PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Strings Please =]

lolitsanasian
05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I've decided to try out new strings. I have list of strings I've tried, but I'm willing to take any of your suggestions. Thanks guys and girls =]

So far I've tried
Luxilon Big Banger Alu Rough
Signum Pro Poly Plasma
Kirschbaum Pro Line II
Babolat Duralast
Babolat VS Team Natural Gut
Isospeed Baseline
Wilson NXT Tour
Wilson Sensation
Head FXP Power
Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex
Gosen OG Micro Sheep

Like I said, I'll consider any suggestions you guys leave =]

orangettecoleman
05-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I think you had better start by talking about what level you are and what you want out of your string that you aren't currently getting.

lolitsanasian
05-09-2010, 10:31 PM
I really don't think my level or style matters...
But since it'll help (I'm guessing), I'm a solid 4.0 Baseliner.

Durability doesn't really matter but I just want to try out strings to see what I'll like the best.

skyzoo
05-10-2010, 02:38 AM
I really don't think my level or style matters...
But since it'll help (I'm guessing), I'm a solid 4.0 Baseliner.

Durability doesn't really matter but I just want to try out strings to see what I'll like the best.

Let me help you out...

Buy a reel of Golden set poly 16L for the mains and a reel of gosen og sheep 17 gauge for the crosses. string the polyester two pounds lower than the synthetic. Both reels total will combine to less than $90 and the performance of this combo is pristine. What racquet do you use? And your style plays a large factor in what strings to choose.

Valjean
05-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Your trial string list is, well, all over the string map... Let's start with something basic. Do you break your string or not....

If not, I'd say choose Babolat's N.vy, their newest (and premium) synthetic gut, and leave it at that.

retlod
05-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Your string library reads like a Talk Tennis popularity contest. :)

Given that, you should try Babolat PH and PHT, Tecnifibre Black Code and NRG2, Lux BB Ace, Pro Supex Blue Gear, Kirschbaum Spiky Shark, and MSV Focus Hex. Maybe Weiss Cannon Silverstring as well.

dekko1
05-10-2010, 06:56 AM
If you want Poly, try some Polystar strings, Strike is my favorite while Turbo is also great; they are cheap as well.

drakulie
05-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Try the genesis line. (spin x, black magic, typhoon). They are cheap compared to other strings in their category.

Steezmuffin
05-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Your trial string list is, well, all over the string map... Let's start with something basic. Do you break your string or not....

If not, I'd say choose Babolat's N.vy, their newest (and premium) synthetic gut, and leave it at that.

NVY is terrible. I put it in 5 Aero Pro Demos and they all came back broken in like a day.

MuscleWeave
05-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Which ones of those strings did you like, and for what reasons?

hoodjem
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I've decided to try out new strings. I have list of strings I've tried, but I'm willing to take any of your suggestions. Thanks guys and girls =]

So far I've tried
Luxilon Big Banger Alu Rough
Signum Pro Poly Plasma
Kirschbaum Pro Line II
Babolat Duralast
Babolat VS Team Natural Gut
Isospeed Baseline
Wilson NXT Tour
Wilson Sensation
Head FXP Power
Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex
Gosen OG Micro Sheep

Like I said, I'll consider any suggestions you guys leave =]
If I were you, I'd try Kirschbaum PLII in the mains and Wilson NXT in the crosses. Should give you a nice balance of poly spin and durability with the touch and feel of a good multi.

I'd rec 18g poly (for feel) with 16g multi to make it last longer.

Valjean
05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
NVY is terrible. I put it in 5 Aero Pro Demos and they all came back broken in like a day.
This sounds like just children play with you. That N.vy broke at all, in other words, hardly defeats it; to most of us, it's a fortified synthetic gut that holds its tension well, is comfortable, and helps with placing the ball.

Steezmuffin
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
This sounds like just children play with you. That N.vy broke at all, in other words, hardly defeats it; to most of us, it's a fortified synthetic gut that holds its tension well, is comfortable, and helps with placing the ball.
dude. The string feels like garbage when stringing it and I've seen people break it in less than 2 hours over and over again. How can I recommend a string that can't last a day to a customer