PDA

View Full Version : ProSupex Syn Gut Titan vs PSGD

rich s
05-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Ok, I'm nearing the end of my current reel of PSGD 16 and am getting ready to place a string order.

Is ProSupex Syn Gut Titan 16 a one for one replacement for PSGD 16 in your opinion?

stanfordtennis alum
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
if you are looking to replace your PSGD, the closest string I have seen so far has been the pro supex syn gut spiral flex

autumn_leaf
05-07-2010, 06:55 PM
haven't really played psgd. but i heard it was a crisper string and out of titan and spiral flex i would go with spiral flex. it is the crisper out of the two. can't really find anything to complain about with the string. unlike most strings that i find goes mushy after a while spiral flex plays good till the end for me.

-Kap-
05-07-2010, 07:25 PM
The Spiral Flex is advertised as being similar to PSGD, and I'd trust the opinions posted above.

From what I've read on here, Titan is much softer, and in the realm of Forten Sweet.

autumn_leaf
05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
The Spiral Flex is advertised as being similar to PSGD, and I'd trust the opinions posted above.

From what I've read on here, Titan is much softer, and in the realm of Forten Sweet.

yep. titan is definitely softer. many people on this board has stated it as well. for some reason though the rsi stiffness rating says it is actually stiffer than spiral flex contrary to what it is promoted as and by player experience.

rich s
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I appreciate the input.....I'll give Spiral Flex a try.....

any difference in play between the Black and Amber colors?

autumn_leaf
05-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I appreciate the input.....I'll give Spiral Flex a try.....

any difference in play between the Black and Amber colors?

never tried the amber even though i have a reel of it...black just looks so much better imo.