PDA

View Full Version : Difference

SuperDuy
05-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Will it make much of a difference if I play with full poly instead of a hybrid. Right now I am using Wilson Sensation Crosses, babolat pro hurricane mains. I am wondering if it will make much of a difference if I play with full bed of pro hurricane. Wilson Sensation seems to only last me a few days now on my PD. Will I gain much more spin or it wont be a noticable amount, will I have more pain in the arm.

Thanks!

LeeD
05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Problem becomes,....you can notice a difference, but it's your swing and technique that ultimately gives you the power, spin, depth, and control.
I've mentioned many times I use PrinceTourneyNylon 15 gauge.
My buds all use some hybrid combo of different Luxilon's, some BB's, mixed with thinner crosses. They're religious in noting exact tension, how it plays, how they played.
We often switch rackets for a hit, maybe 5 minutes or 30 strokes around.
Both say the other's setup is OK. Both of us hit just fine with the other's stringjob and different racket.
Then we go back to our own racket and strings.
This is 4-5.0 levels, the other guys string their own rackets.

SuperDuy
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the reply leed, I know its tecnique to actually feel a difference or not, but I will try the full poly and see how it goes. Now I am breaking strings too fast for my liking. I just have to see how my arm feels after the first few hits.

Switching racquets... Some peoples I tried are good for me some arnt, few weeks ago I tried some guys Head YOUTEK Speed and it even felt better then mine, I should of demo'd before I went out and bought a racquet, although no demos around. Stiffness of that racquet felt very good, pretty soft compared to my Pure Drive. Im kicking my self now for buying this racquet, should of went with a softer, fast swing, low power level. Not a tweener stick!

String your own... well I was looking into a stringer untill I saw the cost of a reel of PHT, although my stringer costs $8 bucks to string, It would take a while to be even, dont have much people to string for either.

How'd your buds like your dunlop with PrinceTourneyNylon? Read the customer reviews, some liked it some didn't.

ManuGinobili
05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Full PHT on a Pure Drive is like taking a hammer and slam it on your elbow... multiple times.

If you're going to try full poly at least try a soft poly. And yes there will be a very noticeable difference

pheonix6579
05-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Full PHT on a Pure Drive is like taking a hammer and slam it on your elbow... multiple times.

If you're going to try full poly at least try a soft poly. And yes there will be a very noticeable difference

It really depends on what tension you have them at. I had PHT on my PDR @57 and I didn't have arm pain. Spin was much better. The overall bed feel is a little stiffer feeling but overall not that huge of a jump.

SuperDuy
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
ok, since you guys have experience with this, I will just stick to my current. Although is there other multi's more durable then wilson sensation?

davidahenry
05-08-2010, 07:02 AM
If you are already having arm problems with a poly hybrid, then I don't suggest trying full poly.

If your arm is good, then give full poly a try at least once to see how you like it. The difference between full poly and a poly hybrid is significant.

I personally love full poly. I've tried a couple of poly hybrids over the last two years, and I quickly go back to full poly. For me, it is that much better.

Everyone is differrent though, so just give it a try and judge for yourself. Good luck.

Take care.

DH