PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NCAA D1 Tennis Champs team draws posted

Pages : [1] 2

Kick_It
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Just saw this and thought people here would be interested.

Men's Team Draw:
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/NCAA+Championships/2010+NCAA+Championships/2010_M_Team_Bracket.pdf

Women's Team Draw:
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/NCAA+Championships/2010+NCAA+Championships/2010_W_Team_Bracket.pdf

Most interesting (potential) matchup I saw in the men's draw -- if it plays out according to seeds -- is the quarterfinal between 4) Ohio State and 5) USC. I like SC in that one - but I'm a west coast/PAC-10 guy ;-)

K_I

Fedace
05-04-2010, 04:54 PM
If USC makes it out of that section, Stanford will be waiting for them. REVENGE for the loss from last year.....

Fedace
05-04-2010, 05:09 PM
On more serious note, I think Stanford will meet Virginia in the quarter finals. It was a blessing in disguise that Stanford was seeded #8 and not #7. IF seeded #7 then they had to have player Tennessee in the quarters which is not a good match-up for stanford. and we get to host the 1st and 2nd round at home which is another Plus.

Ambivalent
05-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I think Stanford will lose to UCLA :P Close match last time around and UCLA will be hungry...

Fedace
05-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I think Stanford will lose to UCLA :P Close match last time around and UCLA will be hungry...

LOL,,, Stanford matches up great with UCLA, it will be a blowout. and who is the Pac-10 champion ??? Also i see Stanford beating Virginia as well. Once again the match-up favors Stanford..

Ambivalent
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
LOL,,, Stanford matches up great with UCLA, it will be a blowout. and who is the Pac-10 champion ??? Also i see Stanford beating Virginia as well. Once again the match-up favors Stanford..

What a surprise that you would predict this. Did they teach you to use commas in triplicate at Stanford too?

Fedace
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
What a surprise that you would predict this. Did they teach you to use commas in triplicate at Stanford too?

NO you did !!!,,, more triplicate,,,don't you love them. anyway, UCLA has no chance,,,,i am 100 % sure about this. I know the guys at UCLA and the guys at Stanford and Match-up favors Stanford big time. Last time Stanford played UCLA, they were playing poorly and they still won.....so what do you expect ???????

Kick_It
05-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Any other teams besides Stanford ?!? ;-)

mutantducky
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Stanford only beats itself...but with dignity.

andfor
05-05-2010, 11:37 AM
NO you did !!!,,, more triplicate,,,don't you love them. anyway, UCLA has no chance,,,,i am 100 % sure about this. I know the guys at UCLA and the guys at Stanford and Match-up favors Stanford big time. Last time Stanford played UCLA, they were playing poorly and they still won.....so what do you expect ???????

Does Vegas take bets on the NCAA Tennis tournament? With Feddie's fearless prediction they are a sure fire loss in the round of 16.

atatu
05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Quarters: UVA, Stanford, OSU, USC, Georgia, Texas, Texas A&M, Tenn.

I'm going to go with Georgia over Florida just based on coaching and A&M over Baylor because they have beaten them twice this year already....

downs_chris
05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Go UVA!

10 char...

woodrow1029
05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Probably not,,, but I bet they teached that at StanDford.

TourTenor
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
UCLA has no chance,,,,i am 100 % sure about this. I know the guys at UCLA and the guys at Stanford and Match-up favors Stanford big time. Last time Stanford played UCLA, they were playing poorly and they still won.....so what do you expect ???????
And, we all know that Feddie has never been wrong ... Muahhaaahhaahaa.

Kick_It
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I'll go out on a limb with my prediction:

Men's final will be USC vs winner of Tennessee vs Texas

IMO too tight to call beyond that.

I suppose you could say that is spineless of me. If you already knew who was going to win then what's the point of playing?

pricey_aus
05-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Quarters: UVA, Stanford, OSU, USC, Georgia, Texas, Texas A&M, Tenn.

I'm going to go with Georgia over Florida just based on coaching and A&M over Baylor because they have beaten them twice this year already....

this list is very good.

Fedace
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I'll go out on a limb with my prediction:

Men's final will be USC vs winner of Tennessee vs Texas

IMO too tight to call beyond that.

I suppose you could say that is spineless of me. If you already knew who was going to win then what's the point of playing?

Final will be Stanford vs Tennessee. and Stanford pulls it out in the last match.

Esti
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
all i gotta say is..boomer sooner

ClarkC
05-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Final will be Stanford vs Tennessee. and Stanford pulls it out in the last match.

By the way, Alex Clayton did not qualify for the individual men's draw, which might make it hard for him to fulfill your prediction by winning it.

andfor
05-06-2010, 07:23 AM

Please let this be. UT Vols 4, Standford Cardinals 0. UT's easiest match of the tournament.

andfor
05-06-2010, 07:24 AM
By the way, Alex Clayton did not qualify for the individual men's draw, which might make it hard for him to fulfill your prediction by winning it.

Is Alex Clayton the next Matt Bruch?

Jakes On A Plane
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Alex Clayton was dropped to #3 on the lineup card Whitlinger submitted to the NCAA's. That is such crap.

mtommer
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm just hoping Western Mich makes it to round 3. It'll be tough though.

db379
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for posting the draws Kick-it!

This is going to be exciting, and I have to support my team Stanford to get to the semis. Quarters should be no problem, but then Virginia is the big favorite. If Stanford can pull this, they will become the favorite to win it!

BTW, Fedace, do you know what's the deal with the videos on the courts at the Stanford feed. It looks like I cannot connect anymore... Anyone has the same problem?

woodrow1029
05-06-2010, 12:51 PM
I wonder if Destiny will be making an appearance at Standford next weekend?!?!

Fedace
05-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for posting the draws Kick-it!

This is going to be exciting, and I have to support my team Stanford to get to the semis. Quarters should be no problem, but then Virginia is the big favorite. If Stanford can pull this, they will become the favorite to win it!

BTW, Fedace, do you know what's the deal with the videos on the courts at the Stanford feed. It looks like I cannot connect anymore... Anyone has the same problem?

Videos are being worked on as we speak. and It will be UP and Working by next weekend for the 1st and 2nd round of playoffs. and you can watch Stanford KICK some major butt LIVE.:)

Fedace
05-06-2010, 01:05 PM

YOu better make the appearance and make some calls in favor of Stanford to make up for that TERRIBLE call against Stanford in the Quarters last year.:???:

Fedace
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Alex Clayton was dropped to #3 on the lineup card Whitlinger submitted to the NCAA's. That is such crap.

Alex is 2nd alternate in the Singles selections. Alex should fully prepare himself to play in the individual tournament. with all the injuries that happen in NCAA tournament, alternates often gets in and Play.

ga tennis
05-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Tenn Or Virginia

Fedace
05-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Tenn Or Virginia

That's what they thought last year but look what happened. this NCAA is very unpredictable cause scheduling is so grueling. by the time teams get to Semis, they have multiple players that are injured or dead tired...

ga tennis
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Watch out for TEXAS.

IceNineTX
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Go OWLS!
(ten char)

Kick_It
05-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Any interesting 1st round match-ups this weekend?

I'll be interested in the Arizona (30) vs Minnesota (35) match-up in Austin. Both teams have identical records and Minn won a pre-season match against UA . Winner of that one most likely faces a daunting match-up vs Texas (3) in Austin in 2nd round.

Washington (25) faces Rice (33) in Waco (?Baylor), and winner likely faces Baylor (7).

Looks like most of the other PAC-10 teams have a fairly easy 1st round.

I think at least 3 if not 4 of the 6 PAC-10 teams will make the round of 16. Other thoughts?

K_I

Joeyg
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Only if she can get the time off. Weekends are usually pretty busy at the Pink Poodle.

md_tennis_guy
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
i see my boy Nguyen and his Trojans making it to the final

robow7
05-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Damn, Illinois will have #4 Ohio State again in the round of 16. This will be the third time this year that they have to go against them. Isn't there some adage about how difficult it is to beat a team 3 times in a season. :(

Jakes On A Plane
05-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Videos are being worked on as we speak. and It will be UP and Working by next weekend for the 1st and 2nd round of playoffs. and you can watch Stanford KICK some major butt LIVE.:)

False. The video and scoreboard are not working. This the only regional where I can not view the live stats. I can take an educated guess as to who will win the first round match between Stanford and Quinnipiac, but I would still like to see some scoring updates.

IceNineTX
05-15-2010, 02:08 PM
http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y360/iceninetx/Screenshot2010-05-15at50834PM.png

Woo Hoo! Go Owls!!

dlesser13
05-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Ran into the Minnesota team today at a local Austin ice cream joint after there loss to UT.

Kick_It
05-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Rough tourney for Arizona & Washington. UW was up 3-1 and Rice fought hard to win the last 3 matches; wish I could have watched it. AZ did what they did in initial match vs Minn which i'm sure dissapoints folks out west but is predictable.

K_I

Austinthecity
05-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I may be a little biased but pre-semi match will be Georgia/Florida. The rivalry is huge plus I think the fact that it's being hosted in Athens will make it a fun match to watch.

Fedace
05-15-2010, 05:56 PM
False. The video and scoreboard are not working. This the only regional where I can not view the live stats. I can take an educated guess as to who will win the first round match between Stanford and Quinnipiac, but I would still like to see some scoring updates.

Why Why do you think in such simple minded terms.....??

http://www.gostanford.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html

NOT only we have VIDEO,,you can HEAR the sound of Stanford Annilating Pepperdine tomorrow.....Tune in. It was AWSOME today, NO freezes like before.....and sound like BOSE. :):)

Joeyg
05-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Why Why do you think in such simple minded terms.....??

NOT only we have VIDEO,,you can HEAR the sound of Stanford Annilating Pepperdine tomorrow.....Tune in. It was AWSOME today, NO freezes like before.....and sound like BOSE. :):)

And English spoken/written like Borat!

Esti
05-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Lets go Oklahoma! :D

Fedace
05-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Stanford on his way to Destroy Pepperdine today and start the Journey into the Destiny of NCAA championships. No-one can stop us NOW.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-tennis/stan-m-tennis-body.html

Shadow Mix
05-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I liked the match Thatcher and Klanh vs Beidas and Llompart, they showed good teamwork, actually I thought they would win, Lin and Kandath team was a one sided match, I didnt liked Alexīs match tho, If It werent for the aces they would surely lost...

Shadow Mix
05-16-2010, 12:03 PM
*they would surely lose, my bad :P

bluetrain4
05-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I can't believe Illinois lost at home to Wisconsin. Wasn't expecting that at all, but kudos to the Badgers, who have improved tremendously in just a couple of years.

I didn't like how that section of the draw was like a mini-Big 10 championships with Michigan, Ohio St. (who plays Wisconsin next), Michigan, and Illinois all present. It would be nice for these teams to see someone else. But, I guess that could be said for the teams from other conferences as well.

Fedace
05-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I can't believe Illinois lost at home to Wisconsin. Wasn't expecting that at all, but kudos to the Badgers, who have improved tremendously in just a couple of years.

I didn't like how that section of the draw was like a mini-Big 10 championships with Michigan, Ohio St. (who plays Wisconsin next), Michigan, and Illinois all present. It would be nice for these teams to see someone else. But, I guess that could be said for the teams from other conferences as well.

Looks like Georgia vs Florida state is coming down to the Last match at #1 singles. in 3rd set and they look like they are spilling blood out there....

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=180466

http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/ncaa_tennis_live/Scoreboard.html

woodrow1029
05-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Stanford on his way to Destroy Pepperdine today and start the Journey into the Destiny of NCAA championships. No-one can stop us NOW.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-tennis/stan-m-tennis-body.html
Written as only Fedace could write it.

johnkidd
05-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Wisconsin over Illinois to get the the Sweet 16....so much for another Illini/OSU match up. The Buckeyes have got to be a big favorite there.

Any chance of Duke knocking off UVA?

Fedace
05-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Wisconsin over Illinois to get the the Sweet 16....so much for another Illini/OSU match up. The Buckeyes have got to be a big favorite there.

Hopefully, duke can knock off UVA and give Stanford the clear path into the semis and beyond....

stanfordtennis alum
05-16-2010, 04:26 PM

The wisconsin wasnt that big of upset as they lost 4-3 in the regular season and played this match indoors.. they are a solid team all whom are great indoor players.. on the other hand, I was not impressed with illinois bottom lineup

johnkidd
05-16-2010, 05:03 PM
The wisconsin wasnt that big of upset as they lost 4-3 in the regular season and played this match indoors.. they are a solid team all whom are great indoor players.. on the other hand, I was not impressed with illinois bottom lineup

You just don't normally think of Wisconsin as an elite tennis program. When I was in HS it was Michigan and Minnesota, then every now and then someone else. Anyone who was not familiar with the Ohio State program in the 80's has no idea the job Tucker has done there. They had Roger Smith and a few guys here and there but not much else. Same goes for the Illinois program.

stanfordtennis alum
05-16-2010, 05:14 PM
You just don't normally think of Wisconsin as an elite tennis program. When I was in HS it was Michigan and Minnesota, then every now and then someone else. Anyone who was not familiar with the Ohio State program in the 80's has no idea the job Tucker has done there. They had Roger Smith and a few guys here and there but not much else. Same goes for the Illinois program.

Yes, you are correct.. Wisconsin only got good the last couple of years.. about 5 years ago, they weren't great my any means for a Big Ten school... a couple of good recruits can change that pretty quickly

Jakes On A Plane
05-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Hopefully, duke can knock off UVA and give Stanford the clear path into the semis and beyond....

Stanford would have major problems with UVa or Duke.

cll30
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
updated men's bracket: http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DI_tennis_men.html

cll30
05-16-2010, 08:07 PM
updated women's bracket: http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DI_tennis_women.html

Joeyg
05-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Written as only Fedace could write it.

The Yogi Berra of Tennis Warehouse. Sometimes, I feel like the duck in the AFLAC commercials.

jaggy
05-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Id say Wisconsin could really push an osu in a few match ups, if things go the right way for them they could sneak it.

Fedace
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Stanford Men’s tennis dominates NCAA regional at home-- Talk about headlines.

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2010/05/17/mens-tennis-dominates-ncaa-regional-at-home/

Jakes On A Plane
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Stanford Menís tennis dominates NCAA regional at home-- Talk about headlines.

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2010/05/17/mens-tennis-dominates-ncaa-regional-at-home/

It's nice to see at least one other source has confidence in Stanford. Not to mention, they aren't biased at all...........................................righ t?

Joeyg
05-20-2010, 05:14 AM
Stanford Menís tennis dominates NCAA regional at home-- Talk about headlines.

This article might have been written by Fedace it is so biased. Wait. It is punctuated properly and everything is spelled correctly. My bad!

jaggy
05-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Any live feeds on women today?

jaggy
05-20-2010, 05:46 AM

Just re-read that, I did of course mean cannibalism.

Joeyg
05-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Perhaps a live feed of "Destiny"?

TourTenor
05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Oh yes, big wins over Quinnipiac:shock: and Pepperdine:eek: ... how could they not win the NCAA's?? :rolleyes:

Jakes On A Plane
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM

Here you go.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/c-tennis/champpage/inc/div1/c-tennis-div1-livestreams.html

jaggy
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks, Miami over Northwestern is a slight upset.

Joeyg
05-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh yes, big wins over Quinnipiac:shock: and Pepperdine:eek: ... how could they not win the NCAA's?? :rolleyes:

They are a team of DESTINY'S! Oh, fowl non-believer!!!

Fedace
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I am getting so nervous. Lets go take this one tomorrow and move on. UCLA will be tough but we can beat these guys.

stanfordtennis alum
05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I am getting so nervous. Lets go take this one tomorrow and move on. UCLA will be tough but we can beat these guys.

fedace.. i think your more nervous than the stanford guys are, i dont think the TW boards will exist if you god for a bit got a heart attack..

Fedace
05-20-2010, 07:59 PM
fedace.. i think your more nervous than the stanford guys are, i dont think the TW boards will exist if you god for a bit got a heart attack..

I agree. I think the guys are pretty confident that they can take UCLA. but can't take them for granted.

ClarkC
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM

god for a bit?

After a long while, I realized that you were trying to say God forbid.

What is it about the Stanford alumni on this board? :)

raging
05-20-2010, 10:07 PM
god for a bit?

After a long while, I realized that you were trying to say God forbid.

What is it about the Stanford alumni on this board? :)

lol! Some things never change. There used to be the term "godding it up a bit" (reference is Gordon Forbes "A Handful of Summers").
This was a referral to the top players on the tennis circuit pretending to be a bit special....it was a way of giving some guys a reality check.

I guess Stanford breeds this mentality??
College tennis is NOT the real world.
There are some good, sometimes exceptional players coming through but they keep it real...they know how tough the futures/challenger circuit is.
They have a long way to go before they can start "godding it up a bit" :)
Have fun. Try not to take it seriously.

jaggy
05-21-2010, 04:43 AM
On the women's side a SE school will make the final as it's between Miami, Florida, Duke and N Carolina on one side. Big ten is a big let down with Northwestern and Michigan going out to lower seeds.

jaggy
05-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Ohio State-Wisconsion at 9am eastern is my pick for a real close one today.

jaggy
05-21-2010, 05:02 AM
On my feed it looks like its very heavy rain, do they go indoors?

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 05:09 AM

I think they insist on outdoors for the NCAA Final 16. There will be a big delay.

I also think that Georgia only has 4 indoor courts.

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Well, I was wrong about that.

Ohio State and Wisconsin are playing doubles right now at the indoor courts.

LiveStats (http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/mtennis_live/xlive.htm)

Fedace
05-21-2010, 05:28 AM

yes looks like rain to me. Henry fields cam is Crystal clear but Mcworther courts are as blurry as it can be. they need to adjust that cam.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=40770&SPID=3599&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=204948554

Fedace
05-21-2010, 05:36 AM
YES,,, Stanford women moved on yesterday and will face Baylor #1 seed tomorrow in the quarterfinals. GO Stanford.

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 05:46 AM
According to the UVa tennis blog from Athens (http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=204948069), USC and Kentucky are playing right now on indoor courts at a tennis club in Norcross, GA.

I don't think there will be LiveStats from the remote location.

I wonder if USC or Kentucky has a blogger on site.

jaggy
05-21-2010, 05:50 AM
The doubles point is massive for WI, if they lose it I think they have no chance

jaggy
05-21-2010, 06:23 AM
An ohio state takes the doubles.

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Georgia is using the women's tennis LiveStats page (http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/wtennis_live/xlive.htm) for the club where USC and Kentucky are playing. Due to travel, their 9:00 match is not expected to start until 10:30.

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 06:28 AM
By the way, UVa-Duke is scheduled for Athens after the Ohio State-Wisconsin match finishes. UCLA-Stanford is scheduled for the Norcross club after the USC-Kentucky match, assuming it keeps raining. That means UCLA-Stanford will be starting quite a bit later than noon.

jaggy
05-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Only 4 courts on in the WI-osu match

jaggy
05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Ends up 4-0 to an osu.

Fedace
05-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Ends up 4-0 to an osu.

who are the guys on court #1 in henry field stadium ??

http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=40770&SPID=3599&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=204948554

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
who are the guys on court #1 in henry field stadium ??

Looks like UVa-Duke doubles warming up.

Fedace
05-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Looks like UVa-Duke doubles warming up.

should be a good match. Virginia can't play very well outdoors....

Fedace
05-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Just got word will play UCLA at 1pm outside at McWhorter Courts
about 1 hour ago via web

GO Stanford. Destroy these guys and lets advance to the quarters...

Kick_It
05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
USC 4-0 over Kentucky.

Jakes On A Plane
05-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Good call. UVa wins 4-0. They took the doubles point. Jenkins, Courtney, and Barrick took singles matches.

Jakes On A Plane
05-21-2010, 11:53 AM
UCLA is doin' work on Stanford. #3 Brooklyn, #4 Inbar, #5 Seguso have all taken first sets.

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 04:27 PM

What do you think now? Seems like Clayton is not playing as well as Thacher for quite a while. It was not exactly a lineup stack, was it?

ClarkC
05-21-2010, 04:30 PM

Bet the house on Virginia. "The Doctor" says they don't play well outdoors.

I think he would have taken the christians over the lions.

UVa dominates doubles, wins all 6 first sets in singles, defeats Duke 4-0. Not bad for a team that cannot play very well outdoors.

I look forward to more of these predictions.

Jakes On A Plane
05-21-2010, 05:05 PM
What do you think now? Seems like Clayton is not playing as well as Thacher for quite a while. It was not exactly a lineup stack, was it?

All I wanted was for Clayton to lose. I thought that would only happen at #1 or #2 singles. Many thanks to Matt Brooklyn for making it even better.

johnkidd
05-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Man Destiny was a beyotch today for Standford.

Fedace
05-21-2010, 08:54 PM
OK, now it is time for Bradley Klahn to shine. Brad will dominate in singles and doubles in coming week and bring home the title anyway.............

Fedace
05-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Go Stanford Women's team. Make us proud by defeating the #1 seed tomorrow.

bluetrain4
05-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Wow! Oklahoma men upset Texas after losing the doubles point. Very impressive.

Tennis_Crazed
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Wow! Oklahoma men upset Texas after losing the doubles point. Very impressive.

Double WOW! didn't realize Oklahoma was that solid... Texas is always a threat to take the whole tourney. didn't see that one coming.

ClarkC
05-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Double WOW! didn't realize Oklahoma was that solid... Texas is always a threat to take the whole tourney. didn't see that one coming.

No one saw it coming. Texas beat Oklahoma 6-1 in the regular season. At 3/4/6 Texas won in straight sets, and then lost all three of those spots last night in the rematch, even losing 3/4 in straight sets. What a turnaround.

Fedace
05-22-2010, 03:29 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa......Stanford Women's team takes the Doubles point over Baylor the #1 seed. Now we are Primed for UPSET.........................go stanford.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?SPSID=40770&SPID=3599&DB_OEM_ID=8800&code=ncaa&media=180713

andfor
05-23-2010, 04:17 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa......Stanford Women's team takes the Doubles point over Baylor the #1 seed. Now we are Primed for UPSET.........................go stanford.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?SPSID=40770&SPID=3599&DB_OEM_ID=8800&code=ncaa&media=180713

At least you have one good team at Standford to cheer. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Any more predictions Fed-Creskin?

Kick_It
05-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Men's USC vs Ohio State going on now. Doubles is tight - 6-6 @ #1 (#2 v #9) to decide it.

#1 singles is going to be a great match-up #9 v #8. Apparently it's hot in Athens today and the rain is gone.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/mtennis_live/xlive.htm

Been waiting for this matchup all tourney. Wish I was there to see it.

K_I

Kick_It
05-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Farah & Johnson (#2) take #1 doubles vs Buchanan & Marcan (#9) 8 games to 6. USC takes the doubles point for an early 1-0 lead going into singles.

Kick_It
05-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Wow. SC is owning 1st set in singles. On every court - SC is @ 5 games, closest being court 5 @ 5-3. Farah up 5-0 against Buchanan.

johnkidd
05-23-2010, 11:54 AM
4-0 USC....Buckeyes again get off to a slow start and it kills them. Allare was up a set and ready to close the match out and Kronague was up in the second.

Kick_It
05-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Was lucky for SC that Farah closed out #1 when he did. Momentum was starting to shift as OSU was close to winning 2nd set of remaining matches, and taking #5. Not to say that it would be easy to win all those matches - though if Buchanan took 2nd set @ 1 and OSU won 5 it would be a big momentum shift into a dramatic finish.

Amazed at how significant winning the #1 doubles was. Glad to see at least one PAC-10 team in Final Four, K_I

Kick_It
05-23-2010, 12:26 PM
UVA : UCLA going on now. UCLA takes the doubles point, and looked like UVA was gonna roll in singles. Now it looks like after 1st set - UVA takes 3 1st sets and UCLA just pulled off 1st sets @ 3, 5, and 6.

I didn't think it 20 mins ago - looks like UCLA has a shot; it would help if Inbar takes 2nd set @ #4.

chrisplchs
05-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Doubles is THE KEY when top teams play each other. Last year, if USC didn't win the doubles at 3, they would have had no chance against that Ohio State lineup.

UCLA is as talented as advertised and seems to bring it in big matches. Them winning doubles is huge. I am already wrong on one prediction but I don't think I'll be wrong again today.

chrisplchs
05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
UVA : UCLA going on now. UCLA takes the doubles point, and looked like UVA was gonna roll in singles. Now it looks like after 1st set - UVA takes 3 1st sets and UCLA just pulled off 1st sets @ 3, 5, and 6.

I didn't think it 20 mins ago - looks like UCLA has a shot; it would help if Inbar takes 2nd set @ #4.

one of the top coaches in college tennis that I am good friends with told me that it is all about individual matchups at NCAAs. That is why I have seen some teams drop their 3 or 4 player off the lineup to get a better matchup.

Seguso is a great matchup for UCLA at 5 against Barrick. Barrick likes to come in, serve and volley and Seguso has one of the best returns in college tennis. Matt Brooklyn at 3 is tough for anybody even if you have never seen him play. He was All Pac 10 and played 1 at ASU before they dropped their program and played 1 last year for UCLA. Inbar played 1 at Maryland before he transferred and was respectable 5-5 record against other 1's in ACC dual play.

UCLA should win, unless they pull a Srugo again

ClarkC
05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
UCLA should win, unless they pull a Srugo again

Virginia should win, because they are the better team, although they played sub-par in doubles. It won't happen the same way in singles.

They will be worn out by the time they are done, however. That is worrisome, because Ohio State laid down and USC is resting.

socaltennnis
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
LOL. UVa won it.. however; on 2 points before, two UVa guys charged court 6 to jump on their guy when they thought they won; then they realized UCLA had saved the match point. lol.

myservenow
05-23-2010, 03:36 PM
^^^Ha Ha!

I kept up with the UVA match today but couldn't tell much from the live stream. Seemed like they struggled in some places in singles, and obviously lost doubles. Not sure if it was the matchup with UCLA, but I think UVA is capable of being beaten. Of course, they pulled out a tough match and that will count for something.

Go Big Orange!

Fedace
05-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Wow. SC is owning 1st set in singles. On every court - SC is @ 5 games, closest being court 5 @ 5-3. Farah up 5-0 against Buchanan.

WOW,,, OSU over-rated or what ????:???:

ClarkC
05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
LOL. UVa won it.. however; on 2 points before, two UVa guys charged court 6 to jump on their guy when they thought they won; then they realized UCLA had saved the match point. lol.

Julen Uriguen hit a winner down the line and the UVa players charged the court. Tabatruong announced that he had called it out, and the umpire did not reverse the call, so it went to deuce.

I guess that is what you mean by "UCLA had saved the match point."

Fedace
05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Julen Uriguen hit a winner down the line and the UVa players charged the court. Tabatruong announced that he had called it out, and the umpire did not reverse the call, so it went to deuce.

I guess that is what you mean by "UCLA had saved the match point."

This Uriguen fellow is a very talented player from what i have heard. He is supposed to be the future of Virginia tennis...

ga tennis
05-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fedace
05-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawggs got lucky and they faced Oklahoma which is a mediocre team. Next team in the Semis will be very difficult if not impossible..

Kick_It
05-23-2010, 10:21 PM
WOW,,, OSU over-rated or what ????:???:

I think SC is better than most realize. Tomorrow will be tough against UVA. I still like SC vs Tenn in the title match-up.

K_I

jaggy
05-24-2010, 04:45 AM
I think an osu just choke , maybe due to an extremely controlling coach who tells them what to do almost every point and they are so scared to lose. Just let them play Ty.

Fedace
05-24-2010, 05:06 AM
I think an osu just choke , maybe due to an extremely controlling coach who tells them what to do almost every point and they are so scared to lose. Just let them play Ty.

I know and Justin Kronage has not developed into a great player that he was suppose to develop into. I blame Ty for that.

andfor
05-24-2010, 07:05 AM
I know and Justin Kronage has not developed into a great player that he was suppose to develop into. I blame Ty for that.

That being the case what to you blame on coach Whit?

Fedace
05-24-2010, 07:11 AM
That being the case what do(Corrected) you blame on coach Whit?

I say Coach Whit has developed Klahn and Thacher into the top NCAA players in the country. and perhaps, one of the top Pros in the ATP,,,,,Time will tell..:)

andfor
05-24-2010, 07:16 AM
I say Coach Whit has developed Klahn and Thacher into the top NCAA players in the country. and perhaps, one of the top Pros in the ATP,,,,,Time will tell..:)

Oh please......what about Bruch and Clayton and the lack of titles? On the other hand you are right, "only time will tell" if Klahn and Thacher will burn out like the other future Grand Slam champions. That said don't take my words to hard. I don't wish that on them and hope Clayton can find his way. Better luck next year Feddie.

TourTenor
05-24-2010, 07:47 AM
... don't put them into your avatar or once again you may end up with more uninspired or injury-prone players like Clayton and Brush.:oops:

Joeyg
05-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I was going to post something scathing, but my posts seem to have a way of being deleted as quickly as I post them. I don't want this thread to be removed.

TourTenor
05-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Joey, I am just stating the facts ... in two years, two Fedace worship-type avatars followed by two promising college player's careers going down the tubes ....

Joeyg
05-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Joey, I am just stating the facts ... in two years, two Fedace worship-type avatars followed by two promising college player's careers going down the tubes ....

I didn't mean you, TourTenor. I value your comments (and wholeheartedly agree with them).

jaggy
05-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Stanford loses the doubles point.

ClarkC
05-24-2010, 11:20 AM

Yes, they were virtual unknowns, and not highly recruited, when they arrived! Did nothing in juniors, but now they are suddenly good! :)

jaggy
05-24-2010, 02:36 PM
TN takes the doubles point

tennismom42
05-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Just saw this and thought people here would be interested.

Men's Team Draw:
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/NCAA+Championships/2010+NCAA+Championships/2010_M_Team_Bracket.pdf

Women's Team Draw:
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/NCAA+Championships/2010+NCAA+Championships/2010_W_Team_Bracket.pdf

Most interesting (potential) matchup I saw in the men's draw -- if it plays out according to seeds -- is the quarterfinal between 4) Ohio State and 5) USC. I like SC in that one - but I'm a west coast/PAC-10 guy ;-)

K_I

Ugh! I can't find a Live-Cam? Is there a live-cam? If so, please post the link. Quick, I want to watch what's left of today's match.

ClarkC
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Ugh! I can't find a Live-Cam? Is there a live-cam? If so, please post the link. Quick, I want to watch what's left of today's match.

Go to the Scoreboard page for the main courts (http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/ncaa_tennis_live/Scoreboard.html) (Henry Feild Courts).

At the bottom of the page is a Live Video Streaming link.

The Scoreboard Java Applet takes a while to load. Be patient. When the scores come up, you can see the link at the bottom.

andfor
05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
UT live blog has faster scores posted than the scoreboard.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/052410aad.html

GO VOLS!!!!!!!

jaggy
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
USC takes it.

Kick_It
05-24-2010, 03:52 PM
USC advances to the finals 4-2 over UVA.

Early on it looked like VA was going to run singles 2 -> 5. Fortunately D. Nguyen took 1st set @ #4 into a long tiebreak (curious what actual score was - just saw he won last 2 points), and Johnson took 2nd set @ #2.

VA played a real tough match. I can see why they were highly ranked.

justacityboy
05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Quick question Clark, why did Singer not play in the team tourney? If he wasn't injured I think it's an awfully tough move to sit a senior who has been in the top 6 all year.

ClarkC
05-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Quick question Clark, why did Singer not play in the team tourney? If he wasn't injured I think it's an awfully tough move to sit a senior who has been in the top 6 all year.

He had a hurt foot. Doubles does not have too much running, but playing singles as a baseliner with a hurt foot would be asking too much. He still did quite well in doubles at #3, but the top two teams kept losing close matches.

ClarkC
05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
USC advances to the finals 4-2 over UVA.

Early on it looked like VA was going to run singles 2 -> 5. Fortunately D. Nguyen took 1st set @ #4 into a long tiebreak (curious what actual score was - just saw he won last 2 points), and Johnson took 2nd set @ #2.

VA played a real tough match. I can see why they were highly ranked.

I believe the tiebreaker score was 11-9 for Nguyen.

Houston Barrick won 10-8 in his second set tiebreak, and the tiebreaker to decide #1 singles went overtime as well, but don't know the score.

justacityboy
05-24-2010, 04:00 PM
He had a hurt foot. Doubles does not have too much running, but playing singles as a baseliner with a hurt foot would be asking too much. He still did quite well in doubles at #3, but the top two teams kept losing close matches.

thanks. tough luck for the hoos. One of these days the chips will fall right for Boland and co.

chrisplchs
05-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I've asked former UVA players and they are still amazed they haven't won it yet. The best chance they had was 2008 where the line up was Somdev, Huey, Dom, Sanam, Shabaz, Teddy Angelinos. Sub in a great doubles player in Barrick for Teddy and that team is nasty.

On paper, that team is unbeatable but after talking to some people in college tennis, the difference was Flores coming back to UGA after taking the fall off to try the circuit.

UVA next year returns, Shabaz, Sanam, Jarmere (assuming he stays), Courtney (who I view as almost unbeatable at 3 or 4), Urigen. Another solid team that could win it all, depending on how they come back.

ClarkC
05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I've asked former UVA players and they are still amazed they haven't won it yet. The best chance they had was 2008 where the line up was Somdev, Huey, Dom, Sanam, Shabaz, Teddy Angelinos. Sub in a great doubles player in Barrick for Teddy and that team is nasty.

On paper, that team is unbeatable but after talking to some people in college tennis, the difference was Flores coming back to UGA after taking the fall off to try the circuit.

UVA next year returns, Shabaz, Sanam, Jarmere (assuming he stays), Courtney (who I view as almost unbeatable at 3 or 4), Urigen. Another solid team that could win it all, depending on how they come back.

I don't see Jarmere Jenkins turning pro. I also don't think there will be any big surprises a la Devin Britton around the country this year. I cannot see anyone turning pro early. The only possibility is a top international recruit who comes in at an advanced age and does not want to play college tennis until age 24 before trying the pro circuit.

The only player who fits that bill is Henrique Cunha of Duke (and Brazil), who is a 21 year old freshman. But I think he will play a second year. Honestly, UVa might need to be challenged again by Duke next year, because the ACC has been too much of a lull in between the ITA National Team Indoors and the NCAA tournament every year. We try to schedule Baylor. Texas, Notre Dame, and Illinois every year, but the latter two have fallen off a bit lately, and all four of these matches are well before the NCAAs each spring. The Illinois and Notre Dame matches are always early and indoors.

We are not being tested often enough outdoors in the heat prior to the NCAAs each year. The Pac-10 and SEC teams test each other pretty often throughout the season. The ACC had a stretch a couple of years ago where Florida State, Miami, and UNC were all really good, but the last couple of years have seen a lot of good but not great ACC teams. Typically, the second best ACC team is about the #16 seed.

Sometimes we UVa fans think it is great that UNC or Duke or FSU is graduating some great player, but that might be shortsighted on our part.

chrisplchs
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Cunha is not 21. He just turned 20. He is very likely to go pro as many pros think he isn't really tested in college but he tried the circuit for an year already and only got to mid 600s.

As for Jenkins, people are not worrying about him going pro. There are other factors with him.

Duke is going to be better next year. Arnould just never improved and virtually stayed the same from the time he was Les Petit As winner. Saba and Mengel are good players who are likely to crack the lineup somewhere. Duke would have been great this year also except admissions got in the way of two freshmen who are also top 50 players from entering Duke.

FSU is likely to drop off with Aubone and Vahid graduating. They had a pretty nasty top 4 for a while but could not really do a whole lot with it. Miami has dropped a lot and doesn't show much signs of getting better. UNC is interesting as they lose Donato and Crone. They have good talent but mentally, some of their players are extremely weak.

The problem with ACC being consistently good as that there really is no history with ACC Men's tennis. There have been some good team but no NCAA champions, not even a finalist. Virginia has been the only team semifinalists and even that has been recent.

andfor
05-24-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't see Jarmere Jenkins turning pro. I also don't think there will be any big surprises a la Devin Britton around the country this year. I cannot see anyone turning pro early. The only possibility is a top international recruit who comes in at an advanced age and does not want to play college tennis until age 24 before trying the pro circuit.

The only player who fits that bill is Henrique Cunha of Duke (and Brazil), who is a 21 year old freshman. But I think he will play a second year. Honestly, UVa might need to be challenged again by Duke next year, because the ACC has been too much of a lull in between the ITA National Team Indoors and the NCAA tournament every year. We try to schedule Baylor. Texas, Notre Dame, and Illinois every year, but the latter two have fallen off a bit lately, and all four of these matches are well before the NCAAs each spring. The Illinois and Notre Dame matches are always early and indoors.

We are not being tested often enough outdoors in the heat prior to the NCAAs each year. The Pac-10 and SEC teams test each other pretty often throughout the season. The ACC had a stretch a couple of years ago where Florida State, Miami, and UNC were all really good, but the last couple of years have seen a lot of good but not great ACC teams. Typically, the second best ACC team is about the #16 seed.

Sometimes we UVa fans think it is great that UNC or Duke or FSU is graduating some great player, but that might be shortsighted on our part.

UT beats UGA 4-2 in the face of a hostile home crowd. They have to be a heavy favorite against USC tomorrow. They will have a home type crowd in Athens.

About the singles I have to disagree. If UT's Rhyne Williams wins the NCAA singlesor is runner-up it would not shock me if he went pro. He has won a Futures title or two while in high school. Also if Tennys Sandgren did not join the team mid-year he is another who if he has a successful summer could go pro as well.

alb1
05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
UVA had just as good a shot as anybody in the final four to win it this year. USC was just better on this day. I didn't see today's match but I watched Sunday's singles vs UCLA in Athens. Sunday- Shabaz looked unbeatable, Singh was up and down, Jenkins could not finish off points at the net, and the #6 guy was in the zone in his third set and probably would have beat anyone on that day. Today Shabaz loses, Jenkins wins, and the #6 guy loses in straight sets.

Should be a good final tomorrow night.

alb1
05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
UT beats UGA 4-2 in the face of a hostile home crowd. They have to be a heavy favorite against USC tomorrow. They will have a home type crowd in Athens.

I don't know if they'll get any SEC love or not. Some may cheer for the underdog.

Fedace
05-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, they were virtual unknowns, and not highly recruited, when they arrived! Did nothing in juniors, but now they are suddenly good! :)

They were top 10 Juniors when recruited to stanford. but Noone knew Klahn would become this good. Thacher was more of highly regarded Junior at the time..

SoBad
05-24-2010, 07:44 PM
They were top 10 Juniors when recruited to stanford. but Noone knew Klahn would become this good. Thacher was more of highly regarded Junior at the time..

Klahn is a good player hah, think he's going pro?

Kick_It
05-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I believe the tiebreaker score was 11-9 for Nguyen.

Houston Barrick won 10-8 in his second set tiebreak, and the tiebreaker to decide #1 singles went overtime as well, but don't know the score.

Nguyen had nerves of steel today. I want to say he was down multiple games to start the match but pulled it into a tiebreak. #2 for VA started off real strong & Johnson didn't start well.

Both need to bring it tomorrow for SC. It is going to be one heck of a final, K_I

Ambivalent
05-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Guess i was right. Bummer for you.

ssgator80
05-25-2010, 04:49 AM
I don't know if they'll get any SEC love or not. Some may cheer for the underdog.

I have a feeling GA fans will be pulling for TENN. Keep the title in the SEC.

caesar66
05-25-2010, 04:53 AM

I can almost certainly say this will be the case (as a Bulldog who will be rooting for UT)

alb1
05-25-2010, 05:21 AM

If it was the TN women I would cheer for them because of the GA girls on their team. Pluskota and Meredith. I don't feel any connection to the TN men just because they are in the SEC. I will pull for Stanford over FL in the women's final because of the Burdette sisters. If UGA is out I will support the GA players at any school ,any conference, especially those that I watched come up thru the junior ranks.

ssgator80
05-25-2010, 05:29 AM
I think the majority of die hard SEC fans pull for other SEC teams when their school is out. Are you a die hard GA fan? I could see it being different if you have personal relationships with the players.

Joeyg
05-25-2010, 05:47 AM

Who is this Noone person Dr Fedace keeps referring to?

alb1
05-25-2010, 06:08 AM
I think the majority of die hard SEC fans pull for other SEC teams when their school is out. Are you a die hard GA fan? I could see it being different if you have personal relationships with the players.

I am big GA tennis fan. I always pull for the SEC representative in the football championship game. But in tennis I want UGA to be the elite SEC program. Look at the list of teams with multiple championships-USC, UCLA, Stanford, GA. Adding the name of another SEC school to the list of champions even just once won't make me happy.

andfor
05-25-2010, 06:40 AM

I would agree with you. Not sure how much it will help but UT is sending a bus or two of peeps from Knoxville today down to Athens for the finals. It was cool how they were arranging the bus plans on their live blog in the middle of the match against UGA. Not that they were being cocky but they had to get an idea of a number of folks interested in going there to schedule chartering the buses with late notice.

Go VOLS!!!

woodrow1029
05-25-2010, 06:51 AM
I think he must be related to Destiny!

Fedace
05-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Klahn is a good player hah, think he's going pro?

Yes, he has a chance. Maybe top 100. His rate of improvement over the years has been impressive. We will see how far he can go. His power and placement on the serves has improved so much over last year. and now he can rip a ground stroke winner from anywhere on the court. It wasn't like this last year. so that tells you how much he has improved.:)

Fedace
05-25-2010, 06:54 AM
I think he must be related to Destiny!

this is coming from a tour umpire. have you no shame ??

andfor
05-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes, he has a chance. Maybe top 100. His rate of improvement over the years has been impressive. We will see how far he can go. His power and placement on the serves has improved so much over last year. and now he can rip a ground stroke winner from anywhere on the court. It wasn't like this last year. so that tells you how much he has improved.:)

Just a guess but I believe SoBad was asking if he was going pro this summer. Am I right SoBad? With the current track record of Standford players he should turn pro now before he gets worse. :)

Joeyg
05-25-2010, 07:31 AM
this is coming from a tour umpire. have you no shame ??

This coming from a Stanford grad? Have you no ability to punctuate or capitalize?

alb1
05-25-2010, 07:32 AM
I would agree with you. Not sure how much it will help but UT is sending a bus or two of peeps from Knoxville today down to Athens for the finals. It was cool how they were arranging the bus plans on their live blog in the middle of the match against UGA. Not that they were being cocky but they had to get an idea of a number of folks interested in going there to schedule chartering the buses with late notice.

Go VOLS!!!

Bus loads of orange clad TN fans in UGA's stadium. Wish I lived closer to Athens.
Go Trojans!

myservenow
05-25-2010, 07:55 AM
The Georgia fans were relentless against Tennessee yesterday. That is to be expected in such a heated rivalry with so much on the line. I was worried that the atmosphere might get the better of the Vols but they were mentally tough and pulled through it.

Can't wait until 6:00 tonight. I am pulling for the Big Orange to win the National Championship!!!

Go Big Orange!

Fedace
05-25-2010, 08:20 AM
The Georgia fans were relentless against Tennessee yesterday. That is to be expected in such a heated rivalry with so much on the line. I was worried that the atmosphere might get the better of the Vols but they were mentally tough and pulled through it.

Can't wait until 6:00 tonight. I am pulling for the Big Orange to win the National Championship!!!

Go Big Orange!

It will be on ESPNU, and no Webcam coverage due to contractual situation. Luckfully i have ESPNU and i can watch my Stanford Cardinal take it all at 11 am today.

ssgator80
05-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Look at the list of teams with multiple championships-USC, UCLA, Stanford, GA.

I assume your only talking men here. The Florida woman are going for their 5th national title ( 92,96,98, 03,). Georgia woman have 2.

Fedace
05-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I assume your only talking men here. The Florida woman are going for their 5th national title ( 92,96,98, 03,). Georgia woman have 2.

when is the individual tournament bracket coming out ??

tennismom42
05-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Go to the Scoreboard page for the main courts (http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/ncaa_tennis_live/Scoreboard.html) (Henry Feild Courts).

At the bottom of the page is a Live Video Streaming link.

The Scoreboard Java Applet takes a while to load. Be patient. When the scores come up, you can see the link at the bottom.I found the scoreboards. But I was looking for live-cam. Since tickets are $100, maybe there are no cameras.

alb1
05-25-2010, 08:55 AM
I found the scoreboards. But I was looking for live-cam. Since tickets are $100, maybe there are no cameras.

It was $100 for the whole tournament or $10 a day, but then again maybe they are charging the TN fans $100 a ticket for tonight.

This link worked last night.
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/c-tennis/champpage/inc/div1/c-tennis-div1-livestreams.html

alb1
05-25-2010, 09:45 AM

Yeah I was referring to men. You have to give the UF women the respect they are due.

jaggy
05-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Live scoreboard here is all I can find:

Fedace
05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Live scoreboard here is all I can find:

ESPNU has exclusive video rights and U of georgia cannot turn on the live webcam. so turn on your cable TV:)

jaggy
05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
ESPNU has exclusive video rights and U of georgia cannot turn on the live webcam. so turn on your cable TV:)

Stuck at work here

texas_vol
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Go Vols! Beat Usc!

Ambivalent
05-25-2010, 12:04 PM

Why did no one think Klahn would become good? He was only the number 1 junior coming out of the 18s...

Kick_It
05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I wonder what the local support for Tenn will be like in tennis. I am told when it comes to football - GA considers UT rivals.

Am I the only one pulling for USC today?!?

K_I

bluetrain4
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm watching the women's final. Talented players, but between the absolute refusal to come to the net off the serve in doubles to the incessant screaming in this deciding singles match, it's really quite annoying.

Nonetheless, congrats to Stanford, who just won 4-3.

Fedace
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
It is time for Singles to begin tomorrow. time for Bradley Klahn to clean House...........

http://www.ncaa.com/graphics/D1Tennis/2010MSingles.pdf

Joeyg
05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
It is time for Singles to begin tomorrow. time for Bradley Klahn to clean House...........

http://www.ncaa.com/graphics/D1Tennis/2010MSingles.pdf

What school does House play for?

Kick_It
05-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Looks like Tenn took doubles point; would love to watch #1 dubs - but SC got a strong start in singles. The worst singles for SC so far is losing 1st set @ #4 in a tiebreaker. Starting to balance out as tenn just split sets @ #3...

10isRocs
05-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Trojans............. on the way:)

tennismom42
05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
scoreboard says 3 - 2, to USC
last two matches are both in 3rd set.
Scores show 4-0 (USC) and 4-3 (Tennessee)

Both of those last two match must be racing to finish first.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/wtennis_live/xlive.htm

What a nail biter!

10isRocs
05-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Come on Daniel...you can do it!!

allez_mike
05-25-2010, 06:42 PM
D Nguyen (Win) is beastin right now...and Kecki just broke

tennismom42
05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
USC won it!

From the scoreboard, looks like Tennys Sandgren may have been injured.

10isRocs
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Trojans Wtg

caesar66
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
USC won it!

From the scoreboard, looks like Tennys Sandgren may have been injured.

I didn't see an injury, but he totally wore himself out in the first set tiebreak.

tennismom42
05-25-2010, 06:49 PM
scoreboard link

johnkidd
05-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Both Bruch and Clayton have regressed under Whit. I think Kronague has had a pretty solid career. And considering Monecke got to the finals last year and Ohio State was on par with the top Mid Am schools before Tucker got there...I'd say he's done a good job

stanfordtennis alum
05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Congrats to USC for defending their national championship.. well done Coach Smith and the trojans!

bluetrain4
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
That was exciting. Couldn't pull myself away. Nyugen is cold as ice.

Always tough to win after losing doubles. Very impressive.

Congrats, to USC. And, also to Tennessee and all the other great teams who participated.

Tennessee loses their #5 and a doubles guy.

I think USC only loses Farrah at No. 1, but, that's a big loss. Both teams should contend next year. But, as UVA shows, it's not always as easy as having most of your squad back.

johnkidd
05-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Nyugen and Farrah were money in the last two team tournaments. Congrats to the Trojans

Fedace
05-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Nyugen and Farrah were money in the last two team tournaments. Congrats to the Trojans

Nyugen is over-rated. He will never play #1 or #2 for USC. He is just not that good.....

bluetrain4
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Nyugen is over-rated. He will never play #1 or #2 for USC. He is just not that good.....

Do you have to sh*t on everything? Who cares if he never plays 1 or 2. Two NCAA Div. 1 championships in 2 years, playing in the starting lineup for a great team, clinching a championship match. I guess that really sucks.

Just give him credit for doing a great job, whether it be at No. 1 or No. 6.

allez_mike
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Do you have to sh*t on everything? Who cares if he never plays 1 or 2. Two NCAA Div. 1 championships in 2 years, playing in the starting lineup for a great team, clinching a championship match. I guess that really sucks.

Word. True dat

Fedace
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM

Lets admit it, his opponent was the Superior player but he got tired after the 1st set.

Fedace
05-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Anyway,,,,Lets move on to the singles and lets herald the new NCAA champion Bradley Klahn......

myservenow
05-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Congrats to USC taking home the hardware and defeating my Tennessee Vols. Hard to accept, but a little easier knowing UT lost to a great team.

You could definitely tell USC used the experience of last year to its advantage. I think UT will carry this tough loss over into next season and use it for the good.

Tennessee had an outstanding season. USC was just better today when it was all on the line.

SoBad
05-25-2010, 08:10 PM

Thanks for that Ė I actually think that ďmaybe top 100Ē is conservative on Klahn. Getting through qualies in futures and making a few main draw rounds, while a college student, is actually very good. If he decided to pursue professional tennis (and he should at least try), I would be very surprised if he did not hit top 100 ATP.

Kick_It
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Some impressive tennis tonight. I don't know how many expected Tenn to take the doubles, particularly @ #1 - nor that many expected SC to do so well in singles.

Hats off to D Nguyen for being cool as a cucumber to clinch both the match yesterday against #1 VA and today against #2 Tenn.

Props to SC for taking out #4, #1 and #2 over the past three days en route to the title.

A decent day for PAC-10 tennis. Onwards to singles and doubles! K_I

SoBad
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Just a guess but I believe SoBad was asking if he was going pro this summer. Am I right SoBad? With the current track record of Standford players he should turn pro now before he gets worse. :)

Yeah, I donít know much about Klahn, but his game looks so good, and he seems to have good results considering he is in college, and was just looking for input from someone like Fedace with thorough knowledge of Klahn and the intricacies of NCAA tennis. These guys are so difficult to predict Ė after watching the Isner Ė Devvarman NCAA final, I thought Devvarman would have a shot in the pros and Isner would not (especially seeing how GA linespersons called in every Isner serve that didnít land outside the doubles alley), but look at them now. Itís all about the weapons, I guess. Leftiness can be a weapon though, so Klahn could make some noise with that.

Tennis_Stringman
05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Lets admit it, his opponent was the Superior player but he got tired after the 1st set.

HTF is Sandgren the superior player when he gets wasted 6-7, 6-0, 6-1? Daniel is solid, great returns, quick as a rabbit and a tough competitor.

Kick_It
05-25-2010, 09:05 PM
HTF is Sandgren the superior player when he gets wasted 6-7, 6-0, 6-1? Daniel is solid, great returns, quick as a rabbit and a tough competitor.

It must be some special logic they teach at StanDford,,,

Where I went to school:
+ Being ranked 83 vs 111 in D1
+ Winning a head-to-head match for the team championship,
+ Being named Most Outstanding Player for the team championships
are all attributes I'd consider superior.

In fedace's little world - who knows?!? K_I

Jakes On A Plane
05-25-2010, 09:24 PM

You are an idiot as usual. Nguyen is not overrated at all. He was 20-1 in dual matches and undefeated in the NCAA tournament. I am not a USC fan by any means, but this guy is a beast. I'm sorry Dennis Lin or Richard Wire couldn't get on Nguyen's level.

*He took Klahn to a 3rd set in the Pac-10 semis. A #4 vs. a #1. That sounds like a pretty good player to me

chrisplchs
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I donít know much about Klahn, but his game looks so good, and he seems to have good results considering he is in college, and was just looking for input from someone like Fedace with thorough knowledge of Klahn and the intricacies of NCAA tennis. These guys are so difficult to predict Ė after watching the Isner Ė Devvarman NCAA final, I thought Devvarman would have a shot in the pros and Isner would not (especially seeing how GA linespersons called in every Isner serve that didnít land outside the doubles alley), but look at them now. Itís all about the weapons, I guess. Leftiness can be a weapon though, so Klahn could make some noise with that.

Pros is about weapons but also about figuring out what they are and how to best use them.

Isner, up until a year ago, was still around 100, playing in challengers, etc. Until he realized that he should adopt a Sampras-like approach to his game (conserve energy by going for big shots on receiving game instead of rallying and put pressure when opponent throws a double or a couple of loose points), Isner was around the same ranking as Somdev. Also, Isner's ceiling was and still is much higher than Somdev. Somdev is definitely better than college but he was already playing close to his potential his senior year while Isner had a long ways to do before realizing his.

Fedace
05-26-2010, 02:16 AM
You are an idiot as usual. Nguyen is not overrated at all. He was 20-1 in dual matches and undefeated in the NCAA tournament. I am not a USC fan by any means, but this guy is a beast. I'm sorry Dennis Lin or Richard Wire couldn't get on Nguyen's level.

*He took Klahn to a 3rd set in the Pac-10 semis. A #4 vs. a #1. That sounds like a pretty good player to me

Bradley's kicking butt in he NCAA tournament.

EP1998
05-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Good matches last night, more fun to watch than French Open, lol.

jaggy
05-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Not my fav institution but congratulations to usc.

BallJam92
05-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Steve Johnson looked really good in his match yesterday. I think he has a lot of potential. May even have success in the pros.

Kick_It
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm not a USC fan either, but I do respect what they've done this year. I do enjoy Pac-10 tennis.

I went to one of their matches early this season and was particularly impressed with how I saw them play.

Johnson does have decent potential. Many of the collegiate players do test the waters in futures, etc. It will be interesting to see how he does.

K_I

Fedace
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Steve Johnson looked really good in his match yesterday. I think he has a lot of potential. May even have success in the pros.

LOL,,Steve Johnson goes Down in the 1st round. what is wrong with this guy ??

BallJam92
05-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Lol idk, maybe he had a let down after winning the team championships. Rhyne Williams is a really dangerous player though.

Kick_It
05-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Could it be that he played 3 tough matches the previous 3 days against teams ranked #4, #1, and #2 in the nation?!? I have no idea...

On the other hand according to you T. Sandgren is the superior player v D. Nguyen also apparently with utter disregard that he "got tired" after the 1st set tiebreak in that match.

Who taught logic at StanDford? Destiny?!? (kidding),
K_I

SoBad
05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Pros is about weapons but also about figuring out what they are and how to best use them.

Isner, up until a year ago, was still around 100, playing in challengers, etc. Until he realized that he should adopt a Sampras-like approach to his game (conserve energy by going for big shots on receiving game instead of rallying and put pressure when opponent throws a double or a couple of loose points), Isner was around the same ranking as Somdev. Also, Isner's ceiling was and still is much higher than Somdev. Somdev is definitely better than college but he was already playing close to his potential his senior year while Isner had a long ways to do before realizing his.

I see what you are saying, but also note that Isner got lots of love from USTA, while Devvarman got none, and in fact got stiffed on the US Open wildcard that an NCAA singles champion might expect. His career could have developed differently if he somehow got a US passport out of his UVA tenure.

bluetrain4
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
J.P. Smith from Tennessee, the overall No 3. seed, lost also - got destroyed 6-1, 6-1.

That team championship, especially if you're in the final, must take a lot out of these guys. Clearly, that's not always the case, but its understandable.

Fedace
05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
J.P. Smith from Tennessee, the overall No 3. seed, lost also - got destroyed 6-1, 6-1.

That team championship, especially if you're in the final, must take a lot out of these guys. Clearly, that's not always the case, but its understandable.

He was the defending Champion, right ? who did he lose to ? anybody good ?? this is great,,,better for Klahn......:)

Fedace
05-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Guess Who the MOST dangerous opponent for Klahn would be in the Entire Draw now ?????????? If you guess right on the 1st try, i will send you a Free Set of Kirschbaum Helix poly string......Newest flagship poly.

ClarkC
05-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Guess Who the MOST dangerous opponent for Klahn would be in the Entire Draw now ?????????? If you guess right on the 1st try, i will send you a Free Set of Kirschbaum Helix poly string......Newest flagship poly.

Alex Clayton? :oops:

Esti
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
thats right usc! nguyen representing!

ClarkC
05-27-2010, 05:45 AM
He was the defending Champion, right ? who did he lose to ? anybody good ?? this is great,,,better for Klahn......:)

J.P. Smith is not defending champion. Devin Britton won last year.

Fedace
05-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Alex Clayton? :oops:

I am talking about someone that is in the draw ???

10ACE
05-27-2010, 06:25 AM
thats right usc! nguyen representing!

What a come back!! Nguyen just a sophomore- USC should return strong next year.

Stamford wasn't much of a showing...

Ambivalent
05-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Haha Stevie Johnson :(

Fedace
05-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Uh oh.... Bradley is down a set to some nobody named Conkic. What is going on here ?? CMON Brad,,,you can come back. Draw upon the energy from the champion on the next court.....MB

Fedace
05-27-2010, 10:46 AM
YES,,,,,,,Bradley comes back in the 2nd set, wins it 6-3. Lets Roll on this guy in the 3rd set, Brad..........

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=180717

Fedace
05-27-2010, 11:35 AM
LOL,,,Conkic from Tennessee pulling out all the tricks from the bag. Calls for a trainer 4-5 down in the 3rd set with Bradley Klahn about to serve for the match..........LOL

Fedace
05-27-2010, 11:41 AM
YEaaaaaaaaaaa,,, Klahn Wins the match 6-4 in the 3rd. LOL,,,he has to play this guy again in 2 hours in the doubles match. Conkic and Williams plays Klahn and Thacher in the doubles 1st round. Should be a easy win,,,,,looks like Conkic has nothing left.

johnkidd
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM

He clocked him the last two sets, and last year he killed Buchanon. Thats two lhuge wins in the finals the last two years. How gives a crap if he never plays 1 or 2, you are only as good as your courts 4 -6...see your Stanford Cardinal Fedace.

Fedace
05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Klahn and Thacher... doubles against Michigan....enough said.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=180713

Fedace
05-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Klahn and Thacher in the doubles Quarterfinals.....

Klahn in the singles quarterfinals too.

johnkidd
05-28-2010, 06:05 PM
My pick to win it is the winner of the Cunha/Farrah match.

Pulling hard for Cunha. Go Devils!!!!!

Fedace
05-28-2010, 07:27 PM
My pick to win it is the winner of the Cunha/Farrah match.

Pulling hard for Cunha. Go Devils!!!!!

LOL,,, Klahn can handle Farah Easily.....Farah got lucky in the Pac-10 finals. IN the 2nd set, he got 2 lucky shot to win the tiebreaker. Had Farah lost that 2nd set tiebreaker, Klahn would have won the 3rd for sure. i say this cause Klahn was starting to handle everything Farah was throwing at him at that point....

johnkidd
05-29-2010, 04:11 AM
LOL,,, Klahn can handle Farah Easily.....Farah got lucky in the Pac-10 finals. IN the 2nd set, he got 2 lucky shot to win the tiebreaker. Had Farah lost that 2nd set tiebreaker, Klahn would have won the 3rd for sure. i say this cause Klahn was starting to handle everything Farah was throwing at him at that point....

So Farrah won....but Klahn was handing him? To me that's like saying if Peyton Manning hadn't thrown that pick 6, the Colts would have won the SUper Bowl even though they were still losing at the time.

Fedace
05-29-2010, 12:00 PM
So Farrah won....but Klahn was handing him? To me that's like saying if Peyton Manning hadn't thrown that pick 6, the Colts would have won the SUper Bowl even though they were still losing at the time.

Who won the Klahn match today ?? Does anyone know ? He was playing someone from Ole Miss today in the quarters.

Fedace
05-29-2010, 12:17 PM
YES YES, Bradley Klahn into the Semis. plays #1 seed from Duke, Cunha. Over-rated player had a walkover on Robert Farah from USC. Poor Farah, wanted a good singles before turning PRO. Good for Klahn, should beat this Cunha......only worry is this Duke player is Lefty which Klahn has some trouble with....

Fedace
05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
WOW,,,,total domination in the 1st set by Klahn and Thacher in doubles. 6-2 first set against Oklahoma.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=180717

Fedace
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
This is a good day for Stanford to say the least. Klahn in the Singles Semis, and with Thacher in the Doubles semis as well. Daily Double,,,, Barte in the singles semis and Doubles semis with Burdette.

ClarkC
05-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Tomorrow will be a tough day for Stanford, I am afraid. You really don't want to run into the ACC in singles and doubles like that. :)

johnkidd
05-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Good day for Duke, Cunha is in the semis and the LAX team upset UVA. Go Devils!!!!!

Fedace
05-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Tomorrow will be a tough day for Stanford, I am afraid. You really don't want to run into the ACC in singles and doubles like that. :)

Would it nice if both Klahn and Barte won both Singles and Doubles and make it a Quad championship season....:)

Fedace
05-30-2010, 07:53 AM
NCAA singles Semis about to Start. both MEn and Women in aciton.

Fedace
05-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Klahn all OVER Khuna from Duke. 6-2 in the 1st set.....IS Klahn ready for the pros ??

Fedace
05-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Bradley Klahn Into the Finals of NCAA singles championships after beating #1 player from Duke.....this is a Done deal. 2 guys on the other side of the draw are both no match for Klahn. Look for Klahn to go all the way to the Semis of US open this year...

Fedace
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Stanford UP 6-5 in the first set of doubles...

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=180713

Jakes On A Plane
05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Michael Shabaz and Drew Courtney (UVA) defeat Bradley Klahn and Ryan Thacher (Stanford) 7-6 (3), 7-6 (6).

They will play Davey Sandgren and J.P. Smith of Tennessee tomorrow in the finals.