PDA

View Full Version : 03 Tour - stock or mod ?

SC in MA
05-13-2005, 04:49 AM
I haven't had a chance to hit with one yet, but it seems quite a few of those who have (like the TW reviewers) have mentioned that they thought it needed some added weight.

Just curious. If you've hit with one, or have one, did you add weight to it, or do you plan to ?

gregraven
05-13-2005, 06:21 AM
I weighted one of mine up to 331 grams, adding an overgrip and 3 grams of lead tape at the "triple threat" points in the hoop. For most of the tennis I play, this was enough to deal with the pace I get, without ruining the maneuverability of the racquet at the net. However, I have another O3 Tour that weighs 342, with a balance at 32.75 cm (instead of 31.75 for my O3 +3), and a swingweight of 325 (instead of 310 for my O3 +3). It really hits through the ball, and it's great for withstanding groundstroke blasts at the net, but my O3 +3 is clearly better as an all-around racquet. YMMV.

nguyenthuc
05-13-2005, 02:54 PM
I added just a tad of 1/4 inch width lead tape (about 2grams) at the 3 and 9 position on the frame face (so as to not interfere with the O-ports, plus it looks better there, IMO), and strung it with Prince Duraflex 17 at 57 lbs, and it hits solidly without losing maneuverability.