PDA

View Full Version : Video of me stringing

vinniedafoo18
05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Comments and thoughts is appreciated, and yes I did pull a little bit to hard on the knot for the mains tie off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-VSoxuZ-4

I was kinda slow on the crosses, it was 7:30 p.m. and I didn't have any breakfast in me yet (woke up at 11 a.m.) only had a starbuck caramel frap so far. The vibrating sound was text messages and then it stop recording cause my friend called me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwNgxjTiw78

ronninmaster
05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
try to watch the loops when you pull them next time. I saw you tensioned one of the mains when it notched at around 3:10 that can really damage the string.

skyzoo
05-06-2010, 11:37 AM
The excitement is enthralling.

ronninmaster
05-06-2010, 11:40 AM
try to watch the loops when you pull them next time. I saw you tensioned one of the mains when it notched at around 3:10 that can really damage the string.

sry to correct myself i meant "kinked" not "notched"

floydcouncil
05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Comments and thoughts is appreciated, and yes I did pull a little bit to hard on the knot for the mains tie off.

I was kinda slow on the crosses, it was 7:30 p.m. and I didn't have any breakfast in me yet (woke up at 11 a.m.) only had a starbuck caramel frap so far. The vibrating sound was text messages and then it stop recording cause my friend called me.

You pull your knots WAAAAY too hard. There's no need for that.

fantom
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM

That's one lesson a lot of people have to learn the hard way (me included)...

Standupnfall
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM

I saw that too, it kinked and then he tensioned the kink :confused:

Also agree on the knot pulls, I probably pull with about 1/3 the force and thats plenty

zapvor
05-06-2010, 12:52 PM

it looks like you are rushing

vinniedafoo18
05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
sry to correct myself i meant "kinked" not "notched"

it didn't kinked I'm sure of it

vinniedafoo18
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM

already mentioned at the start of the thread, I usually pull it less force it was just for the video I did a bit extra and it end up being too much =/

vinniedafoo18
05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
it looks like you are rushing

no this is normal for me not rushing at all, I was just trying to finish the cross fast so i can go out and eat, if I rush I would mess up a lot

jmverdugo
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I think you do a very decent job, IMO the string getting caught while pulling it by hand is not a big deal, specially if it is nylon. That wise is an awesome upgrade for a crank machine.

Lakers4Life
05-06-2010, 05:32 PM
OP: I watched both videos, I agree with the other comments, you looked rushed. You seemed to pull the string too fast to the point your not watching the loops on the other end. Also, you have a starting clamp, but you did not use properly to start the crosses. I don't like using starting knots on the Crosses, but that is just me. Last thing, pulling knots, you seemed straining to pull knots, you don't need to pull so hard. I use the awl to wedge the string to keep tension, before I tie-off.

On a side note, the string clamps on your Alpha looks like Eagnas (PN-1012) 3 tooth clamps. Did that come with the machine? I have read that Eagnas clamps are not compatible with Alpha base clamps.

vinniedafoo18
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
OP: I watched both videos, I agree with the other comments, you looked rushed. You seemed to pull the string too fast to the point your not watching the loops on the other end. Also, you have a starting clamp, but you did not use properly to start the crosses. I don't like using starting knots on the Crosses, but that is just me. Last thing, pulling knots, you seemed straining to pull knots, you don't need to pull so hard. I use the awl to wedge the string to keep tension, before I tie-off.

On a side note, the string clamps on your Alpha looks like Eagnas (PN-1012) 3 tooth clamps. Did that come with the machine? I have read that Eagnas clamps are not compatible with Alpha base clamps.

I use Richard Parnell Knot as a starting knot, if you were prefering the double hitch knot I also do that but depend on which string because of elasticity wise. If you got a better way to use the starting clamp please do post a video and show me because that was how I was taught by a pro at Tennis Express.

Lakers4Life
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
YULitle's Video on Starting Crosses with a Starting Clamp. (http://www.youtube.com/yulitle#p/u/17/vIbR7OzJJ5k)

Parnell Knot is not a knot designed to have tension pulled on. Also you risk pulling the grommet back-out.

I only use the Parnell/Pro Knot to tie off.

karophiteblu
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
is that a better way of stringing compared to starting on one side of the frame and string your way across?

btw nice stringing! you string so fast!

Ambivalent
05-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Guys guys, it's obvious he wanted to show off his biceps!

JackB1
05-06-2010, 08:16 PM
How the heck did u learn to weave so fast like that!!!???
I am so jealous!

chicken nugget
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
**** you are da bomb ******

wrxtotoro
05-06-2010, 08:47 PM
a bit overkill on the knot but you are really fast on the weave.

zapvor
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM

yea i still think he was rushing. you can bascially see him yank the strings through. when i string i like to take my time. maybe i will post a vid of me on a Star3

TearSNFX
05-06-2010, 09:00 PM
GJ. You seem so tense when you're stringing lol. You could prolly string faster if you loosened up.

pvaudio
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
As others have said, it looks like you're rushing to make it seem as though you're a fast stringer. In fact, it just looks like you're rushing.

Lakers4Life
05-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Total time on Mains and Crosses, including mounting the frame, is 13 mins and 9 sec. That's pretty fast, IMHO.

pvaudio
05-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Total time on Mains and Crosses, including mounting the frame, is 13 mins and 9 sec. That's pretty fast, IMHO.
It's fast as ****, but it looks like someone has a gun to his head or is in some SAW V contraption that'll kill him if he doesn't get the frame done in 15 minutes or less.

"Hello, Vinnie. I'd like to play a little game. You've been known to string racquets for people in under 20 minutes. Let's see just how well you string this time around. Next to your head is a *insert SAW contraption here*. If you don't complete the last tie-off in under 15 minutes, the *insert ridiculous and overtly graphic SAW ending*.Your time starts now. Good luck."

:twisted:

decades
05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
want self punishment? are you a masochist? then step right up and post of a video of Yourself on TW forums, doing anything. :)

Preston
05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Man, in the second vid, the one where you string crosses, your forearm looks as big as your head sometimes.

Lakers4Life
05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
He could of used the YULitle trick and mount the camera on the handle of the racket or an overhead shot.

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 11:25 AM
How the heck did u learn to weave so fast like that!!!???
I am so jealous!

I been stringing for myself and friends since I was 16, and then my highschool team when I was on Varsity. Got a job at Sport Authority, Tennis Express, and Clarke Distributing, all stringing related job. You get better and faster as time go on if you keep doing what you love basically. ;D

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Guys guys, it's obvious he wanted to show off his biceps!

I laughed so hard hahahaha, thank you for making my day lmaoooo

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
GJ. You seem so tense when you're stringing lol. You could prolly string faster if you loosened up.

next time I'll get some food and music to jam too =O

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
It's fast as ****, but it looks like someone has a gun to his head or is in some SAW V contraption that'll kill him if he doesn't get the frame done in 15 minutes or less.

"Hello, Vinnie. I'd like to play a little game. You've been known to string racquets for people in under 20 minutes. Let's see just how well you string this time around. Next to your head is a *insert SAW contraption here*. If you don't complete the last tie-off in under 15 minutes, the *insert ridiculous and overtly graphic SAW ending*.Your time starts now. Good luck."

:twisted:

Hahahaha challenge is on sir ;D I m currently busy due to Final exams and other transferring issues. After I get all of that done I guess a new vid just for your challenge lol ;D

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 11:33 AM
He could of used the YULitle trick and mount the camera on the handle of the racket or an overhead shot.

I clip my phone on a coat hanger just to record these 2 vids hahahaha, sorry but we arent all pro status like YUlitle lol

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
YULitle's Video on Starting Crosses with a Starting Clamp. (http://www.youtube.com/yulitle#p/u/17/vIbR7OzJJ5k)

Parnell Knot is not a knot designed to have tension pulled on. Also you risk pulling the grommet back-out.

I only use the Parnell/Pro Knot to tie off.

I posted these videos in Grandslamstringer forum also and I haven't seen one complaint about my tie off using the starting clamps. I'm not saying what YUlitle did isn't right. I just stating there is more then one way to do it that isn't wrong. Until a grommet get pull back out by my method, I think I'll stick with what I was taught.

zapvor
05-07-2010, 01:13 PM
want self punishment? are you a masochist? then step right up and post of a video of Yourself on TW forums, doing anything. :)

lol. no he can string fast. it just looks rushed

Lakers4Life
05-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I posted these videos in Grandslamstringer forum also and I haven't seen one complaint about my tie off using the starting clamps. I'm not saying what YUlitle did isn't right. I just stating there is more then one way to do it that isn't wrong. Until a grommet get pull back out by my method, I think I'll stick with what I was taught.

Oh soo sorry Mr Foo!

BTW what's the use of using a starting clamp if you already have a knot? Next time I get a racket with a pulled grommet from some idiot who used a starting knot, I will post it. I'm not saying it came from TE, but it looks like bad technique.

rich s
05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
here's my two cents....

When stringing the mains.... pull 1L then 2L then pull 1R this way you don't have the clamp holding 1L preventing you from putting the clamp on 1R as close to the frame as possible. Also, why not use the starting clamp instead of the fixed clamp? You used it to snug the knots, why not use it for its intended purpose to start the mains?

Don't release the clamp on the previous string until the machine beeps. If the machine is only halfway thru the pull and you are releasing the clamp on the previous main, you can lose tension to equalization due to the fact the the string being pulled is at a lower tension than that of the string you are releasing the clamp from.

also, when you measured the string for the mains, you chunked the spool of string on the floor like a piece of trash and it looked like you threw the cutters after you cut the string from the spool.... not cool IMO.

Steve Huff
05-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Vinnie, how did you get 360 degree turn with the Wise? I added a Wise to my Alpha Apex, and I don't get 360 degree turntable. Did you raise the turntable at all? Just curious. Thanks.

Lakers4Life
05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't think he has an Apex, it looks more like an Axis Pro or a Revo 4000.

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh soo sorry Mr Foo!

BTW what's the use of using a starting clamp if you already have a knot? Next time I get a racket with a pulled grommet from some idiot who used a starting knot, I will post it. I'm not saying it came from TE, but it looks like bad technique.

instead of asking why don't you try it just once and find out yourself ;D

Lakers4Life
05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't practice bad technique. Besides you are the one posting a video of yourself stringing. You left the door open on that one Bro. If you don't like constructive criticism don't ask for it by posting a video.

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 06:53 PM
here's my two cents....

When stringing the mains.... pull 1L then 2L then pull 1R this way you don't have the clamp holding 1L preventing you from putting the clamp on 1R as close to the frame as possible. Also, why not use the starting clamp instead of the fixed clamp? You used it to snug the knots, why not use it for its intended purpose to start the mains?

Don't release the clamp on the previous string until the machine beeps. If the machine is only halfway thru the pull and you are releasing the clamp on the previous main, you can lose tension to equalization due to the fact the the string being pulled is at a lower tension than that of the string you are releasing the clamp from.

also, when you measured the string for the mains, you chunked the spool of string on the floor like a piece of trash and it looked like you threw the cutters after you cut the string from the spool.... not cool IMO.

Just curious if you use this machine before? even if i miss a little of tension on the previous string, that's why it's call constant pull, it pull tensions from the previous main/cross and pull it up to that setting

Sorry if me dropping the reel hurt your feeling, next time i ll lay it down nicely, there was like enough for maybe 2 more racket left why would it really matter -__-

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't practice bad technique. Besides you are the one posting a video of yourself stringing. You left the door open on that one Bro. If you don't like constructive criticism don't ask for it by posting a video.

lol I find it funny because no pro stringer is telling me it's wrong but just you. I highly doubt you are Sam Chan, David Palich, Tim Strawn or any other reputable stringer in the field so it's ok your "constructive criticism" doesn't change my mind, good day to you sir.

Mansewerz
05-07-2010, 06:59 PM
You release the clamp before the tension is reached on the string you tensioning (at least on the mains). By this method, you are losing unnecessary tensioning and not thoroughly tensioning the mains to get a faster time.

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 07:02 PM
You release the clamp before the tension is reached on the string you tensioning (at least on the mains). By this method, you are losing unnecessary tensioning and not thoroughly tensioning the mains to get a faster time.

really at what part in the video, can you type out the time for me??? some of you never even use this machine before, try it first before telling me that I release it way too fast, this is at my country club and I never had an unhappy customer

Lakers4Life
05-07-2010, 07:09 PM
BTW How old are you? 18? You got too much attitude for someone asking for help.

kensan
05-07-2010, 07:11 PM
You had a nice scheme going with the blue nike sleeveless and blue stringing machine, but for the crosses, that white shirt...so ghetto. bleh

Mansewerz
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
really at what part in the video, can you type out the time for me??? some of you never even use this machine before, try it first before telling me that I release it way too fast, this is at my country club and I never had an unhappy customer

No need to get defensive bro. Calm down.

1:47 in the first vid is the first example. it happens several more times as well.

it's bad practice as Rich S pointed out above.

And LF4L, his method of starting is a starting knot. What he did was back up the knot with a starting clamp to keep it from pulling into the grommet, which is the same thing YULitle recommends.

Visene77
05-07-2010, 07:38 PM
nice speed stringing......how do you want your bagel...hot or cold?

Totally just kiddin, thats some super fast weaving! Im the same way with my tie-offs....yank the crap out of them.

rich s
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Just curious if you use this machine before? even if i miss a little of tension on the previous string, that's why it's call constant pull, it pull tensions from the previous main/cross and pull it up to that setting

Sorry if me dropping the reel hurt your feeling, next time i ll lay it down nicely, there was like enough for maybe 2 more racket left why would it really matter -__-

I have to give you credit, I don't like watching video of me doing anything, let alone posting on the web for critique.....

Have I used the wise? yes, I own one since 2006. The machine beeps when it reaches the desired tension. You are removing the clamp from the previous string before the machine beeps.....on every string you pull, and by the fact that the machine is not clicking, I can tell that you are not in the pre-stretch mode, you're are in straight constant pull mode.

When you release the clamp early, the string you are removing the clamp from loses tension to the string you are pulling..... the constant pull function is not going to overcome the friction of the grommet to retension the second string... and again... by the fact that I don't hear the machine clicking means it's not readjusting tension.....

Does you throwing the reel and cutters hurt my feelings? No, but it reflects on you. If I were one of your club members and I saw you throw the reel and cutters like you did, you wouldn't touch any of my frames and I'd make sure to tell my friends not to let you touch their frames.

Perception can help you when it is good and hurt you when its bad.... the perception I get when I saw you chunk the reel and clippers was a bad one and successful people who are educated, intelligent and work hard and can afford a country/tennis club membership are quite keen on perception..... If their perception of you is bad.... you lose their business..... it's that simple......We may not be professional stringers (I'm a home/hobby stringer, you are a part time stringer at your club, etc) but it doesn't mean we can't act and conduct ourselves as professional stringer should/do.

Again, I give you great credit for posting your video. I don't know that I could do the same.... but take the comments as constructive.... and use them to improve your skill.

another of my $.02

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 08:22 PM
k thanx rich s ;D

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 08:25 PM
You had a nice scheme going with the blue nike sleeveless and blue stringing machine, but for the crosses, that white shirt...so ghetto. bleh

that white shirt was from tenniswarehouse it self for free when I order more than 150 buck from them for strings and shoes, and i like that shirt though, their recent one is another story =X

vinniedafoo18
05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
BTW How old are you? 18? You got too much attitude for someone asking for help.

"Greatness you always got someone who don't like you. That's what greatness is" - Omarion

and as for a Laker fan you are

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection" guess who said that ;D

never ask for help, just comments and if I don't find it right then I'll reply =O

Visene77
05-07-2010, 09:35 PM
what happened to your sleeves?

chicken nugget
05-07-2010, 11:13 PM
what is the difference in stringing one piece and tow piece playing wise?

Lakers4Life
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
No need to get defensive bro. Calm down.

1:47 in the first vid is the first example. it happens several more times as well.

it's bad practice as Rich S pointed out above.

And LF4L, his method of starting is a starting knot. What he did was back up the knot with a starting clamp to keep it from pulling into the grommet, which is the same thing YULitle recommends.

He is a bit touchie and an arrogant git.

As for using the starting clamp to back up a starting knot on the crosses. First a Parnell Knot is not meant for pulling tension upon, YULitle mentioned that. Bulky or True Starting Knots are used for that purpose and can still pull a grommet back-out. Second it's redundant to put a Starting Clamp after the knot. If the knot pulls thru the grommet, the damage is done. The Starting clamp is useless in that situation. Time to start over.

"Greatness you always got someone who don't like you. That's what greatness is" - Omarion

and as for a Laker fan you are

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection" guess who said that ;D

never ask for help, just comments and if I don't find it right then I'll reply =O

"The Fundimentals never change" M. Jordan

I never said I dis-liked you, but your vanity preceeds you. You post a video to massage your ego. Self imposed "greatness". Bullocks

You asked for comments and you got them. You just don't like the criticism.

vinniedafoo18
05-08-2010, 12:45 AM

As for using the starting clamp to back up a starting knot on the crosses. First a Parnell Knot is not meant for pulling tension upon, YULitle mentioned that. Bulky or True Starting Knots are used for that purpose and can still pull a grommet back-out. Second it's redundant to put a Starting Clamp after the knot. If the knot pulls thru the grommet, the damage is done. The Starting clamp is useless in that situation. Time to start over.

haha it's not that I don't appreciate the comments, just that I don't think you really know what you are saying. I have been stringing for 6 years now, and I have never seen or have a knot pulls through the grommet when tensioning the starting knot. You on the other hand seem to be super anal about that =X just saying, and the method is use by the pro themselves. I happen to know two of them that string for the Wilson team at the 2009 U.S.Open

self imposed "greatness" yes it is ;D I lol

alcheng
05-08-2010, 02:30 AM
I been stringing for myself and friends since I was 16, and then my highschool team when I was on Varsity. Got a job at Sport Authority, Tennis Express, and Clarke Distributing, all stringing related job. You get better and faster as time go on if you keep doing what you love basically. ;D

haha it's not that I don't appreciate the comments, just that I don't think you really know what you are saying. I have been stringing for 6 years now, and I have never seen or have a knot pulls through the grommet when tensioning the starting knot. You on the other hand seem to be super anal about that =X just saying, and the method is use by the pro themselves. I happen to know two of them that string for the Wilson team at the 2009 U.S.Open

So you have a fancy resume here, you know two of the many stringers[B] in the Wilson Team, in [B]one of the many tournaments. WOW!!!

You started stringing when you are 16, how old are you now?

You've been working at so many place, full time or part time?

You think your stringing skills is almost perfect, tell you what kid, I've seen MANY pros strings much better/ faster than you some 20+ years ago with a Crank Machine.

So what's your point of posting your videos here? Just to hear people praising your stringing skills??

kid, I'll praise you then....

You are fast, but not that fast compare to many other pros
You are good, but not better than many others
Your Videos are enjoyable, but not as much as I enjoy and as much as I can learn from many others on U-Tube

I praise you, you happy??

cheers

Ash_Smith
05-08-2010, 04:59 AM
So basically you posted your video (with your comment about pulling too hard on the knots - which is the first feedback you got on GSS) wanting everybody to go "wow, you're such an amazing stringer - look how fast you are" etc etc. But when some other excellent stringers offer you constructive feedback you get all defensive?

I'm pretty sure that no pro-stringer pull tension on anything other than a starting (bulky) knot - most will use the starting clamp on the outside of the frame.

Also, as others have said - the machine beeps for a reason - that's when tension is reached - so you know when to release the clamp. Wait the extra second, sure it might hurt your time but you'll be a better quality stringer because of it. Afterall, time measn jack-all when it comes to stringing - quality is what counts.

Oh, and to quantify my comments I was trained by the guy who ran the Bow Brand Wimbledon String Team - is that better than knowing a guy who strung at the US Open? It certainly doesn't mean I have nothing left to learn.

Oh, and as we're posting quotes: "It's the things you learn after you think you know everything that are truly important"

rich s
05-08-2010, 07:15 AM
k thanx rich s ;D

you're welcome..... again... I gotta give you a lot of credit..... I couldn't post my video for others to critique....

vinniedafoo18
05-08-2010, 10:42 AM
So basically you posted your video (with your comment about pulling too hard on the knots - which is the first feedback you got on GSS) wanting everybody to go "wow, you're such an amazing stringer - look how fast you are" etc etc. But when some other excellent stringers offer you constructive feedback you get all defensive?

I'm pretty sure that no pro-stringer pull tension on anything other than a starting (bulky) knot - most will use the starting clamp on the outside of the frame.

Also, as others have said - the machine beeps for a reason - that's when tension is reached - so you know when to release the clamp. Wait the extra second, sure it might hurt your time but you'll be a better quality stringer because of it. Afterall, time measn jack-all when it comes to stringing - quality is what counts.

Oh, and to quantify my comments I was trained by the guy who ran the Bow Brand Wimbledon String Team - is that better than knowing a guy who strung at the US Open? It certainly doesn't mean I have nothing left to learn.

Oh, and as we're posting quotes: "It's the things you learn after you think you know everything that are truly important"
awesome thanx =D

vinniedafoo18
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
So you have a fancy resume here, you know two of the many stringers[B] in the Wilson Team, in [B]one of the many tournaments. WOW!!!

You started stringing when you are 16, how old are you now?

You've been working at so many place, full time or part time?

You think your stringing skills is almost perfect, tell you what kid, I've seen MANY pros strings much better/ faster than you some 20+ years ago with a Crank Machine.

So what's your point of posting your videos here? Just to hear people praising your stringing skills??

kid, I'll praise you then....

You are fast, but not that fast compare to many other pros
You are good, but not better than many others
Your Videos are enjoyable, but not as much as I enjoy and as much as I can learn from many others on U-Tube

I praise you, you happy??

cheers

ty for the half bash half compliments, that was clever, but from the post that you don't even know what string to stock up for your inventory meaning you haven't work in the field very long, and yea like I would sit here all day and list out all the tournaments they go string at -___- but then again I just wanted to start some raging on here for fun, and thx for calling me kid make me feel young compare to what my friend call me now a day ;D and my skill suck compare to those I have learn from, just felt like being a ****** on forum lol go sue me =P

rich s
05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
"It's the things you learn after you think you know everything that are truly important"

That's a keeper...... I like that a lot!

jackson vile
05-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Wow, tennis players and even stringers are A-Holes LOL

If you really want you could use a string metere to help guage your string job. Don't let people destroy your creativity.

Anyways, I thought you did a great job. Rather than some jerk comment I have a question, do you feel that machine is holding you back at all? From what I saw you could string even faster with a stringing machine that is better suited for you.

I would very much like to see you string a capped Prestige with a co-poly.

Lastly who has the recored for fastest string job?

alcheng
05-08-2010, 01:20 PM
ty for the half bash half compliments, that was clever, but from the post that you don't even know what string to stock up for your inventory meaning you haven't work in the field very long, and yea like I would sit here all day and list out all the tournaments they go string at -___- but then again I just wanted to start some raging on here for fun, and thx for calling me kid make me feel young compare to what my friend call me now a day ;D and my skill suck compare to those I have learn from, just felt like being a ****** on forum lol go sue me =P

What makes a stringer? To know what kind of string to stock, or to know how to string a racquet?

Will you call yourself a stringer if you every single type of string in stock but you don't know how to string?

You can be a good stringer even if you don't have a single pack of string in stock.

BTW, watching your video, seeing you throw your tools and strings around doesn't hurt me, but showing me how a messy stringer you are. Seeing you pull the strings so hard through the grommet, makes me realize how much you don't care about the strings.

Lastly, I call you a 'kid', not because want to make you feel young, because you are immature, you'll probably stay as a 'kid' forever if your attitude stays like this.

Please be a bit humble and open-minded, otherwise you're always the frog at the bottom of a well.

cheers

ps did you ask me to sue you?? for what??

vinniedafoo18
05-08-2010, 01:27 PM
What makes a stringer? To know what kind of string to stock, or to know how to string a racquet?

Will you call yourself a stringer if you every single type of string in stock but you don't know how to string?

You can be a good stringer even if you don't have a single pack of string in stock.

BTW, watching your video, seeing you throw your tools and strings around doesn't hurt me, but showing me how a messy stringer you are. Seeing you pull the strings so hard through the grommet, makes me realize how much you don't care about the strings.

Lastly, I call you a 'kid', not because want to make you feel young, because you are immature, you'll probably stay as a 'kid' forever if your attitude stays like this.

Please be a bit humble and open-minded, otherwise you're always the frog at the bottom of a well.

cheers

ps did you ask me to sue you?? for what??

just shhhh you don't know me and I don't know you, as I stated I just wanted to rage on here for fun as a joke, you have have to go all out getting offensive about it cause I sure aren't ;D quick question uMad??? LOL

vinniedafoo18
05-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow, tennis players and even stringers are A-Holes LOL

If you really want you could use a string metere to help guage your string job. Don't let people destroy your creativity.

Anyways, I thought you did a great job. Rather than some jerk comment I have a question, do you feel that machine is holding you back at all? From what I saw you could string even faster with a stringing machine that is better suited for you.

I would very much like to see you string a capped Prestige with a co-poly.

Lastly who has the recored for fastest string job?

Ty for your words, uhhh I strung on the Babolat 5 Star for about a year and it was awesome imo but the one I'm using is fine just need to fix some of my habits for the good according to the critique up in here (it's just two videos maybe next time I'll make you fall in love with my skill??? idk LOL).

Would really love to try out the Baiardo or my two dream machines atm the Top Serve Precision 700

http://www.********tennis.com/catalogue/c3/p9

and this Gosen GM-2000EX

http://www.photostringer.com/images/gosen_GM2000EX_061115-001a.jpg

David123
05-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Can i ask you why you'd post a vid of you driving?

Mansewerz
05-08-2010, 02:43 PM

"The Fundimentals never change" M. Jordan

I never said I dis-liked you, but your vanity preceeds you. You post a video to massage your ego. Self imposed "greatness". Bullocks

Hmm, I didn't realize that he used a parnell knot, I didn't pay enough attention. You're right in that case.

BUT.....a starting clamp is meant to keep the "damage from being done." It keeps the knot from slipping into the grommet. Again, it's a moot point if the knot is the improper one.

Dude, why are you so full of it? Why did you even ask for criticism?

You used an improper knot. Sure, i've done it before when I accidently did the wrong tension on the crosses and realized after removing my starting clamp, but I know it's wrong.

lionel_101
05-08-2010, 03:07 PM
here's my two cents....

I looked at the video and it looked more to me that he just dropped the reel on the floor and started to measure it out. Of course the the reel will bounce around a lot on the floor when pulling string from it. I pull string from a reel when it is on the floor, when I am sitting down and it just bounces around like crazy, but does no harm and should be of no concern to anyone.

It looked like he threw his string snippers across the room, but I then noticed that he put something under the turntable. I think this is where he keeps his tools and where he returned his snippers. What was seen might have just been his normal motion after cutting the string to get the string away.

Sometimes you don't get the actual facts from just a video.

I thought it was a good and clear video, except for the second one which made me seasick from the camera moving on the hanger most of the time.

Lindsay
05-08-2010, 04:21 PM

No one @ the US Open uses that method for starting crosses.

rich s
05-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I looked at the video and it looked more to me that he just dropped the reel on the floor and started to measure it out. Of course the the reel will bounce around a lot on the floor when pulling string from it. I pull string from a reel when it is on the floor, when I am sitting down and it just bounces around like crazy, but does no harm and should be of no concern to anyone.

It looked like he threw his string snippers across the room, but I then noticed that he put something under the turntable. I think this is where he keeps his tools and where he returned his snippers. What was seen might have just been his normal motion after cutting the string to get the string away.

Sometimes you don't get the actual facts from just a video.

I thought it was a good and clear video, except for the second one which made me seasick from the camera moving on the hanger most of the time.

yeah... after looking at it a few more times it looks like he pulls the string out of the spool like a yo yo and the spool goes flying onto the floor.

and at first it does lool like he throws the clippers but then he drops them into the tray.....

I don't have issue with the spool spinning on the floor when you pull the string out..... it does the same when I pull string from mine... but he could have just as easily placed it on the floor rather than let it spin like a yo yo and bounce..... the string doesn't get damaged but it just doesn't look professional..... it looks careless...... same with dropping the cutters in the tray.... he could have just as easily placed them there but he dropped them.......

my main point was that these two actions look careless..... and to people who are perceptive... it weighs negatively..... and could affect his business..... we can act like professionals even though we are not professional stringers.....

thanks for pointing those out to me...... :)

drakulie
05-08-2010, 06:20 PM
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/shibby2112/Abe.gif (http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/shibby2112/Abe.gif)

willdog123
05-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Do you have to use 2 clamps (flying) when stringing the crosses (one piece), because you can easily get the job done with just one clamp?
Thanks

jackson vile
05-09-2010, 08:09 AM
yeah... after looking at it a few more times it looks like he pulls the string out of the spool like a yo yo and the spool goes flying onto the floor.

and at first it does lool like he throws the clippers but then he drops them into the tray.....

I don't have issue with the spool spinning on the floor when you pull the string out..... it does the same when I pull string from mine... but he could have just as easily placed it on the floor rather than let it spin like a yo yo and bounce..... the string doesn't get damaged but it just doesn't look professional..... it looks careless...... same with dropping the cutters in the tray.... he could have just as easily placed them there but he dropped them.......

my main point was that these two actions look careless..... and to people who are perceptive... it weighs negatively..... and could affect his business..... we can act like professionals even though we are not professional stringers.....

thanks for pointing those out to me...... :)

What whiners, seriously. You are all angry because his style is not the same as yours. Why does a stringer have to be so boring and mundane, I want to see an insane video of a stringer just going balls out!!!

People should not hate just because someone younger than them can do just as well if not better than them.

rich s
05-09-2010, 10:01 AM
What whiners, seriously. You are all angry because his style is not the same as yours. Why does a stringer have to be so boring and mundane, I want to see an insane video of a stringer just going balls out!!!

People should not hate just because someone younger than them can do just as well if not better than them.

no one is hating.... he asked for critique.... i offered.... he thanked me.... go back and read previous posts.....

what value is your post adding?

decades
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
when you post a video of yourself on TT forums, it tends to bring out the worst in people here. It's the only place 5.0s become 4.0s overnight.

alcheng
05-09-2010, 03:35 PM
when you post a video of yourself on TT forums, it tends to bring out the worst in people here. It's the only place 5.0s become 4.0s overnight.

I think it brings out both, I've seen people says he is good, and I've seen people says he is bad.

I am both, I am impressed by his speed, but also stunned by his arrogant attitude.

If you don't want people offer you comments/ critiques/ opinions/ advices/ suggestion that you don't like to hear, next time please state the titles as below:

"Video of Me Stringing, Praising Comments Only."

That would place you from a 2.0s to a 5.0s overnight.

No offense, just a suggestion to make things go smoothly in the future.

cheers
:)

Steezmuffin
05-09-2010, 11:44 PM
but he could have just as easily placed it on the floor rather than let it spin like a yo yo and bounce..... the string doesn't get damaged but it just doesn't look professional..... it looks careless...... same with dropping the cutters in the tray.... he could have just as easily placed them there but he dropped them.......

that's a reach. I drop clippers and stuff all the time. It doesn't make a difference.

rich s
05-10-2010, 07:46 AM
that's a reach. I drop clippers and stuff all the time. It doesn't make a difference.

to you.....

drakulie
05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
I have to agree with Rich S here. It does indeed look careless, innappropriate, and unprofessional.

I'm quite certain the players I string for, whom give me their reels to hold would not be too happy if they saw me throwing their property around.

BTW, the videos seem to have been taken down.

rich s
05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
I have to agree with Rich S here. It does indeed look careless, innappropriate, and unprofessional.

I'm quite certain the players I string for, whom give me their reels to hold would not be too happy if they saw me throwing their property around.

BTW, the videos seem to have been taken down.

thanks Drak!

drakulie
05-10-2010, 08:17 AM
thanks Drak!

No problem. I could just imagine, that if Rick Leach (9 time grand slam winner) saw me acting like this, I wouldn't have received a personal phone call from him to string up his frames. You have to present yourself as professional, and caring,,,,,,,, not only about the customer but about how clean your workspace is, your attitude towards equipment, etc. Perception goes a long way.

I also don't agree that dropping/tossing a reel of string doesn't do any damage. On the contrary, it could easily crack the casing, and again, a lot of my clients who give me their reels to hold on to for them, would not be happy if they saw me treating my or someone elses property this way.

jackson vile
05-10-2010, 11:10 AM

That is right, all the haters come out LOL The thing is they feel threatened and the only way they can bring you down to their level is to nitpick things outside of the stringing jobs ie how you handled the spool, how you were dressed, too this or too that, etc.

People need to get a life, guys asked for critique for the string job, end of story. There is a difference between doing something wrong and having a different style. You can't say a style is wrong or right.

As for commenting on the pulling of the knots, that is fine and valid, I had nothing to say about that.

jackson vile
05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
no one is hating.... he asked for critique.... i offered.... he thanked me.... go back and read previous posts.....

what value is your post adding?

You are discussing how the guy handles an almost finished spool of string as opposed to the actual string, and you are asking what value I am adding???

You need a reality check LOL

rich s
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
You are discussing how the guy handles an almost finished spool of string as opposed to the actual string, and you are asking what value I am adding???

How he handles an almost finished reel of string is directly indicative of how he handles everything else (seen and unseen).......

I think Drak addressed this too......

Thanks for reminding me why I started stringing my own racquets in the first place..........

jim e
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
The poster asked for advise on his video, and he got some. Remember that this was a video that he is showing the world, and being as is, I would think that all would be the best and professional as possible. What if it was not video shown would it be any different or any more sloppier? Makes one wonder. I think the responses should help as no matter how well anyone thinks they are, something can always be gained by others insights. Thats part of continuous learning.

Steezmuffin
05-10-2010, 10:14 PM
How he handles an almost finished reel of string is directly indicative of how he handles everything else (seen and unseen).......

I think Drak addressed this too......

Thanks for reminding me why I started stringing my own racquets in the first place..........

There is just no way to know this at all. There is absolutely no reason to treat a real of lux like it is a baby. On the other hand when that VS come out of the packet it's not like I'm throwing it on the ground. As long as the actual string is taken care of there is no reason why the stringer needs to act like a total nerd during the stringing process. I was stringing customer racquets today to the three 6 mafia pandora channel. Is this a problem too?

themitchmann
05-11-2010, 04:20 AM
I was stringing customer racquets today to the three 6 mafia pandora channel. Is this a problem too?

Yes. ;)

Yeah, the vid is listed as private. I was hoping to check it out...

drakulie
05-11-2010, 05:41 AM

There is just no way to know this at all. There is absolutely no reason to treat a real of lux like it is a baby.

There is also no need to throw it around either. A simple placing it down will suffice.

rich s
05-11-2010, 07:51 AM
There is just no way to know this at all. There is absolutely no reason to treat a real of lux like it is a baby. On the other hand when that VS come out of the packet it's not like I'm throwing it on the ground. As long as the actual string is taken care of there is no reason why the stringer needs to act like a total nerd during the stringing process. I was stringing customer racquets today to the three 6 mafia pandora channel. Is this a problem too?

The OP releases clamps before the machine beeps, he pulls string thru grommets without checking to see if the string is twisted/kinked/etc against the frame and tensions it, he unwinds the string from the reel like a yo-yo or like he's starting a lawnmower and allows it bouce around on the floor and he cuts the string and throws the live end onto the floor and you can again hear the spool bounce around (which I orginally mistook for him throwing the cutters in my first post)..... so now you have the spool lying on the floor with who knows how many feet of string hanging out it lying on the floor too AND he makes no effort to pick it up, move it, etc.... for all you know he is standing on the string that is out of the spool...

No way to know this at all.... yeah ok..... seems like a serious lack of attention to detail to me.....

AND.... whether it is a $270 spool of Lux, $40 set of VS or $29 spool of Gosen OG Sheep Micro.... I'd treat it all the same

Like I said to JV... thanks for reminding me why I started stringing my own rackets....

Let's hope your doctor, the airline pilot on your next vaction, the mechanic who fixes your brakes, etc pay a little better attention to detail....

alcheng
05-11-2010, 08:35 AM
The OP releases clamps before the machine beeps, he pulls string thru grommets without checking to see if the string is twisted/kinked/etc against the frame and tensions it, he unwinds the string from the reel like a yo-yo or like he's starting a lawnmower and allows it bouce around on the floor and he cuts the string and throws the live end onto the floor and you can again hear the spool bounce around (which I orginally mistook for him throwing the cutters in my first post)..... so now you have the spool lying on the floor with who knows how many feet of string hanging out it lying on the floor too AND he makes no effort to pick it up, move it, etc.... for all you know he is standing on the string that is out of the spool...

No way to know this at all.... yeah ok..... seems like a serious lack of attention to detail to me.....

AND.... whether it is a $270 spool of Lux, $40 set of VS or $29 spool of Gosen OG Sheep Micro.... I'd treat it all the same

Like I said to JV... thanks for reminding me why I started stringing my own rackets....

Let's hope your doctor, the airline pilot on your next vaction, the mechanic who fixes your brakes, etc pay a little better attention to detail....

rich s, you hit the bulls eye, great job and well written.

drakulie
05-11-2010, 08:44 AM
^^^agree. why he is getting flack is beyond me. He has been very respectful, honest, and most importantly, if the OP wants to improve, Rich S has been extremely helpful in offering advice.

chrisplchs
05-11-2010, 11:23 AM
From what I remembered of his video, his technique worries me more than anything else. Starting crosses like that is dangerous. That is the top issue at hand. Also, weaving could be better and less stressful to the string. The way he starts his mains has been an issue with some tour players I know. He doesn't have enough room to clamp both 1L and 1R right against the frame. One might claim constant pull mechanism will alleviate that issue on the next pull but through testing and feedback, I found that a lot of pros noticed that their middle mains seem looser.

As for Reel-gate, reels get thrown around. Actually, thrown is a bad word. Reels get placed on the floor and then you measure string and cut. I've never seen an guy at an ATP event hold a reel and unwind. That is just slow is molasses. Can the reel bounce around on the floor? sometimes if it has been previously tangled. But the general rule is that you avoid leaving string on the floor when you are stringing.

But what do I know, I've only been invited to string at multiple Slams

pug
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM

I agree 100%.

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Try throw the reel around against the wall, that should REALLY get the strings ready for whats coming with the tension

Don't clamp the racket in place, just lay it down and let it fly!

;P

I hope these are your own rackets vincent

zapvor
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
From what I remembered of his video, his technique worries me more than anything else. Starting crosses like that is dangerous. That is the top issue at hand. Also, weaving could be better and less stressful to the string. The way he starts his mains has been an issue with some tour players I know. He doesn't have enough room to clamp both 1L and 1R right against the frame. One might claim constant pull mechanism will alleviate that issue on the next pull but through testing and feedback, I found that a lot of pros noticed that their middle mains seem looser.

As for Reel-gate, reels get thrown around. Actually, thrown is a bad word. Reels get placed on the floor and then you measure string and cut. I've never seen an guy at an ATP event hold a reel and unwind. That is just slow is molasses. Can the reel bounce around on the floor? sometimes if it has been previously tangled. But the general rule is that you avoid leaving string on the floor when you are stringing.

But what do I know, I've only been invited to string at multiple Slams

i hold the reel and unwind...:(

chrisplchs
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
i hold the reel and unwind...:(

I wouldn't say it is wrong.. just slow and cumbersome for me

vinniedafoo18
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM

I been away for awhile due to final exams, and rich s this comment made me lol, I'm in school to be an airline pilot one day, does this scare your thoughts of flying in the future??? hahaha ;D

Steezmuffin
05-15-2010, 07:32 AM
The OP releases clamps before the machine beeps

And how would you loose tension on a constant pull if the next main is already pulling. It's not physically possible. And If I had my star 5 set to beep I would kill someone.

rich s
05-16-2010, 01:45 PM
And how would you loose tension on a constant pull if the next main is already pulling. It's not physically possible.

If the machine is still pulling (ie - hasn't beeped) the tension of the string being pulled is below that of the previous clamped string, because of the difference in tension the string at the higher tension is going to equalize with the string being pulled, thus it will lose tension.... the tensioner on the machine will not overcome the friction of the grommets to re-tighten the string that the clamp was removed from because the friction at the grommet is too great and gets greater as the tension of the pulled string increases.....

to say the previously tensioned string doesn't lose tension to the string being pulled before the machine reaches final tension would be like saying ice cubes don't melt when you remove them from the freezer or air stays in a balloon if you don't tie a knot in it.. :)