PDA

View Full Version : Weiss Scorpion 1.22 - notching and breaking

dre
05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
The strings were great while they lasted. The mains got loose and finally broke after hitting hard for three weeks. The original tension was 50 mains and 52 crosses. Planning to string at a higher tension next time.

OK, maybe they were a little too lively. My opponents were very uncomfortable when I'm at the net or hitting overhead shots.

Question, I play 4x a week for 2 hours or more. Are there any strings that can take the abuse and be reasonably playable for a longer period of time ? Is that even possible ?

I read alot of reviews and the weiss strings seemed like a good fit. I tend to break strings regularly and am looking for something durable, with good/great spin, control and easy on the elbow.

any other suggestions ?

thanks

decades
05-04-2010, 07:30 PM
the 1.28 seem tailor made for you...less lively and probably more durable....silverstring has less pop and probably holds tension better as well.

dre
05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
thanks for the suggestion. I'll try a set.

Explorer3903
05-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I am on my second reel (half way done) of the scorpion 1.22 and have only popped/broken them twice. I string my racquets pretty tight - 1-2 lbs over recommended tension. I play 1-2 times a week and generally restring every two months or so. Really like the strings will continue to buy more in the future.

kmartin
05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
My son likes Scorpion really well. He's never broken a string, because he's not a huge hitter, and we generally cut strings out sooner rather than later. But I agree on the notching. I've never seen strings notch on him until Scorpion. Not sure if it affects playability, but it does fix the crosses in place. I think he's oblivious to it, but I notice it when I measure for tension loss.