PDA

View Full Version : is it just me, or does polystar energy have no durability?

tsongaali
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Seriously, I love everything about this string but the problem is that it notches really quickly. I can break syn gut pretty quickly, but usually never poly. However, the polystar energy strings notch really quickly and seem like the least durable polyester string I have ever tried. Anyone else think this way?

BTW my set up is full polystar energy at 45 lbs.

Standupnfall
05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
At 50lbs I get at least 8 hours at $8 a set

tsongaali
05-07-2010, 10:56 PM
At 50lbs I get at least 8 hours at $8 a set

Do you break strings easily though? I usually never break any poly strings, but polystar energy seems almost to have the same durability as head rip control.

dekko1
05-08-2010, 01:37 AM
I recently tried a lot of polys, toalson, pacific and all of the polystar strings. Avg of strings lasted a bit more than 3 hrs of hard playing, and Energy was one string that lasted more. It's a good string, but I felt it lost a bit much tension, I tried it again stringing a bit tighter and it was really good. Though I prefered Polystar Strike, a bit more control than Energy, and thats what i play with now. I also liked Turbo better than Energy, it had the softness of Energy but also felt very crispy.

Standupnfall
05-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Do you break strings easily though? I usually never break any poly strings, but polystar energy seems almost to have the same durability as head rip control.

No I don't break strings easily but after 6-8 hours the soft string bed did start to notch and lose some of its "loveliness" for lack of a better word

gflyer
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
I use hybrids with energy in the mains at 58lb and noticed a major tension loss. After 2-3 sessions I have to cut them out.
But to be honest when fresh these strings are amazing, so Ireally don't care about spending a little extra money and time.
I am planning to play full energy soon. I full recovered from tennis elbow but I just want to give it some extra time.

dktracer
05-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I haven't had a problem with durability with Polystar Energy in my KPS's. I find it to be the same as using Luxilon, Blue Gear, Black Code etc.. and I've used at least half a reel of the stuff.

MomentumGT
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I've played 2 practice sessions with Polystar Energy and 1 league singles match with it and haven't experienced any notching. I use a full job of the stuff and it feels pretty good still. A little soft and powerful for my liking so I strung it up a little tighter. My rackets are 18x20 so it will take a bit longer for them to wear out. If I can get 10 hours of hard hitting with this string that would be great. Don't know if Energy is good enough to pull me off of Cyber Flash but its a solid all around string.

-Jon

ManuGinobili
05-13-2010, 12:35 AM
It's just you tsongaali...

DennisK
05-15-2010, 04:31 AM
I haven't found any durability problems with Energy compared to other poly's either. It does lose quite a lot of initial tension after the first play though. Seems to settle down after that.

MomentumGT
05-15-2010, 08:55 PM
I haven't found any durability problems with Energy compared to other poly's either. It does lose quite a lot of initial tension after the first play though. Seems to settle down after that.

I was initially afraid of the quick tension loss so I strung it a few lbs heavier and so far I haven't experienced the quick tension loss some speak of. Energy is quite a bit more elastic than any of the polys I've tried. Pretty solid string imo.

-Jon