PDA

View Full Version : Softening up the stringbed

njjohan
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Usually I string with Signum Pro Poly Plasma at 60lbs but last time I was at the stringers, they were out and they suggested Luxilon Alu Power Spin, again at 60lbs. While I am enjoying the results of this string on my play - I am able to swing hard a lot more confidently than before - the results for my shoulder are not so good. What are my options here, would stringing with a multi/ luxilon hybrid solve this problem or are there less abrasive strings that still allow for this degree of control?

Aerogel
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes, hybriding the luxilon with a syngut or multi will soften up the string bed and might get rid of your arm pain
you could possibly try a better dampener first

scotus
05-07-2010, 05:19 PM
It is always a compromise.

You can try a hybrid with a softer string, but it will lower the control.

Ultimately you want to settle for a setup with the best control that your arm can handle.

markmdfw
05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Vs / pro hurricane hybrid is nice, it worked wonders on my racket, completely different feeling than kgut or livewire pro.
I am sure you can find something cheaper and better than that hybrid but its really good for me! I am anxious to try other hybrids with some form of gut. Love the pocketing and feel and spin.