PDA

View Full Version : SCRAPED KNEE, Keeps moist and bleeding HELP!!

PHSTennis
04-15-2004, 02:56 PM
I went low for a half volley, my knee scraped and was bleed I have a 1in. dia. cut, scab form around about 1cm in, it starts to get moist when it bends like in bed or when I play, I havent taken any days off since it happened.. started puting iodine on it.. any suggestions? it just keeps opening... theres like a film that forms on it but it rips off... weird.. any cream I should buy or something? I need to get it to heal in about 5 days I have a match, cant really bend my knee with scab or something there... please help me... its annoying!

nvared
04-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I would try some of that liquid stuff called "New Skin". It will probably hurt some when you apply it, but I tend to get cracks in my fingers especially in the winter making it harder for me to grip my racket. The cracks seem to heal faster when I use the "New Skin". Just an idea.....

PHSTennis
04-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Great, I got that works great it kinda looks messy... but yeah it worked great cool! my hand too... lots of blisters and cracks on my thumb.. sometimes it hurts.. suggest new skin on that? thanks

nvared
04-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Glad it worked. I would think it would work on blisters or any place you can get it to stay at least for awhile. That "film" you said was forming on your knee was like a pre-scab type thing. The "New Skin" just allows it to start healing and provides a little bit of a buffer.

PHSTennis
04-29-2004, 06:32 PM
HAHAHA! here it goes again I went for a half volley during a set this time! score hit a passing! got it to duece.. :) yeAUH it was 5-4.. ad in... i won that set 6-4 and I have that same knee problem :P back to that new skin, what a great product.