PDA

View Full Version : What brands do pro stocks

markmdfw
05-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I know head does pro stocks, does any other company give serials for a pro stock?

Do all pros use heavier than stock sticks?

Thanks in Advance,
Mark

Mdubb23
05-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Prince and Tecnifibre (in addition to Head) give out engineering codes in the throat. Babolat and Wilson force us to look for paint inconsistencies. Dunlop and Yonex print the player's name (the racquet was made for) on the throat bridge and inside the throat, respectively. All racquet manufacturers have "pro stock" racquets, otherwise they'd have no marketing base to build upon. And, yes, 99% of pros use heavier racquets than their retail counterparts.

markmdfw
05-09-2010, 03:48 PM
:) Wow Mdubb, you rock!, thanks for the info! That is good insight, never saw that in Tennis Magazine or on the Tennis channel! No wonder some pros, Blake and Verdasco love there old sticks and hard to find new ones! I would think that the pros are very strong and athletic guys can handle heavy weighted rackets better than the rest of us!

Mdubb23
05-09-2010, 03:58 PM
:) Wow Mdubb, you rock!, thanks for the info! That is good insight, never saw that in Tennis Magazine or on the Tennis channel! No wonder some pros, Blake and Verdasco love there old sticks and hard to find new ones! I would think that the pros are very strong and athletic guys can handle heavy weighted rackets better than the rest of us!

Glad to help! You hit the nail on the head (:oops:), for the most part, pros do not like changing their racquets. They've become accustomed to a certain feel, and they come to crave that. For some pros, a new paintjob is too much change, as they claim that new paint also has an impact on feel. Take, for instance, Tomas Berdych. He would not agree to have his Dunlop frames (mold based off the old Revelation Tour Pro, with a slightly flexier layup) painted with AG 200 4D paint, as he preferred the feel of the original AG 200 paint. The result? He's now with Head, sporting the TGK260.2.