PDA

View Full Version : super low powered, best holding tension poly??

Figjam
05-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey all, Im looking to set up one of my prestige mids with the lowest power set up a i can find.
I just need a racket for those days you're missing everything that no matter how hard you hit the ball it stays in, kinda so i can play pusher with out being a pusher, because i really cant play like a pusher.

Im putting Fusion 19 in the mains (considered the 16, but leaning toward the 19) will probably string the mains at 63 and crosses @65

I had a Radical OS that was strung @ 78 with Fusion 19.... Ball would barely get over the net.

I was going to use Big hitter, but then I remebered that X-force held tension better than any string i remeber and had a nice muted feel, might be easier on the arm then Big hitter.

any other suggestions?

THESEXPISTOL
05-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Just buy a frying pan. It will be cheap in a longterm.

Autodidactic player
05-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Hey all, Im looking to set up one of my prestige mids with the lowest power set up a i can find.
I just need a racket for those days you're missing everything that no matter how hard you hit the ball it stays in, kinda so i can play pusher with out being a pusher, because i really cant play like a pusher.

The string I've tried that plays most like your description is Golden Set Poly Hex. Very inexpensive, the Hex shape provides good spin for control and the string plays DEAD, DEAD, DEAD! I didn't like it but maybe you will. For about $5.00 a set and $60.00 a reel it's worth a try - especially if you string your own.

big bang
05-07-2010, 04:32 AM
red code is pretty stiff and dead, it holds tension great for a poly too.

ethebull
05-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Gamma Power Play 18 in the mains with a soft'ish poly in the crosses. LuxBBA and SPPP 1.18 are my favorites in this responsive but low powered combo. Works well in my Ozone Pro Tour at 55/57

JT_2eighty
05-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Gamma Power Play 18 in the mains with a soft'ish poly in the crosses. LuxBBA and SPPP 1.18 are my favorites in this responsive but low powered combo. Works well in my Ozone Pro Tour at 55/57

Was about to recommend almost the same thing. sppp 1.18 plays quite muted, would be a good cross with your kevlar mains, either powerplay or fusion, for the ultimate no-power setup. sppp is one of the best for holding tension, and with the kevlar basically playing dead from beginning to end, i'd say that's your pair.

decades
05-07-2010, 06:52 AM
red code 16

MuscleWeave
05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Gamma Zo Magic is very low powered and it holds tension very well. It doesn't do much else though; no spin or feel. Not bad on comfort. I have the red. The white may be different.