PDA

View Full Version : The Yellowjacket Hybrid

pvaudio
05-06-2010, 02:12 PM
:twisted:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1889/img2133xa.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2477/img2135h.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8127/img2138x.jpg

Wilson Kblade 93, Spiky Shark mains, PS Spiral Flex Black crosses. Let's just hope it plays well hah!

So far, this is my best looking string job (not quality wise, aesthetics wise). What's your personal favorite looking string job?

Pwned
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Boss !

ODYSSEY Mk.4
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Looks sharp!

Preston
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Looks very good to my eyes. Good match to the frame!

The one I really enjoyed looking at was BM mains and PSGD purple crosses in my rebel. It obviously didn't match my frame, and I didn't love how it played, but it looked good regardless of all of the above.

Currently the rebel has Typhoon mains and maxim touch crosses. Looke decent, but I'm about to string up the other with spiral flex black crosses and tyhpoon mains. I think that will look very sharp! Maybe i'll get a pic posted.

P

Aerogel
05-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Haha that hybrid is looking pretty sick
Personally, I like uniform color string beds, like a setup that's all red or all black.. best looking imo

pvaudio
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Looks very good to my eyes. Good match to the frame!

The one I really enjoyed looking at was BM mains and PSGD purple crosses in my rebel. It obviously didn't match my frame, and I didn't love how it played, but it looked good regardless of all of the above.

Currently the rebel has Typhoon mains and maxim touch crosses. Looke decent, but I'm about to string up the other with spiral flex black crosses and tyhpoon mains. I think that will look very sharp! Maybe i'll get a pic posted.

PMmm, I've got one of the free sets of typhoon from TD. Haven't played with it yet though. However, the stick in the picture is my sister's and we're playing combo mixed dubs in a tourney this weekend, so if it sucks, then not only was the string choice bad, but we also lost partly because of it :lol:

schenkelini
05-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Anything that looks that good must play well.

JT_2eighty
05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
So far, this is my best looking string job (not quality wise, aesthetics wise). What's your personal favorite looking string job?

When i was using the same kbt, msv hex mains (black) and sppp crosses (orange) looked just as sweet.

I guess I could call it "The Bengal", or something.

iTennis2609
05-06-2010, 05:08 PM
This is sick! If it plays well, I'm sold lol

Uvijek Argen
05-06-2010, 05:19 PM
pvaudio-Let me know how those Pro Supex Synthetic Gut Spiral Flex work in the crosses. I'm happy with what I'm using in the crosses,but I'm very interested about those ones. What tension did you used?

Thanks in advance.

ManuGinobili
05-06-2010, 07:15 PM
The first pic, if you turn it sideways, it kinda looks like a brick wall.

...i drug i'm not on swear!!

pvaudio
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
This is sick! If it plays well, I'm sold lol
If we win, then I'm sold too LOL :lol:

pvaudio
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
pvaudio-Let me know how those Pro Supex Synthetic Gut Spiral Flex work in the crosses. I'm happy with what I'm using in the crosses,but I'm very interested about those ones. What tension did you used?

Thanks in advance.
Strung at 57/60. What? Crosses being strung HIGHER? Blasphemy, you say? Nope, if you haven't used them, Kirschbaum strings are very soft so there's no reason to soften up the string bed to the point that it loses feel. The spiral flex should take the edge off of the poly so that it feels more like a ridiculously spinny multifilament and not a poly.

And ask iTennis how it works because she's the one who's going to be using it :lol:

pvaudio
05-06-2010, 07:58 PM
When i was using the same kbt, msv hex mains (black) and sppp crosses (orange) looked just as sweet.

I guess I could call it "The Bengal", or something.
:shock: I do want to see a picture of this. I do have reels of both strings, but unfortunately, my MSV is in red :-?

pvaudio
05-07-2010, 06:53 AM
:( I want to see more pictures :(

Preston
05-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Mmm, I've got one of the free sets of typhoon from TD. Haven't played with it yet though. However, the stick in the picture is my sister's and we're playing combo mixed dubs in a tourney this weekend, so if it sucks, then not only was the string choice bad, but we also lost partly because of it :lol:

I think it will play just fine. A decent amount of people like spike shark, and I know from experience that spiralflex is just a fabulous syngut.

pvaudio
05-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Looks like you're right! The Yellowjacket Hybrid was good enough to win the women's open singles at the Purdue tournament this weekend!