PDA

View Full Version : Babolat XCel Power vs. Wilson NXT Tour

karophiteblu
05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Which one would you choose? I am planning on putting one of them as my cross with lux alu rough on mains. Should I get a 16 or 17 gauge for the cross? I'm not really a string breaker by the way. Anyone have experience with both?

Thanks!!

kiteboard
05-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Global gut on the mains better than either.

karophiteblu
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I would agree, but I'm on a budget. I currently have gut as mains, just to try it out once, but so far I am not liking it too much. I don't know why. I prefer poly as mains. and a multi as cross

parasailing
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Which one would you choose? I am planning on putting one of them as my cross with lux alu rough on mains. Should I get a 16 or 17 gauge for the cross? I'm not really a string breaker by the way. Anyone have experience with both?

Thanks!!

I have hit with both in 17gauge and I prefer Babolat Xcel Power over NXT Tour.

The Xcel Power is a bit softer and the NXT Tour is more crisp. As far as power, I would give it to the Xcel Power.

karophiteblu
05-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I have hit with both in 17gauge and I prefer Babolat Xcel Power over NXT Tour.

The Xcel Power is a bit softer and the NXT Tour is more crisp. As far as power, I would give it to the Xcel Power.

OK, thanks!

parasailing
05-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Both are good strings however so it really depends on the player. I use a KPS 88 which is a stiff racquet so the extra comfort helps.

ClubHoUno
05-07-2010, 01:43 AM
I prefer Xcel Power 17 :)

You should also try Tecnifibre X-One 17 and NRG2 17.

All these are the best NON GUT FEEL strings out there IMHO :)

parasailing
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I prefer Xcel Power 17 :)

You should also try Tecnifibre X-One 17 and NRG2 17.

All these are the best NON GUT FEEL strings out there IMHO :)

I prefer X-one over Xcel Power but haven't tried NRG2, is it better than X-one?

ClubHoUno
05-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I prefer X-one over Xcel Power but haven't tried NRG2, is it better than X-one?

I also prefer X-One 17 as my main string for my wet weather racquet.
Xcel Power 17 is a bit more muted and soft in feel and NRG2 17 is some where in between Xcel Power and X-One in my view......

karophiteblu
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah I have a fairly medium-stiff racket, kblade 98. flex is 67 right? I currently have a wrist problem and it's in the process of healing. When I break my strings, I want to have something to soften up my racket. Say, what tension would you use with the X-One?

karophiteblu
05-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I looked that the x-one rouge. does the red color make the string not as good as the natural colored one?

Valjean
05-08-2010, 02:36 AM
Yeah I have a fairly medium-stiff racket, kblade 98. flex is 67 right? I currently have a wrist problem and it's in the process of healing. When I break my strings, I want to have something to soften up my racket....
Not sure what this is; why do you think it is healing up with the same setup that presumably gave it to you still in the racquet? I also wouldn't count on a mere change of cross string doing the job...

karophiteblu
05-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Not sure what this is; why do you think it is healing up with the same setup that presumably gave it to you still in the racquet? I also wouldn't count on a mere change of cross string doing the job...

Haha good point. Well, in the summer I had horrible form and I used all Lux. I had no problems at all. I used an extreme western grip which is really hard on my wrist. About 5 months ago I switched back to the normal forehand grip. Which I feel is much easier on my wrist. I have always used full poly. But I think I should change something which is a bit softer, but with similar feel to a full bed of poly.