PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Tour Vs Head LM Prestige Mid-Plus

Alex
05-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Since we have a comparison between the O3 Tour and Wison nCode6.1 95.

Next will be Head Head LM Prestige Mid-Plus.

Prince O3 Tour Vs Head LM Prestige Mid-Plus

How these 2 racquets match up???
Which is a better racquet for advance players?

Please compare and comments on their payability, stability, forgiveness, sweet spot, power, control and etc.

Thanks...

AndrewD
05-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Alex, I'll find it hard to be impartial as my hit with the Prestige mp was a disaster. I don't know if it was the string job or just the way the racquet plays but I had no power, no feel, little mobility and an overall feeling that Id be better off swinging a plank of wood. Didnt play like a larger version of the LM Prestige mid at all, which is what I was hoping for. Sweetspot seemed very small, weight was okay but just felt a bit unwieldy.

The 03Tour, on the other hand, I think is one of the best, if not the best, racquet Ive hit with since coming back to tennis last year. Great access to spin -slice and top-, good power, good control (although it does have a hot spot and I think you'd have to watch tension drop), lovely weighting (dont know the specs just how it felt to me). I had great success serving and volleying with it (my primary game), good success chipping and charging (still felt stable ) and a great time hitting from the baseline. The 03 seemed to have a nice sized sweetspot - hard to say how big if you keep hitting the same spot - and off centre shots still had power plus control. All up, I think its the best Prince racquet in years. If I had the money Id buy one, I really liked it that much.

Best thing to do is try both and see what you think.

nViATi
05-13-2005, 06:25 AM
i haven';t tried the 03 Tour but the LM Prestige MP is awesome.

NY12345v
05-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Another good comparison is the O3 Tour vs the Flexpoint Tour. They have somewhat similiar specs. The FP Tour at 27.25 or 27.5 would be interesting. I will take the FP Tour due to its extra stability.

AndrewD
05-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Difference between the two will come down to personal preference I think. Me, I prefer the slimmer profile of the 03 Tour. The FlexPoint is nice but just feels a little bulky in the handle. Yes, feels a bit more stable (the downside of prefering a slimmer profile) but doesn't swing as freely. The 03 doesn't feel as big as the FlexPoint for some reason. Probably weight and, once again, the slim profile.

Either racquet would suit a baseliner or an all-court player. You'd just have to decide which you preferred and that probably comes down to swing speed and 'fee'. I thing though, serve-volley players and people who mainly play doubles might feel a bit more comfortable with the Tour.

Don't think you'd go wrong with either. In my opinion its a huge leap in quality for Prince and a big improvement on the LM Radical by Head.

barry
05-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I bought a Head Flexpoint Radical Tour and played with it for 1/2 hour, developed shoulder pains. It had no feel and was very lively. It is 10 point head light and by the time you put a leather grip on it, it weighs 12.5 ounces and is 12 point head light. In my opinion Head is producing terrible rackets, tried both the I.Radical and the Lm.Radical, both of those were junk.

Sold it and have ordered a Prince O3 Tour. At least it does not start out 10 points head light! Plus the weight you can add lead tape to the head.

AndrewD
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Barry, I hope you gave the O3 a test run before ordering it. Sounds like you had a similar response to the FlexPoint and the LM Radical as myself. Others love them, I just dont like the feel. Still, they're great racquets for a lot of people.

How about posting up your impressions of the 03 when you get to have a hit with it. Even post up your impressions of the FlexPoint as Im sure a few would be interested in what you thought.

jeffatl
05-14-2005, 12:11 AM
I play with the LM prestige right now, but I havent hit with the O3 tour yet. It is demoed out for a while so I dont know when I will get to use it. As soon as I do, I will post my thoughts.

federer_nadal
05-14-2005, 12:50 AM
its only 8 points

jeffatl
05-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Got the o3 tour and I LOVE IT! I need some different strings though. The guy told me "these new prince lightning strings are great!".......they suck, ZERO feel. I will get it re-strung next week. I love both these rackets, but the o3 tour is amazing. Just a great all around stick.

drak
05-27-2005, 06:36 AM
I ordered an 03 tour after a week of demoing. Just did everything well for me with no weakness. Nice blend of power/control and spin. I really liked how easily it moved thru the air, hence rather easily generating very good racket head speed - yet it was still stable and solid enough even without adding lead tape (which can easily be done given its weight). I agree, Prince's best offering in a long time. I also like the lower flex level, it should be very friendly on the arm. After using an okay synthetic I ordered mine with a BB Ace hybrid - that should offer awesome spin potential and I'll see how comfortable it plays with this frame.

Drak

jeffatl
05-27-2005, 10:15 PM
^^^ Agreed, I felt like I got a ton of spin with this racket. A great all aroung racket. Can anyone reccomend a good set of synth gut strings for this racket? The lightning are not going to cut it.