PDA

View Full Version : my first VS hybrid hurricane experience

markmdfw
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I am blown away by the difference my racket feels with this combo in a yonex 002 tour. I did the whole frame at 55, mains hurricane, and vs crosses, usually i string the crosses 2 pounds lighter.

I have had xcel, x-1, kgut 17, synth gut (prince), live wire pro.

I have to saw i can feel deeper pocketing and feel with this set up! I lost a bit of power that I had with live wire pro 18, and x-1.

However there is more action on the ball big time! I am still getting use to it but have to saw I like the way it feels, it feels buttery and makes my racket feel more smooth.

Anyone else have experiences? my racket seemed a bit stiff with the other strings. This really softened and it feels like it has more flex now!

Thanks Marcus

Pwned
05-07-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't get why people say it's a waste to try gut in the crosses. Changing the crosses changes the string bed feel a ton. I am waiting for Gauchos new strings to try gut in the crosses again. I am not liking OG sheep at all.

neverstopplaying
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't get why people say it's a waste to try gut in the crosses. Changing the crosses changes the string bed feel a ton. I am waiting for Gauchos new strings to try gut in the crosses again. I am not liking OG sheep at all.

I have done a few setups with Gaucho in the crosses. Very nice. I don't like syn gut and I find that multis are inconsistent during their short life. Right now though, I have a VS gut m's/Silverstring x's setup