PDA

View Full Version : AeroProdrive and arm saftey

TennisMD
05-13-2005, 07:06 AM
All APD players:

After playing with this rkt for 4 mos now I am having some concern with arm saftey especially forearm tenderness anybody have this experinece and does weighting it up to 12 oz plus keeping it head light make a difference.

smashserve9566
05-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Im getting an AeroPro Drive in a few days. Let me know what kinda problems I should look out for, Im in high school and kinda worried about makin sure im in good condition for a while so let me know how its going and all that stuff.
my email is (hockeydude9566@sc.rr.com)
Thanks

Marius_Hancu
05-13-2005, 12:08 PM
check in my signature
"Elbow" and "Wrist" sections
for recommendations.

also search the Health section for threads containing same.

Marius_Hancu
05-13-2005, 12:15 PM
it's 320g, that's not too bad.
but 67 in stiffness might be too much for you.

which strings, tension? that's critical too.

placing some lead might help.
but you might have to use 20g+, thus balance it's a concern.

Marius_Hancu
05-13-2005, 12:19 PM
check this thread, it raises more concerns:

Aeropro Drive Customizing?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=50849

you might have to change the racket ...

I do not like to insist staying with a racket which starts to create problems.

erik-the-red
05-13-2005, 01:55 PM
I consider a 67 flex rating to be firm.

If you are concerned for arm safety, then just lead up that racquet to 13.0+ ounces. If you're really afraid, but still like the way the racquet plays, then up it to 14.1 ounces, the heft of a Jack Kramer Prostaff.

Obviously, that's a huge difference - three ounces. But, remember! Back in the day, little kids used racquets that heavy. So, as long as you can still swing the APD fast enough, your arm will thank you and your opponent will quiver.

nn
05-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I am not sure Maricu is sale rep or someone getting paid for writing against ALU big bager or any Babolat racquet. Come to real world out of top ten you have three players with Babolat pure drive and aerodrive. (Roddick,Nadal,Luc and Moya)..

They should retire by now according to your post in every dammm question regarding ALU or Babolat.

I am using PD+ and ALU 58 without any problem for 3 years.

stop the crap..

I like PD+ and test Aerodrive as well and like PD+ more but difference is not much..

TennisMD
05-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Follow up, played the APD weighted up to 12.2 oz for 2 1/2 hrs. doubles last night and today feel great. Competitive 4.0 level alot of action.

smashserve9566
05-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I was out hitting the ball around today and I did notice a little sudden dull pain in my wrist. I went to a few sites too look it up and it seems like I have the common case of ECU- (wrist-tendonitis). They say the best thing is to change your swing gradually if you are using an extreme topspin swing. I am not too bad just yet so I might just wear a wrist band or something like that. But thanks for the help on the info Marcus.

Marius_Hancu
05-13-2005, 04:10 PM
I am not sure Maricu is sale rep or someone getting paid for writing against ALU big bager or any Babolat racquet. Come to real world out of top ten you have three players with Babolat pure drive and aerodrive. (Roddick,Nadal,Luc and Moya)..

They should retire by now according to your post in every dammm question regarding ALU or Babolat..

If you offer to pay, I'll be paid.

And BTW, you forgot to mention Kim, she just had 3 surgeries on her wrist, because of the same type of racket.

Marius_Hancu
05-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Follow up, played the APD weighted up to 12.2 oz for 2 1/2 hrs. doubles last night and today feel great. Competitive 4.0 level alot of action.

Just curious, how much lead is that?
Anyway, good luck.

Marius_Hancu
05-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I was out hitting the ball around today and I did notice a little sudden dull pain in my wrist. I went to a few sites too look it up and it seems like I have the common case of ECU- (wrist-tendonitis). They say the best thing is to change your swing gradually if you are using an extreme topspin swing. I am not too bad just yet so I might just wear a wrist band or something like that. But thanks for the help on the info Marcus.

would be useful to post those sites, just in case.
and check this posting for the wrist:

Pain on the ulnar side of the wrist in pro tennis (article)
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=40343

cello lover
05-13-2005, 10:22 PM
I played with the head LM radical TOUR for a year and I...
...couldn't swing it properly
...little control
...caused me shoulder, elbow and wrist pain...

Don' t care if this racquet was "flexible" and heavy, it didn't do me any good

I sold it two weeks ago, and I'm playing with the AERODRIVE for a week,

and LIKING it: it's stable as it is, it's comfy, I can lay dropshots, volleys with ease (control is good), and NO PAIN!

Remember: the frame is one thing, but you hit with the strings!

(strings: tecnifibre duramix, 27/25 kilos)

greetz,

erik

Rafa Nadal
05-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi with the aeropro i havent any arm problems,with Dampener and without.
With the pure Drive there were some problems.