PDA

View Full Version : Toalson Rencon Devil Spin

Ash_Smith
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey Guys

Does any body have experience or feedback on the above string - I've used the Toalson Asterisk Syn Gut, which is very powerful for the money but i'd be interested in any thoughts on their polys - espcially the above.

Cheers

Ash

dekko1
05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I used to play with Toalson Cyberblade Thermaxe 123, and have just tried Rencon 125.
I am a big fan of Toalson strings. Cyberblade is one of my favorite strings, it was the closest string to Alu Power that I have played with, great feel, holds the ball well, great power and good control.
Rencon was also good, also great feel, and it felt a bit softer and more forgiving than Cyberblade.

I havent heard of Devil Spin, I'll ask my local tennis shop about it.

tiochaota
07-21-2010, 06:03 AM
bump, also had it at my local stringing shop, seems pretty nice.

tiochaota
08-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Bumps
Pppppp

NoobWannabe
08-20-2010, 01:05 AM
I am not sure about this but isnt it true that gamma and toalson strings are the same?

suppawat
08-20-2010, 01:21 AM
I played Devil Spin recently and love the feel and spin potential of it. Strung it on Head YouTek Speed Pro (well known for no-feel racquet), the stringbed has crisp feel and bite balls very well. And surprisingly, it feels really good too. String didn't move during play. The other string in the same category you might wanna try is Prince Poly 3D. It's softer than Devil Spin but string moves during play. So if you prefer "crisp", pick Devil Spin. If you like "soft", go for Poly Spin 3D.

You can see pictures here (sorry my review is in Thai)
http://suppawat.multiply.com/reviews/item/88

tiochaota
08-20-2010, 03:05 AM
I played Devil Spin recently and love the feel and spin potential of it. Strung it on Head YouTek Speed Pro (well known for no-feel racquet), the stringbed has crisp feel and bite balls very well. And surprisingly, it feels really good too. String didn't move during play. The other string in the same category you might wanna try is Prince Poly 3D. It's softer than Devil Spin but string moves during play. So if you prefer "crisp", pick Devil Spin. If you like "soft", go for Poly Spin 3D.

You can see pictures here (sorry my review is in Thai)
http://suppawat.multiply.com/reviews/item/88

Have you tried the 125? It's thinner than 130 but which feels better?

NoobWannabe
08-20-2010, 12:53 PM
I dont think this string is available in the usa yet it looks insteresting tho.

rz250r
08-21-2010, 12:37 AM
I am not sure about this but isnt it true that gamma and toalson strings are the same?

Gamma tie up with Toalson.
And some goods are the same.

Toalson and Gosen are OEM supplier too.

Now you use other brand string may be Toalson ?

Ross K
08-21-2010, 12:59 AM
How about Toalson Thermaxe? Anyone have a view?

ls206
08-21-2010, 02:13 AM
How about Toalson Thermaxe? Anyone have a view?

I am a big fan of Toalson strings. Cyberblade is one of my favorite strings, it was the closest string to Alu Power that I have played with, great feel, holds the ball well, great power and good control.
Rencon was also good, also great feel, and it felt a bit softer and more forgiving than Cyberblade....
I'll echo Dekko, also thermaxe holds tension much better than rencon.

What about your view Ross ;)

Ross K
08-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I'll echo Dekko, also thermaxe holds tension much better than rencon.

What about your view Ross ;)

Yes, I do agree with Dekko and yourself really - it is more the case I didn't play with the string long enough to form a definite impression (various factors has led to there being ZERO tennis for me for a month :(), and was just seeking the views of more experieced users. The time I have hit with it though, my feelings were very favorable, and I'd consider this as a possible 'go to' cheaper Alu alternative.

R.

High Roller
08-22-2010, 07:34 AM

Gamma is simply an exclusive distributor of re-branded Toalson strings in designated markets. *All* synthetics are Toa. Same goes for most of Gamma's other products, including those that are made by Toa's contract manufacturers.