PDA

View Full Version : Great Baseline Racquet?

AngeloDS
05-12-2005, 08:17 PM
What's a good racquet for a good baseline game? My forehands to either corners have a lot of speed and top spin. Though, when I hit to the right corner (facing towards the opponent) -- so it's my right. I find that I have a lot of side spin on the ball and hits perfectly in the corners and curves outwards to the right.

I use a modified version of the western grip that's more paralell to the ground. Almost perfectly paralell, and I load my shots by putting weight on my right leg and ripping it.

I use my coaches NCode nSix-One 95, A friends Babalot, and a ProStaff 6.0 (Wilson).

I really like the Babalot because it feels soft when I hit, but the ProStaff and the nCode for me just rip so finely. Like I can look at where I want to hit and bam it goes there. The babalot is kind of shotty, but I get a ridiculous amount of top-spin from hitting with it.

Same with my one-handed backhands, and my backhand slices.

I've already got my racquet for my serve and volley game. I plan to switch between the two-styles during the tournaments I'm going to be doing this summer.

Coda
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM
get one racket for singles and stick with it, it will help in the long run

pchoi04
05-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Which babolat did you try... I think most people on this board will say that babolats are very stiff and they basically have no feel. Not sure what level you are but I hear that the FP Radical Tour is a good baseliner stick. 100sqin, open string pattern, 12oz, 8pts head light. Specs look pretty good to me. I'm a baseliner myself and I use a POG MP and I love it.

smashserve9566
05-13-2005, 07:45 AM
I am a major baseliner, I love to sit back there and smash away at the corners. A good racquet for that is the Babolat AeroPro drive. It hits it real accurate and good spin. Also another good racquet that is just fun to hit with is the wilson nCode n5. Just kill it for topspin and it will go in no prob. I love that racquet.

Camilio Pascual
05-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Prince Original Graphite OS is an excellent baseliner's racquet. Its flexibility and the stability from the heavy weight give it the best control I've had from an OS. If you are weak or have poor technique, causing trouble generating pace on your serves, this would not be a good racquet in that regard.

Xevoius
05-13-2005, 10:37 AM
POG OS or Babolat Aeropro Control

Rafa Nadal
05-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Go for Babolat Aeropro Drive, no more Unforced Errors :)
Or Head Flexpoint.

Fidelica
05-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeh, the Flexpoint just cleans up unforced errors. Stops 'em cold. I haven't made any since I started playing with the Radical MP, which I love.

antontd
05-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeh, the Flexpoint just cleans up unforced errors. Stops 'em cold. I haven't made any since I started playing with the Radical MP, which I love.

yeah, right...

aces1732
05-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm not exactly sure which racquets are good for baseline, but my babolat pure controls provide great control for my baseline winners. plus i string lower and can generate my own power to get some really nice baseline shots. oh and i am a baseliner who only goes up to net if there is an overhead to put away.

somebody mentioned the POG i have heard that this is a decent baseline racquet.

USCfan
05-13-2005, 04:02 PM
AP Drive is nice, but don't expect 'no more unforced errors.'

esrb
05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
After trying a lot of sticks, i would say that the Bab PC is the best for a Baseliner...i never tried with multifilament strings....but with ALU i hitted hard.
Not far from the bab, my LM Prestige strung at 56lbs is great for power and control due it{s nice sweetspot.