PDA

View Full Version : Topspin Cyber Color Family Review (Red, Blue, Flash, Black)

dantespark33
05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
So the newer Topspin strings have been out for quite a while already, and there is not much review on them so i thought i would write one up. I have only tried the sub 100 dollar reel strings, which are Topspin Cyber blue, black, red and flash, as i cannot yet afford the pentagonal strings. I've been playign with the newer ones for about 3 months, and i have been playing with blue and flash for a year.

Here is a short review of the strings so far (I'll update later when i get more playtime, and I'll eventually try out the more expensive strings.)

Cyber Flash: Very tinny, i hated this string. Absolutely no feel, and I've tried it in i think 3 different rackets, and each time the results sucked. Only good thing about it is the durability and the cost, other than that, not really much else unless you just pound the ball.

Cyber Red: really Crisp string like a cross between the black and blue, but less comfortable and less powerful than the blue. However it is a lot less stiff than the black. It actually feels a little bit like the big ace. This one is my favorite, I've used the blue for a year, and I'm thinking about changing over to this one.

Cyber Black: Really solid string, but pretty stiff too. I haven't had a problem with all of the other strings at 60 lbs, but for this one i actually have to string at a lower tension. Will get back to this after i lower it, I'll try 54.

Cyber blue: Extremely comfortable string, lots of power compared to the other three, however it does feel a bit mushy. This is my favorite and my main string though, I always end up comign to to it.

Preston
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the brief review. I've only hit concept pure out of the Topspin line, which might be a good one to add to your comparison of non-textured Topspin strings.

It was helpful to read a comparison of these strings in the same place by the same player.

i suck at tennis
05-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I also thought the Cyber Red was similar to Big Ace. I used to use Cyber Flash in the mains crossed with Gosen OG Micro and thought it was a really playable combo that offered good control and power.

Did you find the Black to be stiffer than Flash?

Kenny022593
05-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Where can i get these? I've looked on bird and mid but couldnt find them. Can I special order through TW?

stanfordtennis alum
05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Where can i get these? I've looked on bird and mid but couldnt find them. Can I special order through TW?

Try google! Here is the google link: http://tinyurl.com/2vye9wn

PROTENNIS63
05-07-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=topspin+cyber+red&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Kenny022593
05-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Try google! Here is the google link: http://tinyurl.com/2vye9wn

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=topspin+cyber+red&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Thank you for showing me this Google. I never knew about it. Is it recent?

stanfordtennis alum
05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Thank you for showing me this Google. I never knew about it. Is it recent?

no, it's been out for a while.. maybe 2 years or so

dantespark33
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I also thought the Cyber Red was similar to Big Ace. I used to use Cyber Flash in the mains crossed with Gosen OG Micro and thought it was a really playable combo that offered good control and power.

Did you find the Black to be stiffer than Flash?

Cyber Flash is way stiffer than the black. I will add concept pure next. I was looking at it, but decided to get another reel of blue instead.

davedomart
05-03-2011, 11:37 AM
how does red compare to flash in terms of durability?

Tyrus
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I am a lover of the Cyber Flash, stiff, resilient, great feel.

And in comparison Cyber Black had a softer...almost mushier feel to it.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
07-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I personally really like Cyber Flash 17, but am interested in trying Cyber Red. Black sounds too stiff, blue too mushy. You think Red is the way to go?