PDA

View Full Version : Klip gut/Alpha Gut 2000 Hybrid

hoodjem
05-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Yesterday, I went out hitting with my new experimental set-up: Klip 18g nat gut mains at 58, and Alpha Gut 2000 18g crosses at 60 lbs.

All I can say is wow! This hybrid was just amazing: balanced power with incredible control also. Topspin backhands were working well because of the perfect power. And of course top-notch feel.

I also tried a little with my former favorite: Klip 18g nat gut mains at 58, and Iso-Speed Pro (Classic) crosses at 59lbs (MoJO Set-Up). Oddly, while a few weeks ago this hybrid had felt pretty nice, yesterday it felt like a full poly set-up after hitting with the Klip gut/AG200 hybrid: hard, dull, a lot less feel and way less power. With this set-up my backhands were too often hitting the top of the net instead of curling over. With this racquet I had to keep telling myself to "hit it harder."

I do wonder if the Klip gut/Alpha Gut 2000 hybrid will loosen up too much in the next few weeks and become too powerful and hard to control?

But for right now, it is just amazing!

JT_2eighty
05-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Nice, actually have a set of each of these I was going to give a try soon, but both as full beds, since I'm always looking to sample good, thin strings, and have read good reviews on both.

Have you tried either as a full bed as well? If so, how does this hybrid compare? Speaking of awesome gut/multi hybrids... just recently strung up VS mains with RIP feel crosses (both 17g, 52lbs, pt630), and after 2 matches so far, getting some great touch, feel, & spin.

hoodjem
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I have another racquet with Klip gut and Gaucho gut hybrid. And another with VS gut and Bab Pro Hurricane poly in it. No I haven't tried a full Klip gut bed or a full AG200 bed.

(I'm too hooked on experimenting with hybrids.)

ODYSSEY Mk.4
05-11-2010, 03:42 PM
sound nice and soft but alpha gut 2000's durability is pretty weak have you had and issues with that?

hoodjem
05-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Not yet.

It's been in in only 10 days, so I'll have to let you know in the future.

Racer41c
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
sound nice and soft but alpha gut 2000's durability is pretty weak have you had and issues with that?

I'll bet it holds up ok. Since the gut won't lose tension as fast, the AG crosses should last a good bit longer. All I know is the AG 2000 is very very soft, feels nice and generates good power.

hoodjem
05-15-2010, 07:00 AM
So far so good. I'm gonna try the full-hybrid gut (Klip/Gaucho) racquet this weekend also.