PDA

View Full Version : lot of notching!!!

xsmasher
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
my stringbed is full of notches with some deep ones, am wondering if this situation affect the control,power and comfort of the string and should I cut it out..am using xcel 16g on babolat pure drive Roddick.

The_Question
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Make the life span of the strings short, that's for sure. I doubt it will affect the other 3 factors you've listed...

Irvin
05-06-2010, 03:10 AM
my stringbed is full of notches with some deep ones, am wondering if this situation affect the control,power and comfort of the string and should I cut it out..am using xcel 16g on babolat pure drive Roddick.

They will break soon then you will have to replace them. What are you going to do if they break in the warmup for your next match?

Irvin

armsty
05-06-2010, 04:48 AM
If you live in Sydney I can restring for you.

Otherwise keep playin :p

autumn_leaf
05-06-2010, 05:56 AM
sounds like the string is going to break soon. i haven't experience any loss of anything with older strings of syn. gut. took me quite some months to break.

that being said, most people will notice quite a bit of difference between old strings and a freshly strung set. you just don't know that the strings are playing differently over time because your body gets used to it.

kiteboard
05-06-2010, 07:36 AM
That's when the strings play the best. The thinnest string, notched.

hollywood9826
05-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Not quite sure what is funny about that statement. I have heard plenty of poeple say that right before the strings break they play the best.

If you dont notice a difference than thats all that matters. Its about preference. Now if you only have one racket you may want to string it up again so you dont pop them like 5 minutes into hitting.