PDA

View Full Version : Catapult V1 MP vs. Catapult 4, Help!!!

jasper15
05-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi All,

I am having a hard time deciding between the Cat V1 MP and Cat 4. I have demoed both racquets, but the grip size was 3/8 and I am 1/8 and couldn't really get a feel for either racquet. I realize they are very similar, with the Cat V1 MP being a little heavier and having a 10 point difference in swing weight (Cat V1 MP - 310, Cat 4 - 300); the Cat 4 is longer. I guess I am worried that the Cat V1 MP is too heavy and I will tire out, but that the Cat 4 may be too long and harder to maneuver especially for someone who is 5'1".

Please let me know if you have tried both and which you would recommend.

Thanks in advance...

bamboo
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
The Cat4 hurt my wrist - I went from a 27 in. Adrenalin Rush to the Cat 4 and within 20 hrs. playing time, I encountered wrist pain which has resolved w/switch to POG OS. I demoed Cat V1 and hit w/it for about 20 hrs. too, with no pain. I went for the Cat 4 because of price ($80) then) w/out demoing because an aquaintance assured me it played similar to Cat V1. I don't recommend small players use extended length - I can handle weight easier. I haven't tried the Gen2 Cat4.