, if u are hybriding? Most strings come in a 40' package, so after you do the mains once, you only have 19' left. Do u think you could get by with 20'?

Standupnfall
05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
What racquet?
I keep very detailed charts on this so I will know for the future, some need 21 that say 21 and some can get by with less

rj.laroza
05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
it really depends on the racket and the string your using.

some times klipperusa.com gives u more length needed and sometimes they are dead on...

when it comes to the strings.. if you are using a multi or a very elastic mono you may be able to get away with cutting it 20/20.

when im stringing gamma live wire or NXT i end up with almost over a foot of string on each side when finishing the mains.

good luck

JackB1
05-04-2010, 12:40 PM
What racquet?
I keep very detailed charts on this so I will know for the future, some need 21 that say 21 and some can get by with less

Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 Tour

JackB1
05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
it really depends on the racket and the string your using.

some times klipperusa.com gives u more length needed and sometimes they are dead on...

when it comes to the strings.. if you are using a multi or a very elastic mono you may be able to get away with cutting it 20/20.

when im stringing gamma live wire or NXT i end up with almost over a foot of string on each side when finishing the mains.

good luck

most times I am using a multi on the mains, so that is good to hear.

Consigliere73
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Isn't 19' enough for 18 cross strings?

David123
05-04-2010, 01:15 PM
He's asking if he has two packs of strings. One poly one syn gut for example. If he only wants the poly on the mains, that makes it be 42 feet. There comes the problem.

JackB1
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
He's asking if he has two packs of strings. One poly one syn gut for example. If he only wants the poly on the mains, that makes it be 42 feet. There comes the problem.

you got it.

Consigliere73
05-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Ah I see.

Why don't you get a normal piece of (non tennis) string, and string up the racquet using that, just to gauge the required length?

At least that way you won't waste a packet or two.

JT_2eighty
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
If it's multi, syn, or gut... most likely it will stretch enough during stringing so that 20' will work. If it's poly or kevlar, then that will be tricky, and I leave you to the above advice.

My stick calls for 21' mains, and I've use 18' multis before no problem, but always follow the book when it comes to the stiffer/less-elastic strings.

Standupnfall
05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Ah I see.

Why don't you get a normal piece of (non tennis) string, and string up the racquet using that, just to gauge the required length?

At least that way you won't waste a packet or two.

Great Idea if you have the time

Ambivalent
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I string Flexpoint Prestige MPs for myself and I can tell you that a standard 20foot string will NOT let you finish the mains. Not without a starting clamp to bridge to a piece of junk string to finish the final tension on both sides of mains. So if you don't have a starting clamp either use a floating clamp (unlikely because you need both floating clamps while doing the mains) or tie the string to a scrap piece.