PDA

View Full Version : How to replace my grip

Shadow Mix
05-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Hello, not really a question about playing, but the racquet Itself, I am left handed, and I heard the grips for leftys are put counter clockwise, or something like that, I did that on my Microgel Mid Plus, the thing is, I dont know If I did well removing my grip, putting another one and removing a kind of a plastic glued to the racquet while I was removing the grip.
Now I wish to be more carefull, I am going to buy 2 BLX Surge, I just want to know If I have to change the grip, If I do what should I be carefull about when doing it.

ProgressoR
05-08-2010, 01:19 PM
You can find vids on you tube to guide you. Personally I just use overgrip it's very easy to do easier than taking off and replacing the primary grip.

orangettecoleman
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Don't worry about it too much, Just start at the bottom and wrap it around, overlapping by about 1/8 inch or so. Overlap it as much as you can without having the edges stick out in ridges. Anyway, it isn't strictly necessary, Nadal uses a grip wrapped the right-handed way if I recall correctly. If it doesn't look right, you can unwrap it and start over in any case.

SuperDuy
05-08-2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/video/replacegrip.html

Shadow Mix
05-09-2010, 07:15 AM
thank you all very much, I was enlightned :P, btw I had saw youtube videos, but I never saw one as enlightning as Super Duy´s one