PDA

View Full Version : how do these 100 sq inch racquets compare?

spksz
05-13-2005, 07:21 AM
how do these racquets compare and how are their playability and feel like? which one is better?

1) Babolat Pure Drive Plus
2) Babolat AeroPro Drive
3) Head LiquidMetal Instinct XL
4) Prince O3 Tour
5) Head Flexpoint Radical Tour MidPlus

highsierra
05-13-2005, 07:37 AM
From what I read and what I saw, the O3 is the choice. Even if you lose with it, looking at the cool frame would still make you feel good and your opponent envy :p

smashserve9566
05-13-2005, 07:51 AM
I am playing with an aeropro drive. excellent racquet. I love to hit with it. What kinda style do you play with. Spin, Power, Net...?
It just matters what kinda style u are looking at using them for. they all have their pros and cons.

AndrewD
05-13-2005, 08:21 AM
spksz,
there's another thread running with a comp of the O3Tour and FlexPoint Radical. Posted some thoughts on them there. Basically, I can't say enough good things about the 03. Best thing Prince has done in years.

If you like a slim profile frame you'll enjoy it. If you like something thicker and more substantial feeling then it might not be for you. However, huge topspin potential, excellent at net and on serve as well as from the baseline.

The FlexPoint is a fine racquet as well. I preferred the 03 but the Head is still quite nice. I like a slim profile so that counts against the Head but it hit a nice ball, good top and a lot of comfort.

Too hard to say which is best so you'd need to take them both for a spin (no pun intended). In my opinion they are streets ahead of the others you mentioned unless you're looking for quite a bit more power. They've got power but its not the overwhelming type that the Babolats seem to possess. More controlled power, accessible when you need it but not unpredictable.

Misiti99
05-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Stay away from Babolats...
Roddick- Wrist
Clijsters- Wrist surgery
myself and my sister elbow problems
everyone else i know is baggin the racquet
TOO STIFF...babolats started out nice cause good racquet but..NOTHING on the same level of this nanotechnology.....nCode and O3 Tour
even Flexpoint....great racquets

spksz
05-13-2005, 10:16 AM
i play a more aggressive baseline style.seldom volley.adjust my spin level depending on the type of shots i hit.

smashserve9566
05-13-2005, 12:03 PM
That might be true about the Babolats but I havent had any problems at all. I love the way it feels. It might be me or maybe my tension or whatever, but I dont think its stiff at all. I have played with a nCode n6 and I thought it felt reallly really smooth. The vibration of the racquet was very minimal and it just felt nice.

TwistServe
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I like my PD+

Coda
05-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Stay away from Babolats...
Roddick- Wrist
Clijsters- Wrist surgery
myself and my sister elbow problems
everyone else i know is baggin the racquet
TOO STIFF...babolats started out nice cause good racquet but..NOTHING on the same level of this nanotechnology.....nCode and O3 Tour
even Flexpoint....great racquets

although you and your sister have elbow problems because of the babolat, I highly doubt that roddick's writst problems stem from the stiffness of his pure drive (which is a paintjob anyway). Although elbow problems can stem directly from the racket, technique also has alot to do with your pain...look into your technique. Also, technology does nothing to the rackets today except make it stiffer and take the feel out of the racket. Don't get swayed too easily by ads.