PDA

View Full Version : Question...1st time with Natural Gut...

Karma_struggle
05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi, I've decided to try natural gut for the first time this summer, and I'm looking for a good starter string. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to hybrid with the polys I use or if I'll string straight gut...

Thanks!

ronninmaster
05-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi, I've decided to try natural gut for the first time this summer, and I'm looking for a good starter string. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to hybrid with the polys I use or if I'll string straight gut...

Thanks!

Start with a cheap gut that's also good quality like klip or head. I don't recommend Global or Gaucho Gut. They're cheap but they don't last as long IMO. IT's better to start with these before moving on to Tonic or VS Gut as these are $40 a set.

The_Question
05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I recommend to start of w/Titan. They're pretty decent in my experience...many people might disagree here. Hybrid it first along with your current string, probably means replace your Forten Syn Gut...

Irvin
05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Go full gut whichever string you choose. You will never know what gut feels like if youhybrid it with a poly string. Poly is too dominate.

Irvin

sidzej
05-06-2010, 05:31 AM
I second point made by Irvin. Go full gut first, to get the feel of pure gut. Only then try to hybrid and see what it does to the feel of gut.