PDA

View Full Version : MSV Brooke's string setup

MuscleWeave
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
MSV are sponsoring this 14 year old girl, and she seems to be dominating. What's odd is that she's using a Co-focus / Focus Hex hybrid. If I understand correctly, Focus Hex is Co-focus with the hex shape. Wouldn't this combo play like a full set of Co-focus, but only serve to saw through the mains and require the adoring public to need more re-strings?

Preston
05-06-2010, 09:29 AM
IMO if you believe in extruded strings, then this makes okay sense to me. Run the hex strings on the mains for more bite and a round string on the crosses for a tad more feel. Again, opinion there not fact. I feel like i have a little more touch/feel for the ball with normal round strings.

Then again, if memory serves, cofocus is in different colors than hex, so maybe she just likes to mix the colors.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
MSV are sponsoring this 14 year old girl, and she seems to be dominating. What's odd is that she's using a Co-focus / Focus Hex hybrid. If I understand correctly, Focus Hex is Co-focus with the hex shape. Wouldn't this combo play like a full set of Co-focus, but only serve to saw through the mains and require the adoring public to need more re-strings?

The hex mains will give some add spins boost the shave only works in the mains mostly unlike Twisted shapes (Hepta, Tornado) sounds fine IMO

MuscleWeave
05-06-2010, 12:22 PM
The Hex is in the crosses, Co-focus mains. I think the other way would make alot of sense.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
05-06-2010, 02:28 PM
The Hex is in the crosses, Co-focus mains. I think the other way would make alot of sense.

hex crosses well that odd, but hell if it works then it works lol :)

Preston
05-06-2010, 02:34 PM
That does seem odd... I'd be interested to hear of anyone has some scientific evidence or even a theory to support this setup. I can't think of one.